Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cardio question ...

mursa

....... What's the least Catalytic to muscles fibers ...cardio before your workout OR after workout ?

I ask because i've been making good gains in the gym ,muscle wise , but I want to start a Cardio regime as Im taking in more calories as of late, I just want to be safe and lose a 400-500 extra calories without sacrificing Muscle .

thanx . :)

id imagine cardio afterwards is always best if you are trying to maintain/build muscle. You need more energy to lift...which also serves as a "warm up" for cardio. not sure of the scientific explanation but thats what i understand of the situation...

....... What's the least Catalytic to muscles fibers ...cardio before your workout OR after workout ?

I ask because i've been making good gains in the gym ,muscle wise , but I want to start a Cardio regime as Im taking in more calories as of late, I just want to be safe and lose a 400-500 extra calories without sacrificing Muscle .

thanx . :)

I limit my cardio before my workout to about 5-10 mins. in doing such I warm my muscles up for my work, and help prevent injuries. IMO doing a full cardio routine on the same day you’re doing a weight workout is overkill, and will put your body in an overstrained state. my full cardio workouts are done on non-lifting days, and I take at least two complete days off a week to allow my body to fully recover.

your lean as fawk anyway, so why the hell are you doing cardio :confused:

just watch your calorie intake. :)

there have been published studies that i've read about in magazines as well as online that doing cardio after lifting is more muscle sparring. that's what i usually do when i do cardio on the same day that i lift, which is only when im trying to cut up. i usually do my regular routine and then about a half hour of cardio to finish things off. on non lifting days i do about 45+ mins depending on how i feel.

i def give my body time to rest on the weekends though, and i can tell within a week of starting same day lifting/cardio that im starting to get leaner.

Cario by itself with food in your stomach has the least effect on your muscle but also the least effect on fat.

Keep in mind if you have built more mass you will not need as much cardio to accomplish the same goal.

Bodybuilders get to the point where they are only walking on the treadmill (very slowly) for a max of 30 minutes 3 x's per week. And they are burning fat (but they are using heavy androgens to retain as much muscle as possible). Even with that, they still expect to loose muscle mass.

Nautica

I limit my cardio before my workout to about 5-10 mins. in doing such I warm my muscles up for my work, and help prevent injuries. IMO doing a full cardio routine on the same day you’re doing a weight workout is overkill, and will put your body in an overstrained state. my full cardio workouts are done on non-lifting days, and I take at least two complete days off a week to allow my body to fully recover.

your lean as fawk anyway, so why the hell are you doing cardio :confused:

just watch your calorie intake. :)

It's really not a Cardio regime , it's more of a 400-500 (30 minutes in crosstrainer machine) calorie burn that I want to do maybe 3x a week ....so as to guarantee that I maintain my current body shape (6'3 222lbs) and not get "thick" .

Im just not sure if I should do it before or after I hit the weights . :)

It's really not a Cardio regime , it's more of a 400-500 (30 minutes in crosstrainer machine) calorie burn that I want to do maybe 3x a week ....so as to guarantee that I maintain my current body shape (6'3 222lbs) and not get "thick" .

Im just not sure if I should do it before or after I hit the weights . :)

30 mins. 3x a week. seems like cardio regime to me.:D in any case doing it before or after hitting the weights is overtraining IMO. if your weight training routine is as intense as it should be, I can’t see the benefit of pushing your body even further by throwing in 30 mins of cardio in the same session. I would be more concerned about knowing my current BF% and training and eating based on the same. just my two pennies.. good luck with your training. :cool: