Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn Yamkee Fans !!!!!!!!!

pedro career numbers as of 2003. Not including this years 1.93 era vs the yanks.

Pitcher G GS CG ShO IP H R ER HR BB K W L ERA

Pedro Martinez 24 24 4 1 162.2 125 54 52 10 45 216 9 8 2.88

216 k's in 162 innings only 45 walks 4 complete games. Really try to know the facts before you say things.

:doh:

now you got me completely confused

your game is getting weak....go back and practice before you step to the big boys' table again

nice try johnny

please do us all a favor and go back and reread this thread

you got schooled several times on this thread alone

from the gooden/boggs shit

to the "spewing of bullshit" whatever that meant

to the schilling crying thing .....ooops you were wrong

to the unable to admit how pussy of a move it was on variteks part , and that if he got the better of arod why did varitek miss the next game due to injury??

and then you finish it up with amazing retorts like fag, and quoting JFK lines

thanks for playing

Well not taking off the mask was smart, if he did he would of gotton a longer suspesion and arod would of gottona shorter one. He would of been seen as an instigator. He hurt his wrist planting it in arod face. I do not know what spewing meant or the yanks being shitbags thing.

nice try johnny

please do us all a favor and go back and reread this thread

you got schooled several times on this thread alone

from the gooden/boggs shit

to the "spewing of bullshit" whatever that meant

to the schilling crying thing .....ooops you were wrong

to the unable to admit how pussy of a move it was on variteks part , and that if he got the better of arod why did varitek miss the next game due to injury??

and then you finish it up with amazing retorts like fag, and quoting JFK lines

thanks for playing

schooled??? now youre making shit up like you do when you try to trash max

gooden/boggs....I proved my point about them being a crack head and domestic abuser respectively and the Yankees taking them on their team after they courted that label

spewing of bullshit.....proved my point on that one with not one, but several posts

schilling crying...your boy added that part as he was talking about game 7 of the series last year, dont even deny that one

varitek definately got the better of gay-rod, why else would you be so bitter?

son, you got no game. you formulize things in your mind and try to claim victory when you dont even have the ground to stand on. youre out of your league on this one and now you are just making yourself look like a shnook. take my advice as I gave it before, sit this one out and let the big boys take this one

P.S buy yourself a fucking dictionary and look shit up once in a while.... this idea of you posting numerous paragraphs after paragraphs full of grammar errors is fucking embarrassing. When non posters visit this forum and see us talking back at you and not saying anything makes everybody look like a retard. I wont let you take me down with ya... i'm jumping off this ship. From now on, if you cant do a lil spell check, you aint getting a response. :)

I wouldn't talk about grammer errors.. you're not exactly Mr. English Major.

you are not smart huh?

I rivalry has alot more to do then balenced games.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/frank_deford/03/31/redsox.yankees/

http://www.sportspickle.com/features/2004-0707-yankees.html :funny:

If you want to call this a "rivalry" be my guest... Whatever helps you sleep at night...

The last time the red sox one an important game against the yanks was 95 when we won the east.

Wow... so we're coming up on the 10 year anniversery of this momentous occasion... Have you made any plans to celebrate?? :rolleyes:

Perdo is 1-0 with a 1.93 era this year against the yanks. The last three years he has a 3.03 era and 121 so in 88 innings. And those were not even his best years.

I'm going to be lazy and assume Pedro's numbers against the Yankees that you posted are correct. You are right, those numbers appear good on the surface. However, lets forget about the ERA, K's, WHIP's, etc because the only people that benefit from those are fantasy baseball owners. At the core, Pedro is only 9-8 against us. So despite those shiny numbers, your best pitcher is only slightly above .500 against the Yankees. If he even won 1 game in last years series, we could be speaking about the Red Sox as defending WS champs. You pay this guy 17 million to win these type of games. The fact that he didn't is pretty disconcerting. Wakefield has pitched great against us the last 2 years or so, but if that knuckler is off he will get lit up like a christmas tree.

I do not worry about wake and arroyo against you guys they alway pitch well(-minus one gofer ball to boone).

What about Lowe?? Make fun of Esteban all you want buy Lowe has been just as bad. In a contract year nonetheless....

Those links are useless at proving any point you are trying to make. One is an editorial which means that one person agrees with you the other is a satire site. i could post 30980985085023894029384 million links that says it is. I believe a rivaly has to do with memoable games. Also the players play harder, where evn regular season games feel like playoff games.Also there is history between the two teams. We play tight games with baltimore and those games go back and forth, but that is not a rivalry.

Pedro W and L have nothing to do with him as a pitcher, it has more to do with the red sox not hitting for him. also the yanks pitching staff the last 5 years has been head and shoulders better the the sox. That ends this year. the red sox 1-5 is better then the yanks.

You can talk about lowe all you want but i will take him over loiza 10 out of 10 times. Lowe is 3-0 in his last 4, loiza is 0-2. By the way contreras is 3-1.

Only 4 and 1/2 back.

schooled??? now youre making shit up like you do when you try to trash max

gooden/boggs....I proved my point about them being a crack head and domestic abuser respectively and the Yankees taking them on their team after they courted that label

spewing of bullshit.....proved my point on that one with not one, but several posts

schilling crying...your boy added that part as he was talking about game 7 of the series last year, dont even deny that one

varitek definately got the better of gay-rod, why else would you be so bitter?

son, you got no game. you formulize things in your mind and try to claim victory when you dont even have the ground to stand on. youre out of your league on this one and now you are just making yourself look like a shnook. take my advice as I gave it before, sit this one out and let the big boys take this one

SCHOOL IS IN SESSION johnny, your becoming as easy a target as max

GOODen/ Boggs your wrong, as i stated they were solid citizens as yankees,(go back and read the post ) ...and they were solid citizens...... AS YANKEES

you proved nothing except the fact you dont know what your talkin about. And just like to throw things out there that have no merit or are factually wrong...

"Spewing bullshit" i never heard that expression used , as a reference to spending money ...must be a beantown thinig :rolleyes: nice try to worm out of it though after you were questioned on what you meant by "Spewing Bullshit" even Jtk doesnt know what the fuck your jibberjabering about

Try to follow along here....You were wrong about the schilling thing , when you once again wrote false statements about me and what i said ,and the very next post you had to retract it ...and of course had to throw in fag and shit like that , since that is about all you can muster up in a debate

which brings us to the last point of the Varitek and how he couldnt take off his face mask and mitt before throwing the first punch(that shows a lot of courage) and Again i have to remind you because i think you missed it the last 3 times i wrote it VARITEK missed the next game because he got hurt in the fight not A-rod

and if you are one of the "big boys" that you keep referring too...god help this board..

SCHOOL IS IN SESSION johnny, your becoming as easy a target as max

GOODen/ Boggs your wrong, as i stated they were solid citizens as yankees,(go back and read the post ) ...and they were solid citizens...... AS YANKEES

you proved nothing except the fact you dont know what your talkin about. And just like to throw things out there that have no merit or are factually wrong...

"Spewing bullshit" i never heard that expression used , as a reference to spending money ...must be a beantown thinig :rolleyes: nice try to worm out of it though after you were questioned on what you meant by "Spewing Bullshit" even Jtk doesnt know what the fuck your jibberjabering about

Try to follow along here....You were wrong about the schilling thing , when you once again wrote false statements about me and what i said ,and the very next post you had to retract it ...and of course had to throw in fag and shit like that , since that is about all you can muster up in a debate

which brings us to the last point of the Varitek and how he couldnt take off his face mask and mitt before throwing the first punch(that shows a lot of courage) and Again i have to remind you because i think you missed it the last 3 times i wrote it VARITEK missed the next game because he got hurt in the fight not A-rod

and if you are one of the "big boys" that you keep referring too...god help this board..

goddamn it....I have to condescend yet again so I can convey my statement to you. wait, I said convey, that might be too complicated a word.....I'm going to tell you what is what (that better?) lmao

Gooden and Boggs were ex-cons when the Yankees took them, as I stated

solid citizens????? lmao lmao lmao lmao

Daryl Strawberry - Gets caught picking up a cop dressed as a transvestite while posessing coke

Doc Gooden - Couldnt lay off the powder

Jason Giambi - in the middle of the Balco scandal

Wade Boggs - Domestic Abuse

lmao

shall I keep going?

your friend from your after school program originally stated "Tickets to Game 7".....in fact, I'll let you read it again just to prove it

ALCS Game 7 Yankees vs. Sox tickets: too damn much.

4 beers at Yankee stadium: $32

Fitted Yankees hat: $40

Aaron Fucking Boone: Priceless!

Seeing Schilling cry in the dugout: Priceless!

Arguing with Red Sox fans every season: Priceless!

to me it looks like he's talking about game 7 of the ALCS....oh yeah, IT SAYS IT IN THE VERY FIRST STATEMENT!!! Now, even you admitted that Schilling was on the Diamondbacks last year so your continued pressing of this issues makes you look ever more retarded.

as for my comment of the Yankees and the bullshit they spew....you're reaching kid. try again with something not quite so lame

honestly, you're making yourself more and more like a damn fool every time you try defending yourself. since "schools in session", try taking notes before you step out on the playground and get spanked again

goddamn it....I have to condescend yet again so I can convey my statement to you. wait, I said convey, that might be too complicated a word.....I'm going to tell you what is what (that better?) lmao

Gooden and Boggs were ex-cons when the Yankees took them, as I stated

your friend from your after school program originally stated "Tickets to Game 7".....in fact, I'll let you read it again just to prove it

to me it looks like he's talking about game 7 of the ALCS....oh yeah, IT SAYS IT IN THE VERY FIRST STATEMENT!!! Now, even you admitted that Schilling was on the Diamondbacks last year so your continued pressing of this issues makes you look ever more retarded.

as for my comment of the Yankees and the bullshit they spew....you're reaching kid. try again with something not quite so lame

honestly, you're making yourself more and more like a damn fool every time you try defending yourself. since "schools in session", try taking notes before you step out on the playground and get spanked again

read the following slowly ...it might sink in

first off read yourr comment you didnt start off by saying the yankees took them as ex-cons your implications were that it happened when they were yankees and even if you try to deny thats what you meant (gooden couldnt lay off the powder/giambi in the niddle of balco ..means to me as a yankee) it wouldnt matter cause i specifically stated AS YANKEES THEY were solid citizens i

I stated in the original post that the Yankees were a class act orginization and have been nothing but solid citizens since they started this run 10 yrs ago.

...which i will say it for you again ,those players have been solid citizens AS YANKEES!!!! ...

marco nj makes a mistake , you call him out on it , the very next post i write

" Schilling was crying like alittle girl when the yanks beat him this year"

then you write

"just goes to prove my theory of the moronic ramblings of the average Yankees fan and you stepping in to support doesnt exactly make you look like Peter Gammons"

which goes to show you dont read the posts johnny boy SHOW ME WHERE I SADI HE PLAYED FOR THE D-BACKS ....still looking???

I CLEARLY WROTE "THIS YEAR" AND MENTIONED NOTHING ABOUT ARIZONA

you even had to retrract that comment you realized you were WRONG...what happened you forgot about that????

well here it is

"easy sparky....I didnt mean to get your panties in a tissy. I retract my statement, you look like peter gammons"

priceless ...you start diggin for quotes and your burying yourself.... LOL

THat one was wayyy to easy .....thanks

let see now onto "spewing bullshit" JTK had no idea wtf your talkin bout either, so im not the only one

i think you just threw that expression out and had no fuckin clue how to back it up or explain it so you went with this

"for these reasons they are an easy team to hate and the bullshit they spew is the separation between the haves and have nots in professional sports that should never occur. I know they are playing by the rules and there is nothing technically wrong with what they are doing, but the rules are bullshit. thats why people love to hate the Yankees." ...HOW DOES SPENDING ALOT OF MONEY = SPEWING BULLSHIT??

this is getting tiresome

read the following slowly ...it might sink in

first off read yourr comment you didnt start off by saying the yankees took them as ex-cons your implications were that it happened when they were yankees and even if you try to deny thats what you meant (gooden couldnt lay off the powder/giambi in the niddle of balco ..means to me as a yankee) it wouldnt matter cause i specifically stated AS YANKEES THEY were solid citizens i

I stated in the original post that the Yankees were a class act orginization and have been nothing but solid citizens since they started this run 10 yrs ago.

...which i will say it for you again ,those players have been solid citizens AS YANKEES!!!! ...

I was saying they got a bunch of rejects in a retort against the statement that said they were solid citizens....I proved my point and you kept saying they were solid as Yankees. Well, terrific, but thats not what I said. Comparing an apple to an orange doesnt mean its an apple

marco nj makes a mistake , you call him out on it , the very next post i write

" Schilling was crying like alittle girl when the yanks beat him this year"

then you write

"just goes to prove my theory of the moronic ramblings of the average Yankees fan and you stepping in to support doesnt exactly make you look like Peter Gammons"

which goes to show you dont read the posts johnny boy SHOW ME WHERE I SADI HE PLAYED FOR THE D-BACKS ....still looking???

