Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Studio 4 OMFG

roveen

I just got back from Studio 4 and all I can say is holy shit. The place is gonna be insane. You walk in thru a narrow hallway with moroccan style decor, where you get a glimpse of the moroccan room through small arch-like windows. You turn the corner, and walk through the double doors into the main room...

...and your jaw just absolutely drops.

30' High ceilings, multi-level seating and vip areas, the DJ booth overlooking the club on yet another level with another VIP area behind it, lights on hydraulics that move the entire light truss up and down, two huge bars flank the dancefloor, a BI-LEVEL STAGE for shows, i can keep going, and the place isn't even completed yet!

Absolutely beautiful.

r u drunk when u listen, i'm just trying to help u out but whatever...........

no i dont drink more than 1 beer when i spin, and I look at your post objectively and appreciate the feedback, but not the sarcasm. About the new music, it depends on the format i'm playing. If I am hired to play the "circa mix" you wont hear much new music there. PM me and ill send you a link to my sets from sandbar and you be the judge when YOU'RE not drunk. Just don't leak the songs on it :P

anyway this was a studio 4 thread.

Hey RO apparently we have a hater trying to bash us. If you hate the fact we use computers or play classics then why do you come? drunk or not we still do our job. and people loves us for that. maybe you should try to be a dj and see that its not as easy as you think. realize we have residencies for a reason.

all u play is classics............ i wish i heard u at spirit..........do u use a computer at spirit??? have any recorded spirit mixes??? as far as going were u guys r playing that won't be a problem.... dj's like u r a dime a dozen........... i'm not a hater, just trying to give u an honest point of view....... have fun dudes rip derb sick............

roveen put your mixes up so people can hear them, then u will see i'm not lying...........

all u play is classics............ i wish i heard u at spirit..........do u use a computer at spirit??? have any recorded spirit mixes??? as far as going were u guys r playing that won't be a problem.... dj's like u r a dime a dozen........... i'm not a hater, just trying to give u an honest point of view....... have fun dudes rip derb sick............

roveen put your mixes up so people can hear them, then u will see i'm not lying...........

theres another spirit dj who uses a laptop and he spins on saturdays.

I have heard Roveen from when he has started. He has improved so much since I firs heard him spin. He does spin newer music the times I have heard him in the dome. Its not a big deal that he uses a computer. Jp uses a laptop as well when he spins.

:)

Will there be a milk crate so Roveen can see over the DJ booth? ;)

There is nothing wrong with using a computer to dj all that matters is if people dance and have a great time! out of the top djs in the world about 30% use laptops now. including Richie Hawtin, PVD, Oakenfold, Ferry Corsten, John Digweed, Josh Gabriel, and many more to name. its just another tool for us to use to please the masses. Also i hear you on djs being dime a dozen but not many djs have lasted as long as roveen and i have. we been doing this for over 15 years and have had many residencys in major nightclubs. As for the Spirit thing i will be there next friday and yes i will be using my laptop along with cds and vinyl and Javier playing the drums (All tools to make people dance)

speaking of promoters i guess richie rydell didn't listen to the promoters and played all new HARD music and people were going crazy and were dancing.0 .......... people we will dance to GOOD music, and that is the truth........... there is alot of good music people will dance to but aren't getting the chance.............

stop using a computer and play new music............. u play alot of records to slow, record yourself.... u will see...

wow....thats the most pathetic review of a dj i have read.

even when laurie619 used to rip dj's at least she was there and stated what she did and ddidnt like.

You on the other hand....come out and hate cause he's using a laptop and try to put a spin on your pathetic post by saying support the artist. GHEY DUDE.

What tracks did he play,

what speed

what was slow

what were some of his mixes.

Listen CHAMP

this friday..I wanna see you in the dome

with a pencil and a notepad...taking notes on all his flaws...then at 3:30 am i wanna see your review and tracklisting.

then i want yuo to follow up your review with what he could have done better and how you think you can do a better job....but before that part i wanna see your credentials and I want you to tell me who the fuck died and made you the fucking authority on djing and dance music.

