Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Trip To Europe!!!!!!!!

beatfriek

Hey guys, im planning a trip to Amsterdam, and one other city that has not been decided on...

Being that i barely listen to European radio, and haven't picked up a mixmag in over a year....

What are the hot spots in Amsterdam... Aside from tiesto's friggen :ghey: music store... JK

we're leaning towards Paris or Italy...

Any suggestions???

Any good nights that you guys know of???

Any residencies there???

Thankx in advance!!!!

So your going to Amsterdam huh? Well, heres a website that will help you find your way around ...http://www.coffeeshop.freeuk.com/. This website has everything you need to find some great bud. Helpled me out alot when I was there three times two years ago. Just couldn't get enough of that sticky icky. I recommend you check out Grasshopper 2, Baba, Hill Street Blues(they serve alcohol as well) and Gray Area. Theres plenty of other places, but these have good atmospheres. In terms of nightlife, Paradiso, Panama, Melkweg, Hotel Arena and Mazzo is where its at. As for bars, there all over the place, so take your pick. Hope this helps Beatfriek. Have fun! :D:aright:

i was there last year around this time... i think the best club we went to was escape... i believe their website is www.escape.nl ...i think it was $15 Euros, place is alright and was pretty packed when we went...met some fine polish girls.. make sure you visit the Heineken factory and go around closing time and theyll probably hook you up with some extra free beer...... you also def have to check out the VanGoh museum and try to go after making a stop at one of the coffee shops ... if you're planning to stay in a hostel i def recommmend the flying pigs hostel.. very cool place..hmm thats pretty much all i could think of.... dutch are very nice people i thought probably one of the friendliests if you ask me.. oh dont be surprised to see Mercedes SL600 taxis lol...that was awesome too

don't go to paris. paris is nice but the people are a bitch and paris is better in the spring/summer time anyways. go to prague. its nice and u'll find pretty girls there and it doesnt cost much to party like a king.

im goin to amsterdam in the end of october, so if ur goin around then, we should meet up :)

Yay! you're going to my hometown! :-)

Well let's see, the Rokerij is a nice coffeeshop, veryyyy chill but also very touristy, so very overpriced... Check out some of the smaller, lesser known coffeeshops... Especially all around the red light district ;-)

Clubs, unfortunately the Mazzo is closing soon, in the next few weeks I believe... You could check out Kingdom the Venue, on saturday nights they usually have some trance dj... Also Escape, thursdays they have funky house and a bit of tech house, at a night called Rush, and saturdays they have a night there called Chemistry. There are also other parties or dj's about in holland all the time... So depending on when you're going and what scene you prefer, I could maybe help you with that..

Tiesto's record shop is not in Amsterdam. It's 1,5 by train, and it's not really all that exciting, there all plenty of record stores in Amsterdam that are much better! Anyways, let me know if i need to help you with anything :-)

oh, and I'd recommend either going to Germany, Spain or the UK

Best place in Europe. Paris hands down. I hate when people say that parisians are a bitch. Every person in that place speaks english. They just dont want to speak it. LOL. That fucking place is amzing.Here are some suggestions.

1) If time is a problem dont even bother for the Museums they are too big. You can see art in Paris by just walking.

2) Stay in Opera or Champs Elysées . They are the tourist area. You really dont want to hang out there but saty there.

3) Clubs to go:

Amnesia

Rex best music try to find who is spinning they have djs from Paris all the time, like Laurent Garnier, Dimitri from Paris and sometimes they have Jeff Mills saw all of them and the line too get in was like 3 hours long.

Queens

ManRay

VIP Room very upscale and expensive

Red Light good afterhours

Follies Pigales crazy afterhours but amazing music and atmosphere.

Le Paris is an awesome lounge

Pulp on Thursdays is good house music

If you need more info PM me I live in Paris for a little time and I know some of it. Plus I travel to th South of France and Spain.

lots of good advice about amsterdamn, and you cant help but have a great time there. Try to stay somewhat near central station, its a good location for a "home base" :)

Hands down I would visit Barcelona as the second city!!!!

Paris is cool, as rafael says, but Barcelona is just insane ... beautiful city, beautiful people, beautiful vibe, and just the Gaudi Cahtedral alone is worth the trip...... I think that guy discovered acid a 100 years ago!

sacfac2.jpg

In terms of nightlife, Paradiso, Panama, Melkweg, Hotel Arena and Mazzo is where its at.

I went to Mazzo when I was in Amsterdam..... I had a great time and enjoyed the music :love:

Also hit up a ton of coffee shops.. look for the more obscure ones - don't buy any hash/weed at the Grasshopper or Bulldog - their shit is very commerical since like everyone knows of those 2 shops. Just an FYI if you were planning to smoke a lil' sumthing whilst there ;)

First of all, much thanks for all the recomendations!!!!!

Im almost sure were gonna end up staying near the Central station...

the trip is planned for the end of November!!!

I want to go to Berlin, but my girl and co arent really to fond of the crazy techno, plus it will be real hard to get around that language barrier... At least in Italy or Paris we could manage a bit better...

THe first mistake were making, is going over there on a budget!!!! :mad:

If it wasnt for that, my first choice would be Spain or obviously the UK!!!! :bowdown::bounce::pint:

Spain is also a bit far for the amount of time we plan to be acrooss the little atlantic puddle..

Any other restuarants, hotels, clubs, pub/lounges, and budda bars are extremely welcome...

much thanks peeps!

If you like noodles and stuff you should check out this restaurant called Wagamama on the Max Euwe Plein (near leideseplein)! The food is AMAZING, but it's a noodlebar, so if you dont like noodles and rice, then forget it haha

There's also a great thai restaurant called Top Thai near the anne frank house... You can get a meal with appetizer, main dish and dessert for 20 euros, and you get a LOT and the food is great!

If you want to eat good steak, go to Gauchos.. but WARNING it's expensive!! I ate there by myself once and ended up spending 50 euros!! ALONE!

There's a club called Jimmy Woo that just opened which is a club where all the celebrities go, but as you would imagine, it's not easy getting in there... havent been myself... Also check out the scedule of places such as Paradiso, Melkweg, Kingdom (on saturday nights), The Powerzone, Escape, Panama, etc