Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I passed the Bar!!! :)

patois

Thank you everyone so much again! I have gone up to Tampa and revisited the Tampa Convention Center where I took the bar....it's kinda nice to see it now that I can relax...and it's such a nice building.

We also passed through Punta Gorda on the way here, where I sold my bar study books to someone who lives there. It is really something....to stand there and see the absolute wreckage there. It's just not the same as seeing it on the news....a month later Punta Gorda, Port Charlotte is mostly in ruins. I felt so sad, so grounded just standing there. We walked by a laundromat that had been mostly demolished by the storm and we ran into a Teco gas worker who was working on the building. He said that last week, Punta Gorda was just about bankrupt...but then Jeb Bush picked up about 90% of the tab for the city's repairs, and then charities picked up the rest. He said though that it will take years for the city to get back to where it was. It is such a pretty old-time town also.

We also passed through Punta Gorda on the way here, where I sold my bar study books to someone who lives there. It is really something....to stand there and see the absolute wreckage there. It's just not the same as seeing it on the news....a month later Punta Gorda, Port Charlotte is mostly in ruins. I felt so sad, so grounded just standing there. We walked by a laundromat that had been mostly demolished by the storm and we ran into a Teco gas worker who was working on the building. He said that last week, Punta Gorda was just about bankrupt...but then Jeb Bush picked up about 90% of the tab for the city's repairs, and then charities picked up the rest. He said though that it will take years for the city to get back to where it was. It is such a pretty old-time town also.

I was born and rasied in Port Charlotte, and went to high school in Punta Gorda. Very sad sights indeed. My parents still live there but left for vacation in Spain the day Charlie hit. They get back this Friday and my dad's office is gone. Luckily their apartment was spared, but they're in for a rude awakening.

:jawdrop: