Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Closing Party...big Wig Is Closing It's Doors!

xesschicago

saturday, september 4th, 2004

x'ess entertainment, chicagogroove.com & bigwig nightclub present...

THE CLOSING PARTY!

"Big Wig has long been an institution in Chicago, but it's time to say good-bye. After 7 years of bringing you the hottest DJs in the Chicagoland area, it's time for Big Wig to close its doors."

featuring....

DIZ

If life is about "being in the right place at the right time," then Diz’s timing could not have been better. Born and raised in Chicago, the original epicenter of the House Music universe, Diz’s adolescence coincided with the beginnings of that city’s legendary scene. He was 14 when his older brother took him to The Music Box in 1985. That night, the course of his life was altered when he witnessed the potential of music: to control emotions and lead people on a collective journey. He’s been striving to do just that ever since, and in the process has become a faithful participant in the music, the culture, and the times.

JUSTIN LONG

Justin Long has the Chicago vibe running through his veins. He started his young DJing career at the age of 15 and in the past 13 years Justin has accomplished more than most could even imagine in the house music industry. As a DJ his sets are electric ranging from thick tech-house to a deeper soulful sound; all performed with an energy behind the turntables that in itself is Justin Long.As one of the founding residents on q101 Sonic Boom fm with his thumping Saturday night radio show with 71,000 listeners. As a producer he has recorded for and with many of the top labels and producers. Labels such as G Swing, Greens Keepers, Igloo, Peaches and Music For Freaks have sought his music. Some of his most prolific productions have come form his collaborations with Dan X under the moniker of No Assembly Required. This powerful duo has turned heads as far away as Asia and Europe.

DAYHOTA

DJ Dayhota (Shannon Lalongo) began her career spinning at the infamous 2418 North Ave. parties in Chicago’s artsy Wicker Park/Bucktown community in 1995. Through this outlet, she was able to cut her teeth in front of the city’s elite while showcasing her energetic style.

During the same period, Dayhota came in contact with Colette, and the two, along with Heather and Lady D, formed the first all-female DJ collective SuperJane. Feeling that there were no real opportunities for female DJ’s in the industry at the time, the women took it upon themselves to create those needed opportunities so that other women could soon follow. Their impression on the House Music industry can only be described as tremendous both in Chicago and abroad.

LADY D

There is nothing this DJ/Producer/Mother and now record label Founder and C.O.O can't do. Also a founding member of the world famous DJ team, SuperJane, Lady D has traveled the world spreading the gospel of house. Her amazing record selection and surgeon-like skills behind the decks make her a crowd favorite, and one of the most sought after DJ's in the business. As Chicago's first lady of House, Lady D has been rocking clubs from Milwaukee to Moscow since 1995. Her style of past, present and future house® offers something for heads and new jacks alike. Influenced by legends and encouraged by veterans in the scene, Lady D works the tables with knowledge and experience. Creatively and skillfully blending House, Techno, Latin, Disco, Electro and more, Lady D feels it so you feel it. From her successful mixed CD "Naked Kaleidoscope" (AfterHours) Lady D became a household name domestically and abroad. Lady D is a female phenom who DJ’s produces, vocalizes and proudly launches her own music company, D’lectable Music.

FRANK SOLANO

Househead since day one. Frank may be new to the scene, but not new to the sound. Growing up listening to house music, and watching it evolve to what it is today. He is still in the game spreading the word! Gotta Have House!

DAVID O

i have always had much love for chicago, which leads to our site chicagogroove.com and the start of david.o...What can i say. i love to play HOUSE music. from this love i have confined myself to one rule...if it is not fun, do not involve yourself in it. my style is 90's; with the long blends, tracks with deep basslines and soulful vocals. i have always prided myself in playing records that are not a sign of the time, rather a sign of my feelings. i have been influenced by great chicago talent from the likes of derrick carter, diz, andre harris, mark grant, rick garcia, lego, and many other locals. i have also been lucky enough to play with all of these djs and have learned, and continue to learn. thank you all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest list rules:

$5 ALL NIGHT!!

GuestList Available at:

www.xessentertainment.com

Big Wig Nightclub

1551 W. Division

Chicago, IL

21+ ID Required

• 1 month later...