Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what is KTU so afraid of

jamezzz

it baffles me how they play the worse music ever created and are scarred to death to play anything close to real house music lol there even afraid to play trance which is huge right now tiesto and pvd are very popular and you never hear anything good in their rotation...not to mention goombah johnny and baltazar are fuckin moronic asshole guido jerk-offs

ah who the hell knows what the problem is...why a show like Pete Tongs Radio 1 show or Roger Sanchez's show, or John Digweeds show would never succeed is beyond me...if u look at Miami, theyre radio station party 93 is very successful...problem is ur fighting a losing battle here...u have too many MTV retards who like the bling bling of jiggaman videos...pisses me off...KTU appeals more to NJ than NY anyways...if u listen to all the club promotions and the callers that call in, theyre all from that sewer of NJ..hate that shit more than anything...get ur own fuckin state identity other than some gay governor

ah who the hell knows what the problem is...why a show like Pete Tongs Radio 1 show or Roger Sanchez's show, or John Digweeds show would never succeed is beyond me...if u look at Miami, theyre radio station party 93 is very successful...problem is ur fighting a losing battle here...u have too many MTV retards who like the bling bling of jiggaman videos...pisses me off...KTU appeals more to NJ than NY anyways...if u listen to all the club promotions and the callers that call in, theyre all from that sewer of NJ..hate that shit more than anything...get ur own fuckin state identity other than some gay governor

Yeah NY rules! Hot97 Rules!

:half:

so we can call ktu the beat of new jersey then

Not to mention KTU is in Jersey City "The Beat of New York" - not even close

They will ALWAYS play new stuff by Donna Summer or Cher, regardless of how good it is, & they won't drop the Luther Vandross song because of his illness, they will always play Angelo Venuto to appeal to the EYEtalians (you know what i mean). One sucky station

mixed emotions about that radio station in here hehelast time i heard that shit was like in 2000 on a saturday night listening to some ill house at 3am some good stuff. now i dont know what their playing since i dont really listen to the radio period.they play some wack shit tho from what i can read on here :vomit2:

well they only reserve special times for some sophisticated dance music on occasion...like sat. nites bet 12am and 5am, they have played Tiesto, Junior V. weekly lately, Armin Van Buuren, Oakenfold, etc...

The rest of the week is mostly recycled mainstream crap :yuck:

ahhh ktu plays some decent stuff every now and then... i remember hearing a bunch of trance at like 3 in the morning being broadcasted by the riddler at dna in queens..

atb "it's a fine day" (steve murano remix)

4 clubbers "children"

there was also a lot of hard trance tracks which i dont know the name of...during the day they're gonna play crap but if you listen to the mix shows by the riddler or the special guest appearances they have every now and then, you'd be surprised...

also i remember in may they had this guy johhny budz play pretty much an hour of breakbeats between 6-7PM..i was pleasently surprised

I rember before KTU And Power 1051fm ther e was a station that started in NY called Hot 103.5 then switch to Hot 97. This station played freeestle music , techno music,euro house and house msuic. What Happen HOt 97 is Hip hop station. NUmber on HIP hop station that cant Rule nightclub in Manhattan. Back in the days They ruled the tr-state area back in the late earlies 1990. What radio station tooked over Powre 105 KTU and latin station. NY i grew up on House music. NYwill always be known as a place of house music. Why its big in Miami is a lot of eroupean go to florida for vacation. DJ know this so the clubs in MIami cater to eroupean, I went to Crobar WMC2004 Sb. Monday night. The Godfather of house music Franki Knuckles David MOrales and David Ambrosia ripped it up at Crobar Monday night. THe clubs was packed all night to the end. All they played was house music from nY they played deep house all night long. BUt morales tooked the crowd to the end deeper harder house .OSCAR G Isaw at Spirit playes Tribal hose musicx in NY and MIami at Space his partner Falcon playes progressive and trancy house MIami Party 93.1 they Pure Dance msuic channel they live on web

Radio plays whatever is promoted to them. They dont buy the music they play. Much of the really good house / trance music tracks are promoted through record pools that have a roster of established club DJ's with a following that the label knows will have a n interest in the music. Lets face it... you're not gonna find really good underground music in a mainstream record store so why would you expect to hear it on commercial radio..... Labels want to reach thier target audience and radio stations want to keep the attention of thier sponsors' demographic. I say keep it underground ....

What happen to Dsico music and latin freestyle music. Disco was the first dance music in NYc but Dsico did not start in nyc or freeestyle,house or techno or rb,reggea. Spining records or Dj or turntables started ion NYc, hip hop music original started in nyc and break dancing and be-boy or homeboys and breakbeats. Who cares about radio station and nightclubs. NYC is the center of the world so we have diverse people listening to all types of music. NYc boast more local dj in north america then any other city. Every trance dj perforrming in nyc. I saw sasha and digweed at twilo. winter music confrence 2005 . Whose going?