Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Club buddies

Guest dillpickle

Guest dillpickle

wassSup internet clubbers,

I'm in a transitionary period of my life. One year after graduating college. I moved around a lot, lost a lot of weight, survived depression, and have money for the first time in my life. I really like to go out dancing; however, most of my friends are either poor, cheap, in another state, boring, under 21, or listen to punk music...

I'm a shy person. I don't want to spend my nights in front of the TV/computer, but I'm not quite brave enough to club alone (I have before, but I also chicken out a lot).

I signed up for a hip hop dance class that starts this week. I'm hoping I'll get to meet more cool people to go clubbing with.

Anyways, this is a clubbing site, so I thought I might be able to find a few people who would like to pair up to hit LA or OC some nights. Or maybe I could just find some advice. I like Hip hop, trance, house. I'm not really into rock music, but I can enjoy a high energy punk show with a mosh pit.

FWIW...

dude you'll have the best time clubbing alone...i go out alone all the time and have met more chix and even made out when i've gone alone!!!! the first couple times you'll feel awkward but i suggest you start by going to the bigger clubs, the places that have lots and lots of ppl. and theres also space for you to walk around...if you go to a small place you'll prolly just have to stand/sit in a corner...so avoid those for now, and when you get used to being by yourself and learn to be social anywhere you go, you wont have a problem in even the smaller places!!!!

now get out there and start clubbing!!! :D

Guest dillpickle

Cool. That's what I was thinking. I guess it's yet another opportunity for me to grow, which is exciting for me.

I'll take your comments about the big vs small club in mind. I have mostly been trying a lot of the clubs in W. Hollywood, but I'd consider them small.... plus they're usually playing rock bands.

:)

dude you'll have the best time clubbing alone...
i used to go out by myself a lot to raves (which are held in clubs in new york) back when i lived in nyc. i always had a great time and met cool people. those were raves, though. make sure you go to places with a really friendly vibe - none of those snotty joints. but i'm with anotherway; the big venues are the most fun, 'cause you can really choose your own adventure.

I alwasy go to clubs by myself... I usually end up meeting great people too!!

I don't think I've been to a club with friends who came with me in a long time... i enjoy being by myself because it makes you have to meet new people

but I want to take a hip hop class soooo bad