Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How was your Labor Day Weekend?

sinrider

burning man
how much was it? i heard it cost some ridiculous amount. and how long did you stay? did you camp out? tell us all about it :D !

my roommate nearly gave me a heart attack this weekend :shake: ! we had plans on saturday night, but when i got home from work he wasn't there. he hadn't left a note (he always leaves notes), so i called him on his cell. i got his voicemail. i waited around the house for a few hours and even got a call from another friend who wanted to hang out; i told that friend that i already had plans to go to the fair in orange with my roomie. when i went to bed at 2am, i still hadn't heard from him.

he's such a responsible guy, generally, and he still hadn't called me back by 2pm on sunday afternoon, when i called him again. he had drunk a 1.75 liter bottle of vodka in ONE DAY on saturday and had a car for the week and i knew he was distraught about missing the car's owner for the week... by then i was worried that maybe he had been in an accident. the car's owner is in new orleans and my roomie obsessively talks to him all the time (even when he's on vacation) so i got a hold of him, and he told me that my roomie was at the fair right then with someone else.

i was relieved, of course, but when my roomie came home, he didn't understand why i had been worried and why i was annoyed. it's not like he has to answer to me all the time as his roommate, but we had made plans. he should've called me to say he wanted to reschedule, or something. and it was scary because it wasn't normal behavior for him. he didn't apologize for any of it. yeah, yeah, apologies don't fix things, but at least they show an effort. i had been worried sick :worry: .

anyway, i went to a barbeque the next day with some other friends; that was fun. everything else is back to normal.

i bought my ticket from a friend. she purchased her tickets early so they were $170. tickets were $250 until the event started and then they went up to $350 (ouch). next year buy your tickets early (www.burningman.com), but go for sure.

yes i did camp out. the weather was perfect. it never got over about 90 or so during the day and never below about 55 or so at night. the winds were mellow while i was there. i've heard lots of horror stories about 100 plus days and freezing nights, dust storms, rain storms, etc. the people are fantastic, the art is amazing, watching the man burn on sat night and the temple burn on sun night is beyond words. there are many soundsystems, ranging from small camp set ups and art car set ups to huge camps that rival any club or rave that you've ever been to. mostly you hear breaks, progressive, trance, some drum and bass, and of course my personal favorite house. there are also jam bands playing.

let me know if you want more info, i could go on and on.

just go. you'll be glad you did.

i bought my ticket from a friend. she purchased her tickets early so they were $170. tickets were $250 until the event started and then they went up to $350 (ouch). next year buy your tickets early (www.burningman.com), but go for sure.

yes i did camp out. the weather was perfect. it never got over about 90 or so during the day and never below about 55 or so at night. the winds were mellow while i was there. i've heard lots of horror stories about 100 plus days and freezing nights, dust storms, rain storms, etc. the people are fantastic, the art is amazing, watching the man burn on sat night and the temple burn on sun night is beyond words. there are many soundsystems, ranging from small camp set ups and art car set ups to huge camps that rival any club or rave that you've ever been to. mostly you hear breaks, progressive, trance, some drum and bass, and of course my personal favorite house. there are also jam bands playing.

let me know if you want more info, i could go on and on.

just go. you'll be glad you did.

Great post. I had about 1/2 dozen friends taht were gonna go but we got all messed up in our scheduling cuz of other commitments. Next year though.