Cause what i know is if you have a room thta is rockin out...it means A. the dj can read the crowd. B. the dj must be doing a pretty good job at least or c. its a room full of deaf people who have no fucking clue what theyre listening to and are just feeling the bass and jumping around.

Last I checked...there arent that many deaf people hanging out in the dome at sandbar.

So please stop the bullshit and you immature childish comments that hold no merit.

Please spare yourself any further embarrasment and let this thread die.

Thank you for your expected cooperation inthis matter.

The Management

Kosta Muthafuckin P.

speaking of promoters i guess richie rydell didn't listen to the promoters and played all new HARD music and people were going crazy and were dancing.0 .......... people we will dance to GOOD music, and that is the truth........... there is alot of good music people will dance to but aren't getting the chance.............

may i ask what promoters you are speaking of?

Look...

you have to match beats with computer DJ software the same way you do with records it just a different method.

I know I have a really expensive one on my computer and I can’t fucken do it.

Roveen always plays the newest shit and is nice to everyone. Every year he has gotten better and he made a name for himself. He’s doing something right if he got this far. I hate people that think there cool and "real" djs by spinning on just records and mock people that dont. Every medium of music takes just as much talent to be good but in different ways.

Fuck supporting the artist. Music sharing came to be because we all have been getting ripped the fuck off for decades on music. I believe that if music sharing and movie burning shit like that keeps evolving huge corporations may not look for bands to invest in and market because the profibility will be low.

Then when an artist becomes popular it will be because they are talented and they rised to the top because of talent and not because a multi-billion dollar corporation is marketing the shit out of them making them big, telling you what to like. I believe in sharing music and I will do it to the bitter end, sharing is not against the law, The Music industry simply has to evolve, Make money off shows and other things. You cannot make sharing illegal even when it’s on a wide scale so fuck the artist and paying for there crap

emabrace the technology...Mkutlass-no disrespect but you have a bit to learn about the technology that DJs now use

everybody gets the fact the djs are beat mixing 2 records togther...the future is incorporating computers, sequencers (albeton live is the shiznit!!!!)original productions. self-made dj tools and the old school equipment-all together in one set up...bottom line is to make people dance and drink! If you think that the future is a dj sitting in booth waiting for breaks to mix another record, then you are stuck in the past

also-if you are not a good dj the computer will not help you be better or do something you can't do...all of the software is designed for DJs who know whats up...it wont teach you Even w/ all of the equipment/software, I challenge anyone who isnt a professional dj to get the software and play with it...you'll be quickly humbled

EMBRACE THE TECHNOLOGY

emabrace the technology...Mkutlass-no disrespect but you have a bit to learn about the technology that DJs now use

everybody gets the fact the djs are beat mixing 2 records togther...the future is incorporating computers, sequencers (albeton live is the shiznit!!!!)original productions. self-made dj tools and the old school equipment-all together in one set up...bottom line is to make people dance and drink! If you think that the future is a dj sitting in booth waiting for breaks to mix another record, then you are stuck in the past

also-if you are not a good dj the computer will not help you be better or do something you can't do...all of the software is designed for DJs who know whats up...it wont teach you Even w/ all of the equipment/software, I challenge anyone who isnt a professional dj to get the software and play with it...you'll be quickly humbled

EMBRACE THE TECHNOLOGY

That's what im saying and i dont know much. I have a damn good program and unless you know what your doing nothing is smart enough to match the beats. I mean if you have cakewalk and you use the graph and do it before hand then its another story but that takes allot of time and you cant do that with mp3s. not enough layers or some shit i forget.

I feel bad for fucking with you now feelgoodshouse becuase i agree with you 100%

another thing i forgot to mention which a few dj's that play in the jersey circuit and a few in the ny scene need to learn about programming a night. i have heard some horrible programming recently no names mentioned but Roveen is not one to be picking on...i think he's closer to the top of the list rather than the these other guys that are just absurdly horrendous.

Nuff said.

KP