I CLEARLY WROTE "THIS YEAR" AND MENTIONED NOTHING ABOUT ARIZONA

you even had to retrract that comment you realized you were WRONG...what happened you forgot about that????

well here it is

"easy sparky....I didnt mean to get your panties in a tissy. I retract my statement, you look like peter gammons

priceless ...you start diggin for quotes and your burying yourself.... LOL

THat one was wayyy to easy .....thanks

this is getting nauseating as well....

again....you come back and compare an apple to an orange. your boy fucks up and you go on a say "oh yeah, well he was crying this year" congrats on getting your facts strait, but once again you are covering up for a complete fuck up

let see now onto "spewing bullshit" JTK had no idea wtf your talkin bout either, so im not the only one

i think you just threw that expression out and had no fuckin clue how to back it up or explain it so you went with this

"for these reasons they are an easy team to hate and the bullshit they spew is the separation between the haves and have nots in professional sports that should never occur. I know they are playing by the rules and there is nothing technically wrong with what they are doing, but the rules are bullshit. thats why people love to hate the Yankees." ...HOW DOES SPENDING ALOT OF MONEY = SPEWING BULLSHIT??

its an expression....I explained myself....everyone understood....why cant you?

keep digging your hole and eventually it'll turn into a grave

this is getting tiresome

I was saying they got a bunch of rejects in a retort against the statement that said they were solid citizens....I proved my point and you kept saying they were solid as Yankees. Well, terrific, but thats not what I said. Comparing an apple to an orange doesnt mean its an apple

this is getting nauseating as well....

again....you come back and compare an apple to an orange. your boy fucks up and you go on a say "oh yeah, well he was crying this year" congrats on getting your facts strait, but once again you are covering up for a complete fuck up

its an expression....I explained myself....everyone understood....why cant you?

keep digging your hole and eventually it'll turn into a grave

you are pathetic

so now its apples and oranges....great backpedaling

once again your original comments were made to say those things you were calling them out on happed as yanks

you just said a few posts ago that I Said he was on the diamondbacks, then i showed you where you had to retract a statement , cause you were dead wrong about it LAST WEEK and then continued to say i was wrong today!!!

yeah congrats to me on getting my facts straight

cant say the same for you!!!

Bullshit spewing ...sorry but JTK , Kfitz and im sure others on board are hacving a hard time buying that one

expressions ...are things that people have heard of before ...and yeh i thin k i have used that one on these boards but in refernce to the lies and crap people like you and mag mazx post spewing bullshit does not mean spending money.......bwahhahahh

well its good to be back in the race, atleast on paper. The problem is that the yanks schedule is super soft down the stretch so actually catching them will take us playing great ball of epic proportions.

Lets concentrate on that not if gooden was doing drugs as a yankee(he was maybe he didn't get caught but you know he was) or boggs was not smacking bitches, or giambi was not using roids(no comment). Who cares?

About the red sox and yankees being buffet and gates, we are not in the same neighborhood. The sox and dodgers or angels are in the same area, the yanks are not.

My thoughts:

jeter is a fag :) , I like players who cry when they lose, arod can't hit with players on base, i think the sox got the better deal with the nomahh trade, I can"t believe you traded cotreras for loiza, at this point i would rather have the moose from rocky and bullwinkle pitching then the "moose" (what is wrong with him?), but el dookie looks good for a 50 year old i wish the sox maybe gave him the extra money he wanted, and i do not want to jinx anybody but mendoza looks like he is back

you are pathetic

so now its apples and oranges....great backpedaling

once again your original comments were made to say those things you were calling them out on happed as yanks

you just said a few posts ago that I Said he was on the diamondbacks, then i showed you where you had to retract a statement , cause you were dead wrong about it LAST WEEK and then continued to say i was wrong today!!!

yeah congrats to me on getting my facts straight

cant say the same for you!!!

Bullshit spewing ...sorry but JTK , Kfitz and im sure others on board are hacving a hard time buying that one

expressions ...are things that people have heard of before ...and yeh i thin k i have used that one on these boards but in refernce to the lies and crap people like you and mag mazx post spewing bullshit does not mean spending money.......bwahhahahh

twisting shit around again

**shakes head**

so sad

not even gonna try to explain myself because arguing with you is like trying to tell a child santa isnt real

i'm done with you on this thread

Of course Gooden and Strawberry loved the blow..... Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Its easy to say how the hell can you trade Contreras for Loaiza now. But the fact is every baseball fan knows that Contreras was not able to pitch for the Yankees consitantly. If he wasn't traded he would be in the same boat as Loaiza is in now. So this is one of those cases where you're damned if you do and your damned if you don't. But whats done is done and now we gotta hope he does ok in the bullpen.

Oh and its too early to use the you have an easier schedule excuse.....at least wait till you guys actually come up short.

About the red sox and yankees being buffet and gates, we are not in the same neighborhood. The sox and dodgers or angels are in the same area, the yanks are not.

Just like Buffett isn't on the same level money-wise as Gates...

My point in saying that is that there are about 25 other MLB teams that don't have much pity for the Sox complaining about the Yanks payroll because theirs isn't even on the same level as yours...

twisting shit around again

**shakes head**

so sad

not even gonna try to explain myself because arguing with you is like trying to tell a child santa isnt real

i'm done with you on this thread

fuckin please your done because you are done , you have nothingr on this thread and you know it

from outright putting words in my mouth , apologizing for it ,then a week later forgetting about it and then bringing it up again ....Good one.... backpedaling doesnt really help ya when its all there in print and peeps can check it for thenmselves

it is a good thing your done with this thread , cause i dont think you would have even an ounce of credibilty left if you kept going

and to the sports topics at hand

Yeh the Sox have been playing unreal ball lately , Yanks had one bad week and they were able to capitalize on it ...good for them ...sucks for the yanks that they cant just rest guys now as the pressure is back on

But it all comes down to the next 3 sereis i believe

Sox have been beating up on the weker teams this run , now have ANaheim/texas and Oakland coming up...and we got the Rays /and orioles

If the lead gets back up to 7or so i dont think those 6 games left will between the 2 teams will decide it . cause i cant see the sox sweepin 6 more from the yanks

Its easy to say how the hell can you trade Contreras for Loaiza now. But the fact is every baseball fan knows that Contreras was not able to pitch for the Yankees consitantly. If he wasn't traded he would be in the same boat as Loaiza is in now. So this is one of those cases where you're damned if you do and your damned if you don't. But whats done is done and now we gotta hope he does ok in the bullpen.

Oh and its too early to use the you have an easier schedule excuse.....at least wait till you guys actually come up short.

the way i figure it with contreras, he might not pitch well against us but he good against other teams. Loiza is just bad against everyone. Contreras did do a pretty good job in the playoffs last year in relief, if you recall. So i think you would of gained more pitching him vs the rest of the league then move him into the bullpen for the playoffs.

It is not too early to say you have a cake schedule the rest of the way we know who is good and who isn't. The yanks have 19 of the next 22 against either baltimore, toronto, or KC 16 at home. Yeah that is what you call a cake schedule, kinda like what the sox had the past 3 weeks.

"My point in saying that is that there are about 25 other MLB teams that don't have much pity for the Sox complaining about the Yanks payroll because theirs isn't even on the same level as yours..."

I understand that, but we do have teams around, within 25 million, us. The yanks closest is still 65 million away. Then the closest after that is almost 100 million away. That is the difference. We are different from most teams but we are not the same level as the yanks, that is all i am saying.

the way i figure it with contreras, he might not pitch well against us but he good against other teams. Loiza is just bad against everyone. Contreras did do a pretty good job in the playoffs last year in relief, if you recall. So i think you would of gained more pitching him vs the rest of the league then move him into the bullpen for the playoffs.

It is not too early to say you have a cake schedule the rest of the way we know who is good and who isn't. The yanks have 19 of the next 22 against either baltimore, toronto, or KC 16 at home. Yeah that is what you call a cake schedule, kinda like what the sox had the past 3 weeks.

"My point in saying that is that there are about 25 other MLB teams that don't have much pity for the Sox complaining about the Yanks payroll because theirs isn't even on the same level as yours..."

I understand that, but we do have teams around, within 25 million, us. The yanks closest is still 65 million away. Then the closest after that is almost 100 million away. That is the difference. We are different from most teams but we are not the same level as the yanks, that is all i am saying.

contreras was 50/50 last yr when he went to the pen...drove us friggin crazy

good then bad , but worse was the game 6 vs sox , we should have had it locked up that night

Loaiza will probabaly see some time in the pen and might show some flashes that way as he seems to be ok the first time thru the order , but then hitters are feasting on him 2nd time thru

And your point is?

And your point is?

bro you make no sense. Originally I said that it would take a lot to catch the yanks for the pennent, although it makes the games that we have left fun, because of the easy schedule the yanks have. Then you said it too early to tell if it is an easy schedule, which made no sense at this point in the season. Then i explained why the schedule was easy, now you ask what my point is.

My point is it would take a lot to catch the yanks for the pennent because of the yanks schedule compared to the sox down the stetch.

I know its monday but try to keep up. :)

My point is it would take a lot to catch the yanks for the pennent because of the yanks schedule compared to the sox down the stetch.

Bingo! Just the answer I was looking for. I'm glad to see you finally came to grips with reality. Just another typical premature excuse from a Sawx fan. Thanks for playing.