Clubplanet Nightlife Community

De La Hoya vs. Hopkins fight picks

havokk

big fight is less than a week away. Who is your pick? Hopkins is a huge favourite but I got a feeling that Oscar may be able to pull off the huge upset. I'm hyped for this fight!! :box:

This ones got free per view written all over it... :pint:

As for the prediction, I'm not sure... I could see Oscar winning because he's quicker and has more endurance but at the same time I can also see Bernard using his size and strenght to wear Oscar down....

Hopkins will fuck DLH up........he eats pretty boys for b'fast

yeah, on the surface thats what I can see happening too. But DLH isn't stupid. He really is made for fights like this. I have a feeling he has a few tricks up his sleave and that he'll come in in the best shape of his life. I'm pulling for DLH.

This ones got free per view written all over it... :pint:

As for the prediction, I'm not sure... I could see Oscar winning because he's quicker and has more endurance but at the same time I can also see Bernard using his size and strenght to wear Oscar down....

Oscar has NO endurance in the late rounds. Hopkins is a fucking machine.

Oscar has NO endurance in the late rounds. Hopkins is a fucking machine.

Depends on who he is fighting. I was just thinking that he would have more endurance than Hopkins because he is the smaller, quicker fighter and will probably make Hopkins chase him around the ring... Hopkins is getting up there too...

Depends on who he is fighting. I was just thinking that he would have more endurance than Hopkins because he is the smaller, quicker fighter and will probably make Hopkins chase him around the ring... Hopkins is getting up there too...

Yeah, but Hopkins is a lot more comfortable at 160 than Oscar is, so when it comes to conditioning you have to put the question mark next to Oscar. Plus, Oscar has always had a history of fading late in fights, while Hopkins has a reputation for coming on strong down the stretch.

Yeah, but Hopkins is a lot more comfortable at 160 than Oscar is, so when it comes to conditioning you have to put the question mark next to Oscar. Plus, Oscar has always had a history of fading late in fights, while Hopkins has a reputation for coming on strong down the stretch.

Yep like in the tito fight and BOTH mosley fights. Its gonna take a miracle for Oscar to pull this one off, I am still rooting for him tho.

Yep like in the tito fight and BOTH mosley fights. Its gonna take a miracle for Oscar to pull this one off, I am still rooting for him tho.

Oscar's only hope is to do his best Sugar Ray Leonard impersonation of when he fought Marvin Hagler and run circles around Hopkins all night, using his superior hand and foot speed to throw quick flurries then get out, and hope to hell that he has enough gas to keep it up for 12 rounds. I predict that Oscar will be comfortably ahead on all scorecards by the 8th or 9th round, then start slowing down and Hopkins will be all over him then.

I was laughing at some of the interviews Hopkins has been doing for the fight, talking about how Oscar's nose is too straight and that he doesn't look like a fighter. He said he's gonna rearrange his face a bit and give it some "character". I can already hear all of Oscar's female fans shrieking in horror as Hopkins is busting Oscar up.

I was laughing at some of the interviews Hopkins has been doing for the fight, talking about how Oscar's nose is too straight and that he doesn't look like a fighter. He said he's gonna rearrange his face a bit and give it some "character". I can already hear all of Oscar's female fans shrieking in horror as Hopkins is busting Oscar up.

:laugh:

if Oscar wins this bout, its gotta be the biggest upset so far this year. and yes, this one has a "free per view" written all over it.... whos' got the black box? i'll swing by your house with some beer. :pint:

oscar de la hoya = great hand speed and knock out power, questionable chin !

bernard hopkins = bigger structure , stronger , good chin , speed isnt all that and knock out power is proven sometimes but not as much as oscar.

imo its a battle where anything can happen .. but imo if oscar plays his cards right he might have the slight edge in this one !! but i like both fighters

oscar also has the weight increase against him of coarse which might take away a bit of his knock out ability and speed.. so honestly its up in the air for me right now !! but its definately gonna be a fight thats gonna have everyone on the edge of their seats :bounce:

oscar de la hoya = great hand speed and knock out power, questionable chin !

bernard hopkins = bigger structure , stronger , good chin , speed isnt all that and knock out power is proven sometimes but not as much as oscar.

imo its a battle where anything can happen .. but imo if oscar plays his cards right he might have the slight edge in this one !! but i like both fighters

oscar also has the weight increase against him of coarse which might take away a bit of his knock out ability and speed.. so honestly its up in the air for me right now !! but its definately gonna be a fight thats gonna have everyone on the edge of their seats :bounce:

hey koky, you and your sig almost got me fired yesterday. sheesh :mad:

what was i thinking logging onto cp at work. fuck !!!!