Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Brazil review (9/4) - Deep Dish, Razor, Rob James

All I can really muster at this point is: WOW!

Still hungover, big time. I can't even believe I'm up right now. My head is THROBBING.

Let's see:

Cover fee was a bit high, but the price was well worth it. As soon as I walked in there, around midnight, Razor was dropping some wicked house, and had the floor bouncing around with nothing but energy. Place filled up nicely, and the turnout wound up being great - not too packed to the point where you couldn't move around, but a very strong, energetic crowd. I started getting open as soon as I got in. I Couldn't help it - the beats were just just getting crazier, moving right through me, and my feet had to respond. The crowd was really absorbing everything that was being dropped last night, and everyone was just dancing their fuckin asses off.

Deep Dish eventually came on and ROCKED the fuckin place for hours, dropping some of the nastiest tracks. They were having an awesome time feeding off the vibe from the crowd, and that was obvious in the way they spun. I did more shots, got done-the-fuck up, hit the floor again, and continued to get open to the point where I thought I was going pass out. I mean it when I say the music was just SUPERB and unstoppable all night long. Beautiful, consistent track selection from EVERYBODY who stepped in the booth.

Razor graced the booth once again, and got fuckin dirty. I've said it before, and I'll say it again - Razor is one of the most skilled, talented djs in NY, and last night he reminded us all exactly how open he can get when he really wants to.

Rob James took over in the late morning hours and just THRASHED the fuckin place. I always know when Rob gets in the booth, because the entire club starts quaking with bass like it hadn't at any previous moment during the night. I won't go on ad nauseum about how great he was, but let's just say he brought it just as beautifully and wickedly as I thought he would (as he always does). Track selection just kept building and building, and was nothing but pure wickedness. Soul-wrenching house music at its purest.

Last night was probably the only party this year where I can say EVERYTHING was just perfect. Ever since I started my clubbing experiences, I've enjoyed so many greater nights out here on the Island - in the Hamptons - than I have in the City. We have so many talented djs out here on the Island, and they really made us look good last night with the musical treat they all gave us. At those moments when you think Long Island is devoid of anything real, these guys come along and remind us that that's simply not the case.

Razor & Rob, I don't care what anyone says - you guys can't be fucked with on the one and two's, and I will always respect what you guys have done for L.I., NYC, and the overall scene here in New York. Thank you for giving us a REAL party last night. We've all been craving for something like this all summer, and last night, we finally got it.

I was glad to see nothing but familiar faces around last night - good people around me with good vibes, just sharing a great experience, and showing love for a great party. MattM20, glad to see you that you enjoyed last night for what it was. As always, your presence there made the night all the more chill. Rob, Razor, Matt, Ozzy, K.C., Joe, Lynn, Mike Finesse, and everyone else we vibed with - glad you all enjoyed yourselves.

Again, a big thank you to Deep Dish for putting this party together, and thank you to all of our L.I. veterans who put it down so nicely in the booth last night. You guys never cease to amaze me. Last night was truly reminiscent of some of the greatest nights I've ever had out here on the Island, and it's hard to re-create that type of vibe, especially in light of how the scene is at this moment.

A purely perfect way to bring an end to the summer. :)