Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling's REview of Grooveeric and Markus Schulz @ Mia Lounge

Bling

Mia Lounge is a jewel in the rough. It is the one place, that foundation if you will, that always guarantees a good time. Despite the lack of "vibe" this week thanks to Monday Nite football and a near empty house, having dinner with the TA's and Markus and Heather is something you just cannot do anywhere else.

The nite started off extremely early for me. I decided to work till 7 pm and then head to Mia. By 745 I was already there waiting for Melissa to show up. At around 9 pm she arrived and we sat down to eat dinner. Melissa (Happykandy) wanted to go eat some Mediterranean food next door but I insisted we stay at Mia because everyone else would show up soon. I ordered the Baked Ziti along with the soup and the bread that comes with it. Unfortunately, I felt a bit sick to my stomach and couldnt eat the food. I should have listned to Melissa I guess. She had some appetizer salad and most of my ziti :)

Around 915-930 the Ta's arrived. First to arrive were Tigerclaw and Grooveric. After they showed up Amber and Raul, then Relik (grooveric's cousin) and his girlfriend, Felipe,Jackie (great to see u after such a long time stranger, Wendel and last but not least Arturo (always with the grand entrance heh)

During this time Markus and Heather joined us for dinner. This is what makes hanging with you all at Mia's worth my drive. Being able to chill with friends and have good times. Always great to talk to markus and hear of his travels. This week we discussed his very succesful trip to LA with Armin on saturday, how he then had to fly back into Miami to do the GLOBAL DJ BROADCAST (he slept on the floor of the studio while Infusion's set was on), and then to Mia on monday. :eek: It was also wonderful to see Heather after such a long time. (you looked awesome with ur new haircolor)

While we were eating most of us were groaning to the music.... waiting for markus to take the decks. Around 1045 eric went upstairs and began his set

Grooveeric Set

I cant really go into much detail as I was downstairs listening to markus all nite. What I do recall is how freakin cold it was in there. ERic dropped a nice opening to his set with some good house that even Raul agreed was pretty good. When Markus took the decks, I went back down

Markus Schulz set

His set as always delievered in spades. I love what Markus plays and always will and he didnt disappoint. He did not play the usual Satellite, or No one on earth but rather played some tracks i havent heard in a long time except on his GDJB

Tracks that stood out to me: (thanks to tigerclaw for giving me all the track ids)

1) Blueberry by Probspot

2) Sarah Mcghaulin - "whats on fire" (junkie xl remix)=my fav song of nite

3) Why by Lolo

4) Wake Force (Perry O neil remix)

Behind Markus, the tv was showing the monday nite game and it def had an impact on the vibe there. Even Markus told me he would end a bit earlier because it was pretty much dead all nite.

While Markus was spinning I was able to talk to Heather and she told me how much she appreciates the Ta's and our undying support for Markus and how she considers us all friends...... (no doubt about it we are dedicated to Markus and deservingly so)

Other Ta's in the house that I saw while I was either talking or dancing was. TcFan(takin some great pics) as well as Jeskot(Jessica), Miriam (i was so happy to see u there. i was def surprised) and OMFG Melly Mel.

Melly Mel (melissa) it was my pleasure to meet you. Shame u arrived so late, I would have loved to spend more time with you. Maybe next time. Ur an absoloute doll :)

The nite unfortunately ended too soon as by 1 am we all headed out. Except for Wendel and jackie who stayed behind.

With football season in full gear Mia lounge I fear may not have that "vibe" that it had just a few weeks back. But you never know.......

Had a great time with u all. My pics will be ready by friday.....

Till next time.