Clubplanet Nightlife Community

review of digweed at the mayan - 9/1/04

weyes

last night i went with friends and to meet friends, and i ran into friends at the mayan, to see digweed. i was disappointed in digweed, but the evening was a blast :hoparound !!!

[writer's note: i just wrote a full review and this damn thing erased it :cuss: ]

neither i nor the crowd found digweed as dancable as the opening dj, desyn masiello. he played a mix of banging house and i-don't-know-what, including some vocal classics; i don't know when i last heard "music is the answer," but hearing it again reminded me that it certainly is. he had everyone asking, "who is this guy?" it turns out that he has a cd coming out on the 14th, and i have a feeling that most of the people out last night'll be checking it out.

although i barely danced, we stayed till the end. the night was a disappointment as far as my feet were concerned, but there's just something different about digweed nights. there's a vibe there that no other dj brings. even when digweed's set isn't on, the night's a blast. so today, my roomie and i have pledged to never miss digweed. hope to see you there next time!

i'll put up pics as soon as i get my comp back up and running :D !

well, these pics aren't so great; i'm not photogenic at all. the fact that i always make silly faces doesn't help, either... but here are pictures of me, the first with my best friend/roomie, and the second with another friend of mine. both post here every great once in a long while. hmmm - they both look better than i do here... well, the point is that you can tell we had fun :D !

47b4d725b3127cceb5845ce4e8db0000001610

47b4d725b3127cceb5845c05690a0000001610