paul allen's yacht...

fkornre

Net Worth: $21 bil

Country of citizenship: United States

Residence: Mercer Island, WA, United States

Industry: Software

Marital Status: single

Washington State University, Drop Out

Microsoft cofounder's "wired world" vision not looking visionary just yet. At Vulcan Ventures, his private investment vehicle, recently replaced longtime head William Savoy with younger sister Jody Patton. Also unloaded big stake in RCN at a big loss. Still has plenty of room for risk thanks to $5 billion Microsoft stake. Increased stake in cable company Charter Communications despite indictment of four former senior execs for inflating results; dumped big investment in drug company Vaxgen, maker of failed AIDS vaccine. Dozens of other technology projects not quite ready for prime time. Perhaps better luck in bricks and mortar. Plans to develop 50-acre "bioscience hub" in Seattle with commercial, residential space; Merck already signed on as tenant. Other projects: science fiction museum alongside his Experience Music Project in Seattle. Among the collection: the original captain's chair from Star Trek television show. Collector of vintage military airplanes, including WWII-era Spitfire, Zero. Joined Bill Gates in 1975 to start Microsoft, left in 1983 to fight Hodgkin's disease. Slow but steady seller of big Microsoft stake ever since

been watching VH1 lately? :shaky:

that is ridiculous. what a waste of money :ghey:

lol...yea...i saw it this weekend...simply amazing how ppl spend their money...what he spends on gas for that i probably wont ever be able to afford a house with...

Net Worth: $21 bil

Country of citizenship: United States

Residence: Mercer Island, WA, United States

Industry: Software

Marital Status: single

Washington State University, Drop Out

Microsoft cofounder's "wired world" vision not looking visionary just yet. At Vulcan Ventures, his private investment vehicle, recently replaced longtime head William Savoy with younger sister Jody Patton. Also unloaded big stake in RCN at a big loss. Still has plenty of room for risk thanks to $5 billion Microsoft stake. Increased stake in cable company Charter Communications despite indictment of four former senior execs for inflating results; dumped big investment in drug company Vaxgen, maker of failed AIDS vaccine. Dozens of other technology projects not quite ready for prime time. Perhaps better luck in bricks and mortar. Plans to develop 50-acre "bioscience hub" in Seattle with commercial, residential space; Merck already signed on as tenant. Other projects: science fiction museum alongside his Experience Music Project in Seattle. Among the collection: the original captain's chair from Star Trek television show. Collector of vintage military airplanes, including WWII-era Spitfire, Zero. Joined Bill Gates in 1975 to start Microsoft, left in 1983 to fight Hodgkin's disease. Slow but steady seller of big Microsoft stake ever since

thanx funk...

lol...yea...i saw it this weekend...simply amazing how ppl spend their money...what he spends on gas for that i probably wont ever be able to afford a house with...

thanx funk...

I saw it too - I was amazed at the guy you build himself his own japanese country, the estimate of this was $100 mil and his net worth is in the billions also