Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling's Review of Loft Magazine Party@Amika and Space Afterhours

Bling

What reasons do people go out to nightclubs on weekends? Some say they go to hang with good friends, or for the music, or the ambience. I say I go for all of the above. I see myself as of late, going out more and more, longer and longer... Not only to support my friends spin but to just have a great time.

Tonite thanks to an invite from Ikkin (Nikki) I was invited to the Loft Magazine Party @ Amika. IT was a first time for me not only going to Amika but also hearing Shawn Rudnik behind the decks.

I arrived at Amika around 930 pm. After meeting up with Macboy who gave me an extra RSVP (just to be sure i have no problems getting in). The door was slammed with people. They were a bit selective as to who was going into this affair but the front door was stil very well organized and moved quickly. Obviously, the very hot girls were being let in first followed by everyone else. Luckily for me though I got in a bit quicker thanks to Nikki who appeared at the door and wisked me inside.

As i entered i was floored, the place was simply gorgeous. Gleaming hardwood floors, 3 bars one in the center front and two on the sides. Up above, bluish green lights were hanging over providing a bit of sexy ambience. The dj booth situated in the back of the club with a video screen up above. Also scattered througout, were copies of the current issue of LOFT Magazine ..... which i scanned over at the end of the evening when I just couldnt dance anymore......

The place was slammed packed. Gorgeous women everywhere!! Everyone was dressed up very chic and definitly dressed to impress.

The Amika dancers actually were dancing in the upstairs hip hop room before it opened. You could see their silhoutte shadows dancing from the main room. Excellent touch.

They also had a fashion show showing a new line of clothes. Very nice stuff

At this point I bump into Pod as well as Eddy who introduced me to his brother and club owner Tony. Thanks for the great hospitality Eddy all nite long Also at this point I bumped into Shawn Rudnik who hooked me up with a cd (cant wait to hear it).

Lots of board support for this nite. Great hanging with Patois from CP(Becky) all nite long. Also great to see, Miriam, Ramon, Liz, Beatfriek(omg ur alive!!!), Macboy, DJ Bruno, Biz, Saleen, Carisa, Leo(for like 2 seconds LOL ), NickJunkie and Sarah and whomever else I forgot

Shawn's set blew me away. The night was accompanied by an excellent drummer slamming away as Shawn was dropping some nasty tribal and latin house all nite long. (oh and a little rock with ..... "fight for ur right to party" )

I was told by eddy that the percussionist was nominated for a latin grammy a while back. I am not suprised. The few times I have seen a drummer backing up a dj set they have not been as on point as this guy was. Awesome job.

At some points I was dancing so hard i had chest pain LOL.. Thank God Amika has ample seating so I was able to plop down in the corner next to ramon and miriam for a bit ...

This party was simply amazing what can be said. Except I plan to make this my normal fri nite hangout from here on out. OH did I say the women were gorgeous!!!! WOW.... LOL

Thanks again to Eddie, Nikki and Shawn for treating me so well all nite long.

Space AFterhours

Around 3:30 i left Amika and headed out to Space. Meet up with Andrew outside and we head on in . The second i walked in i was a bit surprised to see the decor. The club was a bit more loungy they had couches in the center and plants around it a bit like Nerve.

Coolest Part of the nite: I am standing at the bar with Andrew when Luis comes up to us.. I have never spoken to Luis before, and he comes up to me and buys myself and Andrew a drink.... Very cool. much appreciated Luis

At Space bump into DjTekwrek, Diaga, (thanks for the cd..... heh my drink ticket for a cd. not a bad trade Carisa and eddy.

Also great to see ARdis who was exhausted after her Party 931 broadcast at Voodoo. (congrats cant wait to hear ur broadcast from Giorgios on Wed at 10 pm .... sorry bit of a plug there )

So I head into the booth and bump into Juan Mejia(his first time at Space and he was definitly impressed). Sitting there in the booth wiht Juan and Bruno was too funny. Juan was like "bruno u know this guy" then bruno says do you know this guy? and says my full name first and last. FINALLY SOMEONE DOESNT CALL ME BLING !! (not that I mind)......

Gabriel Fain was on the decks. He started off very slow and loungy. I was not really feeling the set until I pretty much was about to leave around 615 or so. IT was not bad by no means, but I was looking foward to Bruno's brand of nastiness tonite .... Maybe it was because i was so tired that I could not even move at this pont, I do not know.

Turnout was def better then last week. This party is def starting to pick up I will def come out and support this fri party as often as I can physically survive LOL ..

It was a great nite out on the town as always.. Amika was amazing and Space.. is well Space (thats always a good thing)

Great seeing everyone and hopefully see u guys at Blue tomororow

Thanks for the great review Daniel.

I'm really glad you had a great time.

Amika is definitely an unbelievable club. I really loved working with Tony and the staff in putting together this event - they are all an amazing group of people.

Overall the party turned out great and I thank all those who supported me and came.

This was undoubtably one of our best, if not best LOFT Party. :)

Thanks for the great review Daniel.

I'm really glad you had a great time.

Amika is definitely an unbelievable club. I really loved working with Tony and the staff in putting together this event - they are all an amazing group of people.

Overall the party turned out great and I thank all those who supported me and came.

This was undoubtably one of our best, if not best LOFT Party. :)

I only have you to thank Nikki for inviting me :) ....... Thanks for everything esp at the door...... btw u looked ravishing in that dress :)

So I just learned that Nikki's brother is Chris Duque of Chris & Mono fame. Can anyone tell me where these guys are spinning these days? Damn, I miss them. :bounce:

ahhhhhhh nice i did now know that ..... i heard them once at privilege good stuff

So I just learned that Nikki's brother is Chris Duque of Chris & Mono fame. Can anyone tell me where these guys are spinning these days? Damn, I miss them. :bounce:

ahhhhhhh nice i did now know that ..... i heard them once at privilege good stuff

I only have you to thank Nikki for inviting me :) ....... Thanks for everything esp at the door...... btw u looked ravishing in that dress :)

Thank You :)

And yes Chris is my brother. They actually played Thursday night at State, awsome party!

Thank You :)

And yes Chris is my brother. They actually played Thursday night at State, awsome party!

Chris is great and your party was even better!!!!! Thanks soooo much for the invite. Best party this year!!!! Speak to you VERY soon. :D

Chris is great and your party was even better!!!!! Thanks soooo much for the invite. Best party this year!!!! Speak to you VERY soon. :D

got to agree this party was awesome.. up there with the migs party at the delano for best parties ive been to this year :)