Clubplanet Nightlife Community

attn: computer geeks.....again.....

phatman

....should i jump on this?.......a customer came in selling his Dell laptop......his job is buying him a new sony....

Dell Inspiron 1150

(four months old)

p4 2.6ghz

upgraded to 15" monitor w/ higher res

30gb hard drive

dvdr combo drive

256mb dram

....he is throwing in the carrying case, extra fan that sits below laptop, and a wireless networking card from linksys.......and he may give me ftp access for divx files on the sneak tip.......

$800

...that's what he owes Dell and I would inherit the remaining 8 months on the warranty.....

....should i jump on this?.......a customer came in selling his Dell laptop......his job is buying him a new sony....

Dell Inspiron 1150

(four months old)

p4 2.6ghz

30gb hard drive

dvdr combo drive

256mb dram

....he is throwing in the carrying case, extra fan that sits below laptop, and a wireless networking card from linksys.......and he may give me ftp access for divx files on the sneak tip.......

$800

...that's what he owes Dell and I would inherit the remaining 8 months on the warranty.....

sounds good to me...have u seen it? make sure everything works...

...cool.........i was thinking of getting a new tower next month but maybe it's time to go mobile.........lol.........he had it running before and everything looked perfect......

i'm thinking the same thing.....I have 2 towers at home but really need an upgrade.....

the mobile deal looks good......I'm still searching..

Dell Inspiron 1150

(four months old)

p4 2.6ghz

30gb hard drive

dvdr combo drive

256mb dram

im basing it on these specs.

- you could get a better laptop from Dell, NEW, with a 1-2 yr warranty for about this price (maybe $100 more). example--> http://www.slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31264&highlight=600m (from a deal site...the deal is now expired)...just got to be on the lookout

-p4's in laptops suck. they get too hot, kill the battery, and just end slowing down the machine. drains way too much juice. its all about centrino. Look for Intel Pentium M not P4-M...there is a significant difference)

-this laptop is heavy and bulky, centrino's are 3-4 lbs lighter.

-the 30GB/dvdr/256mb ram is standard in any purchase at this point, so nothing to be happy about there.

-if you are not in a hurry id say WAIT...if u like DELL look for deals on the 600m (slimmer, lighter, and has centrino technology)

-if you want better quality go IBM or Toshiba - more expensive though

let me know if u find something...magilicuti got me hooked on that deals site, luckily, so i get to see ALOT of deals...and also realize how much they can inflate laptop prices and still get mucho buyers

hell, i can even let u know if i see something worthy...

p.s. the deals are not constant, they just pop up for a few days...

...seriously........if i'm just using this as a secondary computer in the house to work on, watch movies, post, etc.......and then occasionally when i travel every couple of months, i cant see this as a bad investment.........it's not like i'll be on it everyday for work...........

i see it as one just because for the same $$$, you could get something better and new.

....i dont think so but i'll verify that before i throw down.....i already checked dell.com and that's not the case.......i'll check your link and other sites later....

...seriously........if i'm just using this as a secondary computer in the house to work on, watch movies, post, etc.......and then occasionally when i travel every couple of months, i cant see this as a bad investment.........it's not like i'll be on it everyday for work...........

it sounds good to me...but check out iamme's site as well...do some homework before jumping and then u will have ur mind set on what u want...