Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Using Fear Tactics to Gain an Election Win!

sobeton

Cheney ties election result to chance of terror attack

By Jill Lawrence and Richard Benedetto, USA TODAY

The presidential campaign spiked to a new level of rhetorical heat Tuesday when Vice President Cheney warned that a vote for Democrat John Kerry could bring terrorist attacks on the USA.

Vice President Dick Cheney, accompanied by his wife Lynne, left, addresses a town hall meeting in Manchester, N.H.

By Jim Cole, AP

Speaking to supporters in Des Moines, Cheney called it "absolutely essential" that on Election Day voters "make the right choice. Because if we make the wrong choice, then the danger is that we'll get hit again, and we'll be hit in a way that will be devastating."

Cheney's remarks overshadowed accusatory exchanges by Kerry and President Bush over Iraq and drew a response from North Carolina Sen. John Edwards, Kerry's running mate.

"Dick Cheney's scare tactics crossed the line today," he said. Protecting America from "vicious terrorists" is not a partisan issue, and Cheney and Bush ought to know that, Edwards said.

Cheney said the nation under a Kerry presidency could "fall back into a pre-9/11 mind-set," which he described as viewing terrorist attacks as "just criminal acts" and the nation as "not really at war."

Kerry, a fourth-term Massachusetts senator, Vietnam combat veteran and former prosecutor, often says America is at war and maintains he could fight a more effective war on terrorism than Bush. Today he planned to spotlight what he calls Bush's wrong decisions on Iraq with a speech at the Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal, the same place Bush made the case for war in October 2002.

At the time, Bush argued that Saddam Hussein had to be ousted because he was "harboring terrorists" and possessed weapons of mass destruction. Such weapons have not been found. The bipartisan 9/11 Commission found no cooperative relationship between Saddam and al-Qaeda.

"The truth is, there are terrorists there that were not there before we went in" to Iraq, Kerry said Tuesday at a town meeting in Greensboro, N.C. But Bush, campaigning in Lee's Summit, Mo., said that "we were right to make America safer by removing Saddam Hussein from power."

Even as Bush and Kerry visit battleground states and express concern about voters without jobs or health care, the Iraq war remains at the forefront. Voters ask about it, and the candidates use it against each other: Bush to cast doubt on Kerry's consistency, Kerry to cast doubt on Bush's judgment.

In Lee's Summit, the president drew chuckles from a crowd of 5,000 when he said that Kerry "woke up yesterday morning with yet another new position, and this one is not even his own. It is that of his onetime rival Howard Dean."

The president said Kerry "even used the same words Howard Dean used back when he supposedly disagreed with him." Bush said invading Iraq was the right thing to do "no matter how many times Sen. Kerry flip-flops."

Kerry said this week that Iraq is "the wrong war in the wrong place at the wrong time." Dean made a similar remark in February 2003, a month before the invasion.

In May 2003, Kerry was asked whether it was the right move at the right time. "I would have preferred if we had given diplomacy a greater opportunity, but I think it was the right decision to disarm Saddam Hussein," he said, reflecting the belief at the time that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction.

Kerry voted to authorize the war in 2002 but urged Bush to proceed slowly and give diplomacy a chance to work. On Tuesday he claimed that Bush's wrong decisions at every step have cost American lives and, so far, $200 billion. "He chose the date of the start of this war," Kerry told several hundred fans at the Greensboro town meeting. "And he chose for America to go it alone. And today all of America is paying this price."

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The truth is that we are safer with President Bush in the White House. He has the stomach to deal with issues head on. Kerry is nothing more than a poll watcher. Whatever seems popular is what he will do. That isnt the way leaders work. Kerry is nothing more than an insignificant figure in American politics who has fallen into the nomination. His meaningless career will continue after the November elections shows him what America thinks of him and that parasite lawyer running mate of his. How can you people get behind this ticket?

I can understand supporting Clinton, and even Gore(he had yet to expose himself as the total whackjob he is prior to that elections) but Kerry??? Are you voting for him or just against President Bush?

And those that can't or won't vote have no pull in what they say.

:)

They will continue to use our/my Country to their benifit for some reason.

?????

Good day,

:lol3::lol3: ..Your country ???? ....how much you pay for mortgage ?

SUPER CITIZEN OF cuban blood STRIKES AGAIN !!!! lol

Cheney ties election result to chance of terror attack

By Jill Lawrence and Richard Benedetto, USA TODAY

The presidential campaign spiked to a new level of rhetorical heat Tuesday when Vice President Cheney warned that a vote for Democrat John Kerry could bring terrorist attacks on the USA.

Vice President Dick Cheney, accompanied by his wife Lynne, left, addresses a town hall meeting in Manchester, N.H.

By Jim Cole, AP

Speaking to supporters in Des Moines, Cheney called it "absolutely essential" that on Election Day voters "make the right choice. Because if we make the wrong choice, then the danger is that we'll get hit again, and we'll be hit in a way that will be devastating."

Cheney's remarks overshadowed accusatory exchanges by Kerry and President Bush over Iraq and drew a response from North Carolina Sen. John Edwards, Kerry's running mate.

"Dick Cheney's scare tactics crossed the line today," he said. Protecting America from "vicious terrorists" is not a partisan issue, and Cheney and Bush ought to know that, Edwards said.

Cheney said the nation under a Kerry presidency could "fall back into a pre-9/11 mind-set," which he described as viewing terrorist attacks as "just criminal acts" and the nation as "not really at war."

Kerry, a fourth-term Massachusetts senator, Vietnam combat veteran and former prosecutor, often says America is at war and maintains he could fight a more effective war on terrorism than Bush. Today he planned to spotlight what he calls Bush's wrong decisions on Iraq with a speech at the Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal, the same place Bush made the case for war in October 2002.

At the time, Bush argued that Saddam Hussein had to be ousted because he was "harboring terrorists" and possessed weapons of mass destruction. Such weapons have not been found. The bipartisan 9/11 Commission found no cooperative relationship between Saddam and al-Qaeda.

"The truth is, there are terrorists there that were not there before we went in" to Iraq, Kerry said Tuesday at a town meeting in Greensboro, N.C. But Bush, campaigning in Lee's Summit, Mo., said that "we were right to make America safer by removing Saddam Hussein from power."

Even as Bush and Kerry visit battleground states and express concern about voters without jobs or health care, the Iraq war remains at the forefront. Voters ask about it, and the candidates use it against each other: Bush to cast doubt on Kerry's consistency, Kerry to cast doubt on Bush's judgment.

In Lee's Summit, the president drew chuckles from a crowd of 5,000 when he said that Kerry "woke up yesterday morning with yet another new position, and this one is not even his own. It is that of his onetime rival Howard Dean."

The president said Kerry "even used the same words Howard Dean used back when he supposedly disagreed with him." Bush said invading Iraq was the right thing to do "no matter how many times Sen. Kerry flip-flops."

Kerry said this week that Iraq is "the wrong war in the wrong place at the wrong time." Dean made a similar remark in February 2003, a month before the invasion.

In May 2003, Kerry was asked whether it was the right move at the right time. "I would have preferred if we had given diplomacy a greater opportunity, but I think it was the right decision to disarm Saddam Hussein," he said, reflecting the belief at the time that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction.

Kerry voted to authorize the war in 2002 but urged Bush to proceed slowly and give diplomacy a chance to work. On Tuesday he claimed that Bush's wrong decisions at every step have cost American lives and, so far, $200 billion. "He chose the date of the start of this war," Kerry told several hundred fans at the Greensboro town meeting. "And he chose for America to go it alone. And today all of America is paying this price."

its nice how cheney is resorting to TERRRORISM to get Bush re-elected :rolleyes:

...Republicans think they are Super-citizens , nobody else loves this country like they do . :)

In comparison to most Democrats, we are. Tell me if this make sense: A party's platform opposes appropriations to fight a war, opposes pre-emptive strikes, and opposes the Patriot Act, all the while claiming that they are committed to national security and the war on terror.

Democrats have no touch with reality it's not even funny.

clearly the protection of our country is of the utmost concern of both parties. the means by which that protection should be achieved is a cause for debate. Cheney's comments just bring home the simple fact ;that the Bush administration,will do and say anything to keep their jobs. what's next ?? will republicans again use the families of the victims of 9/11 in there next series of attack ads ??:rolleyes:

In comparison to most Democrats, we are. Tell me if this make sense: A party's platform opposes appropriations to fight a war, opposes pre-emptive strikes, and opposes the Patriot Act, all the while claiming that they are committed to national security and the war on terror.

In a so-called GLOBAL WAR ON TERROR , one must be more delicate and careful in taking drastic(pre-emption) and useless acts like this administration has done so far ......we need to work with strong allies (UN & NATO) in combating the parasite of terrorism ....& thats where Kerry & Bush differ greatly .

The Democrats platform also consisted of full support for the war in Afganistan, which has a lot more to do with the war on terror than the iraq war.

it makes perfect sense, and here's why.

1) appropriations to fight the war were opposed because global opinion was against it, and you know this. this was a pre-emptive offensive strike, without any conclusive evidence linking saddam to al-qaeda. to win the war on terror we need the support of as many countries as possible, but bush's policies actually made matters worse and now the US's ratings the world over are the lowest they've ever been. moreover, the war in iraq has further incited resentment for the US in the muslim world. therefore, for you to say that we are actually safer under these conditions makes no sense whatsoever.

2) oppositon to pre-emptive strikes: see above

3) the patriot act is nothing more than an assault on the consitution...republicans are masters at manipulatively using just the right words to mislead ppl.

it makes perfect sense, and here's why.

1) appropriations to fight the war were opposed because global opinion was against it, and you know this. this was a pre-emptive offensive strike, without any conclusive evidence linking saddam to al-qaeda. to win the war on terror we need the support of as many countries as possible, but bush's policies actually made matters worse and now the US's ratings the world over are the lowest they've ever been. moreover, the war in iraq has further incited resentment for the US in the muslim world. therefore, for you to say that we are actually safer under these conditions makes no sense whatsoever.

my thoughts exactly .....unfortunatly many Super Citizens don't see the world that way , what a pity .

:lol3::lol3: ..Your country ???? ....how much you pay for mortgage ?

SUPER CITIZEN OF cuban blood STRIKES AGAIN !!!! lol

After my new property tax increase, enough to smuggle a go fast boat of illegal from the Bahamas. Cheney was blunt and maybe a bit crude, but to put into simple English, that niguh said it like it be. Besides, Bush has been getting hammered forever and you never got offended back then. Believe it or not, freedom is a two way street. Yrs of twisted facts against Bush are a drop in the da' bucket compared to what Kerry has had to face. Cheneys words where 100% to the point. Why do you think 9/11 happened? Our military was under funded along side with our weapons and intelligence agencies. well. Some times the truth is hard to swallow but we still have to accept it. Our nation is at risk and it will take a Republican to strengthen our current weak points.

The thin skinned outrage we are currently witnessing from those you seem to agree w/ indicate only one thing. Cheney is right and the track record from those you support speaks for itself. Was is politically incorrect and a bit insensitive,,,,you bet ya'. Was it true? You bet ya'! Suck it up and focus on the issues and Kerry's 20 yr. record and we could avoid all of this. Your problem is not "mean republicans", it's your candidate. You've made your bed, now take a nap and sweet dreams.

ps....I've been trying to warn you for some time now. You chose your guy based on electability and now you've got 'em. By the way, did you know he went to Vietnam? LOL

Again, enjoy our Country !!!!

In a so-called GLOBAL WAR ON TERROR , one must be more delicate and careful in taking drastic(pre-emption) and useless acts like this administration has done so far ......we need to work with strong allies (UN & NATO) in combating the parasite of terrorism ....& thats where Kerry & Bush differ greatly .

:nopity:

"Ambassador" Mursa elightens us once again with his vast knowledge in the realms of foreign affairs and world governments! LOL!!

Who are you gonna vote for Mursa? Oh wait...you can't! :doh:

btw, Portugal is one of our allies in the WAR ON TERROR! :beer:

The truth is that we are safer with President Bush in the White House.

How are we safer?

Lemme guess, cuz Saddam is no longer in power... wupty fuckin doo.

How in the world can a country be safe under a "leader" that polarizes the world into USA (plus a couple allies) against everybody else? I doubt most of you Bush-supporters care, but 99% (or pretty damn close) of the rest of the world despises W Bush. And a nation that re-elects a fuckup like him isn't going get much respect. Oh that's right, I guess we'll just have to command their respect with our almighty arsenal... the Republican Way.

I can understand someone supporting Bush because they're daddy's rich or cuz they see his name splashed on the side of a NASCAR racer... but to be so ignorant as to think this country is actually safer with this fumbling idiot in power is IN-FUCKING-SANE!!!

Do you have enough of a grasp on reality to realize that the citizens of a country that is HATED all around the world are NOT safe.

Oh, and yes, voting out the piece-of-shit that dragged our country's image through the dirt over the last 3 years will go a long way towards restoring the safety of American citizens all over the world.

:nopity:

"Ambassador" Mursa elightens us once again with his vast knowledge in the realms of foreign affairs and world governments! LOL!!

Who are you gonna vote for Mursa? Oh wait...you can't! :doh:

btw, Portugal is one of our allies in the WAR ON TERROR! :beer:

looky look !! a Republican from Texas...you make obby & igloo's rhetoric seem like ralph nader's most probably . lol

Just because Im not gonna vote , doesnt mean I can't express my opinion ,right ??.. lol..i declined citizenship all the way back in 92 bro ...my choice .

Portugal, well let me be more specific the portuguese GOVERNMENT is an ally on the War on terror (i've said it various times) , but so are other POOR european countries such as poland, bulgaria,ukraine and other eastern european nations ..........do you see a pattern ?? US Financial Aid !!! :)

How are we safer?

Lemme guess, cuz Saddam is no longer in power... wupty fuckin doo.

How in the world can a country be safe under a "leader" that polarizes the world into USA (plus a couple allies) against everybody else? I doubt most of you Bush-supporters care, but 99% (or pretty damn close) of the rest of the world despises W Bush. And a nation that re-elects a fuckup like him isn't going get much respect. Oh that's right, I guess we'll just have to command their respect with our almighty arsenal... the Republican Way.

I can understand someone supporting Bush because they're daddy's rich or cuz they see his name splashed on the side of a NASCAR racer... but to be so ignorant as to think this country is actually safer with this fumbling idiot in power is IN-FUCKING-SANE!!!

Do you have enough of a grasp on reality to realize that the citizens of a country that is HATED all around the world are NOT safe.

Oh, and yes, voting out the piece-of-shit that dragged our country's image through the dirt over the last 3 years will go a long way towards restoring the safety of American citizens all over the world.

:laugh: :laugh: