Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cafeteria - Wednesday Night

patois

Had never been there before.....was bored and looking for something to do. It was very late in the game when Danny Boy suggested that I check this place out, telling me that the music was good there, and that, among others, Shawn Rudnick would be spinning there tonight.

So I finally got down there at midnight. The lounge is stashed at the back of the restaurant which fronts on Lincoln Road. The atmosphere was relaxed and inviting. White puffy pillows that looked like enormous Portugese rolls were scattered around the floor as seats. The room is basic, with few embellishments except for window-like mirrors that continue down the hall back to the restaurant, and little enclaves for VIP tables.

CrazyC, Macboy, Pod, Rcrespo, Beatfriek, and others (whose names I have forgot - begging your pardon) were gathered near the DJ booth. Though the majority of the bargoers just hung out and talked, there was a bit of a dance floor going also. This picked up with tried-and-true '80s and early

'90s dance classics. Then Fat Joe's "Lean Back" came on...for the first time I got to try out the actual leaning back dance that goes along with it - I think that was my higlight of the night....:)