Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Olympics...bleh

iamme

not sure, but i just dont give a sh!t about it now, or any of the recent ones....i feel like its lost its edge. its like one giant ad as well...bleh.

last one i actually cared about was in the early 90's, the winter olympics...i was big into the hockey (was in montreal at the time and Canadian team was doing quite well).

not sure, but i just dont give a sh!t about it now, or any of the recent ones....i feel like its lost its edge. its like one giant ad as well...bleh.

last one i actually cared about was in the early 90's, the winter olympics...i was big into the hockey (was in montreal at the time and Canadian team was doing quite well).

I agree on all those levels.

It did lose it's edge. Seems like Im disassociated with the people competing. Not to mention all the doping allegations.

:blah:

What are their names and what events are they participating in?

Andrew Rock - running in the trials of the 4x400 relay...my brother's roommate.

Derrick Peterson - running the 800...can't believe the mo fo made it...We ran on the same track club back in the day (college)

Gotta admit though...watching the olympics depresses me...cause I always think about what could have been.

im a citizen of the world....may the best athlete win....i dont care what country they come from....but i must say that gymnastics is fascinating to me....the fact that some of those people can hold there body up with one arm.....that takes some serious strnght, and training.....ive always thought that gymanst both women and men, do something that is truly a talent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Andrew Rock - running in the trials of the 4x400 relay...my brother's roommate.

Derrick Peterson - running the 800...can't believe the mo fo made it...We ran on the same track club back in the day (college)

Gotta admit though...watching the olympics depresses me...cause I always think about what could have been.

what were ur events and times, and what happened? PM if u feel like. I am big into track so I cant wait to watch this. THe olympics are one of my favorite things in sports.

what were ur events and times, and what happened? PM if u feel like. I am big into track so I cant wait to watch this. THe olympics are one of my favorite things in sports.

I ran everything from the 100 - 800...best was the 800 by far...1:48.06 was my PB at 20 yrs old...took 2nd at NAIA nationals after my sophomore year and took 3rd at the Penn Relays in the 4x800 meter relay. Also, I had only run that event for 2 years, so I was hoping for a big junior year in 1996. But I severly tore my abdomen playing f'n football and it wiped that year out completly. Once senior year came by, our team was in desperate need for sprinters, so I made the sacrifice and went back down to the 100 and 200. I ran with Nike Boston for a year after I graduated, but the wear and tear to my ankles and knees from all the years of running did me in finally. It was still a great experience and I will always cherish the opportunity I had to compete.

I'll be rooting damn hard for my friends and the USA!!! :)

I ran everything from the 100 - 800...best was the 800 by far...1:48.06 was my PB at 20 yrs old...took 2nd at NAIA nationals after my sophomore year and took 3rd at the Penn Relays in the 4x800 meter relay. Also, I had only run that event for 2 years, so I was hoping for a big junior year in 1996. But I severly tore my abdomen playing f'n football and it wiped that year out completly. Once senior year came by, our team was in desperate need for sprinters, so I made the sacrifice and went back down to the 100 and 200. I ran with Nike Boston for a year after I graduated, but the wear and tear to my ankles and knees from all the years of running did me in finally. It was still a great experience and I will always cherish the opportunity I had to compete.

I'll be rooting damn hard for my friends and the USA!!! :)

thats awsome man! I wasn't nearly as good, but I did the triple/ Long jumps, mainly focused on Triple. Also did the hurdles starting my junior year of high school and second meet of outdoor my senior year, I jumped the 7th hurdle a fraction of a second early in the 400 hurdles and came down and rolled my ankle and fracture that and my pinky toe. I finished the race which was probably dumb but still got third.

....i watched most of it all day yesterday....women's beach volleyball has the ultimate fox - misty may.....mmmmeeeeoowwwwww.......but i'm officially addicted to the games at this point......they give you all the personal background and it sucks you right in........damn them..........lol

....i watched most of it all day yesterday....women's beach volleyball has the ultimate fox - misty may.....mmmmeeeeoowwwwww.......but i'm officially addicted to the games at this point......they give you all the personal background and it sucks you right in........damn them..........lol

i watched some of it yesterday too....those were some hot bods on the beach for volleyball! :eek: !

I just don't have the patience for all the commercials, and the fact that the games are on mulitple channels. :half:

i watched some of it yesterday too....those were some hot bods on the beach for volleyball! :eek: !

I just don't have the patience for all the commercials, and the fact that the games are on mulitple channels. :half:

...we could have our own olympics....how's friday night for ya?.....;)

I watched the opening ceremony on Friday night.....It was actually kinda cool

me too...I caught the last two hours after some of my Greek friends took me out to dinner...

It was hilarious listening to the Tiesto trance in the background while my friends mother said "oh how pretty" in greek. :laugh2: