Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fins trade for Lamar Gordon

phrankadelic

I think the trade for Gordon was a decent trade. He has potential and that's about all the Fins can hope for this season. If they do badly enough, Fiedler and Wanny will be gone and the Fins will have the core of the defense plus Booker, Boston, Chambers, McMichael, Gordon and perhaps the Edge. Now we're fuckin' talkin'!

Wanstadt needs to go.... why would they spend money on AJ Feely only to start Fielder.. one of them is gone for sure next year........

David Boston = one of the most over ranked WR in the league (IMO).. he can produce decent numbers when he's not on the cover of GQ or injured....

Chambers... hasn't been the same since he got his bell rung in Denver....

McMichael - shows promise - I like him and think he'll get the ball alot this year...

Marty Booker - gets the senior discount at Denny's....

Gordon - ain't no Rickey!

The Edge - well he's more "rounded".. but if healthy and behind a decent line (cough cough miami needs help with that cough cough) he can produce solid numbers....

Plus - there's no way they can possibly keep that insane defense together.... they are all just too good of players... I bet some of them make like Trace Armstrong and leave.................unfortunately.

Good luck ya'll.. its all about the Lions :)

Well there was an article posted in July and in August stating that McGahee claimed he'd like to be traded if he wasn't the starter.... reason I know is I did post a question about it in the Sports Forum cp sports - with that being said - he has recently stated that he's fine with the back-up role, but that he doesn't like it. I'm sure he'll be bitching up a storm next year to be traded....

Edge has all ready stated he's interested in Miami next year.......

Yeah, I know McGahee was yammering about wanting a trade if he didn't start, but the fact is the guy's got no choice. The Bills aren't going to trade him to a division rival, especially when, if he fulfills his potential, they can trade Travis Henry for a 1st rounder and free-up cap room by giving his job to Willis.

I know Edge wants to come here, but H. Wayne ain't gonna shell out the bucks if Edge is back to his old self; and Indy's not gonna let him go without a fight.

Go Bills! :pint:

I think the trade for Gordon was a decent trade. He has potential and that's about all the Fins can hope for this season. If they do badly enough, Fiedler and Wanny will be gone and the Fins will have the core of the defense plus Booker, Boston, Chambers, McMichael, Gordon and perhaps the Edge. Now we're fuckin' talkin'!

The Fins' D is going to suck in '05. They just traded the only major player on the D that was under 30 (Ogunleye). The defense needs to be rebuilt just as bad as the offense.

The whole Dolphins "brain trust" should've been fired on the spot for even contemplating giving a 2nd-rounder for A.J. Feely, when it wasn't exactly a secret that Kurt Warner and Kerry Collins would be released this summer and the Niners made Jeff Garcia available for nothing. It looks even worse now that Quincy Carter could've been had for a song.

The Fish are going to be second-division for a looooong time. But, nobody can make the playoffs every year. That's just an unrealistic expectation. They had a good run, but it's time for this version of the Dolphins to be put out to pasture.

if quincy carter was so great, then why did dallas get rid of him so fast? and have vinny t starting? that's a joke. just goes to show you how much they thought of carter. garcia isn't exactly lighting it up either. i'll pass. warner's best days are past him. the only one i like is collins. and i cannot disagree with you more on the assessment of the fins defense. the "oldest" core starters are zach thomas (30) and sam madison (30). no one figured that seau would be here for more than 3-4 years anyways. this defense will still be tops for 3-5 more years. probably less if they have to be on the field for as long as they will be this year.

with that said...i totall agree with you on the whole feely, second round shit. that was pure stupidity.

if quincy carter was so great, then why did dallas get rid of him so fast?

Stupidity. Quincy Carter's not the greatest, but he still managed to lead his team to the playoffs despite not having Ricky Williams in his backfield.

garcia isn't exactly lighting it up either.

He might not be at his peak anymore, but the guy still threw for 600 more yards and rushed for 230 more yards than Jay in 2 more starts last year.

warner's best days are past him.

True, but Warner is also fully healthy for the first time in 2 years. Even in that "horrible" game he had last year, he still threw for 340 yards and only threw 1 pick. If Martz called more than 16 touches for Marshall Faulk during the game, Warner might have not ended up on his back 6 times and the Rams might have won the game.

the "oldest" core starters are zach thomas (30) and sam madison (30). no one figured that seau would be here for more than 3-4 years anyways. this defense will still be tops for 3-5 more years.

This isn't baseball or basketball. 30 is old in football. Zach is 31, Madison is 30, Taylor is 30, Seau is 35. Seau has 2 more years, tops. None of their top players is younger than 28 - which means that they're betting the house on players that are going to be washed-up in a few years. Also, the Dolphins D wasn't exactly dominating last year. They were middle-of-the-pack in the AFC (7 of 16) in yards/game allowed. The only thing that saved them from getting scored on a lot is a pretty high number of takeaways, and you can't keep relying on that.

Stupidity. Quincy Carter's not the greatest, but he still managed to lead his team to the playoffs despite not having Ricky Williams in his backfield.

i would say the nfc had a "down" year last year. which is why they made it. fins had the same record as they did. dallas wouldn't have made the playoffs if they were in the afc.

He might not be at his peak anymore, but the guy still threw for 600 more yards and rushed for 230 more yards than Jay in 2 more starts last year.

he also had a guy named TO to throw to...as well as a couple of other better receivers than the fins did.

This isn't baseball or basketball. 30 is old in football. Zach is 31, Madison is 30, Taylor is 30, Seau is 35. Seau has 2 more years, tops. None of their top players is younger than 28 - which means that they're betting the house on players that are going to be washed-up in a few years. Also, the Dolphins D wasn't exactly dominating last year. They were middle-of-the-pack in the AFC (7 of 16) in yards/game allowed. The only thing that saved them from getting scored on a lot is a pretty high number of takeaways, and you can't keep relying on that.

antuan edwards - 26

pat surtain - 27

reggie howard - 26

will poole - 22

yeremiah bell - 27

morlon greenwood - 25

eddie moore - 23

david bowens - 26

dario romero - 26

those are all young guys and does not even count the rookies/1st year guys. there defense will be fine for another 5 years. i'm not worried about that. they were the 3rd best scoring defense in the NFL. and yes...takeaways will always be part of this defense. and they still play 5 home games thru november.

u make some good points, but i can argue this for days. :)

The Fins' D is going to suck in '05. They just traded the only major player on the D that was under 30 (Ogunleye). The defense needs to be rebuilt just as bad as the offense.

Adewale wasn't coming back. The Fin's weren't going to pay him the money he was requesting. Quite frankly, neither would I if I were in Miami's position.

What were they going to do? keep him on the bench for a whole year and lose him for nothing? blah!

and what about Miami's defense? the only thing I see wrong is a disasterous offense.