Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling's Review of Amika @Lust@Blue

Bling

Bling's Review of Amika & Lust@Blue

« on: Today at 05:38:11am »

It was one of those nites again where the clubhopping bug took over my soul. I arrived on south beach very early as I wanted to go to grooveman and ck some stuff out. AFterwards, I was walkin around Lincoln Road and who do I see... Karin.... She comes up to me and says" Will I see u at space tonite. its oscar return u know" (always the kick ass promoter ). Alas, I had to tell her space was not in the cards for me that evening. Though I am sure Oscar rocked it as did Cedric.

Crobar

Since Amika was not open yet I decided to go to crobar thanks to colby's list. Got in and got the 2 drink tix. (colby's list rocks) gulped down two cranberry vodka's in like 15 min then chilled on the third floor listening to the warm up dj. They were playing some progressive house it was pretty decent.

Amika

Arrived at Amika and the door again took a little bit. I must say though that the lists were all there and CJ had the hookup....

Inside the place looked beautiful like the first time I went and the women hands down the hottest women of any club. Double takes all nite long. Inside I meetup with Sasha, Lilly and Louis. Lilly and Sasha looking absolotely jaw dropping gorgeous. Lilly wearing a cute purple skirt with a flower and a black top and Sasha a very very sexy light blue top with low cut white pants.

The place was slammed. The warm up djs did a good job the DJ Pedro took the decks. He was ok. I never really got into it. He had some good tracks here and there but then there were some cheesy tracks that kinda made me groan.

Nevertheless, had a nice time hanging with u beautiful ladies.

Speaking of beautiful ladies, they had very sexy dancers on 4 platforms dancing. 2 on the sides of the booth and 2 more near the front.

Around 2 I had pretty much had enuff. Mostly because it was slammed and the heat was pretty bad. Especially by the dj booth it gets really hot. By the booth I ran into Shawn Rudnik who was heading over to Blue as well.

Lust@Blue

Great to see all the househeads in action. Mr. V, Digital7, Alan, JC, Juan Mejia, Macboy (who was leaving as I arrived), and also Erik Kittel. It was also such a wonderful surprise to see Catalina show up with Missionary. I had a blast hanging with u and dancing with u all nite UR the bestest!!!!

What can I say about Vaughn and Sheldon that hasnt been said before. Quite simply they floor me everytime I see them. I am my happiest when I am hearing a lust4house set. I dont know what it is. it truly stirs my soul and my emotions.

The lust crew has made me dance more passionately then ANYONE!!!

Vaughn informed me he had a 2.5 hr soulful set that I missed. I was soooooooo pissed!!!

Sheldon's set

It would truly be a disservice to name tracks I died to.... The whole set was absoloutely beautiful. Soulful house. incredible latin tracks, fantastic vocals. The crowd was clapping like crazy, the vibe was amazing. Everyone who has not heard Sheldon spin it truly is a special journey.

I had a blast during his 2 hrs I could have been there another 10. Just bomb after bomb he was relentless on the decks never letting me stop once from dancing. He would bust out with all the classic lust tracks that we all love so much. And then he would take it down and play some sexy house with some jazzy riffs. Twice, myself and catalina had to walk outside to take a breathe just from dancing so hard all nite to Sheldon and Vaughn. NOW THAT IS QUALITY HOUSE!!!

It truly is my pleasure to come out and support Sheldon and Vaughn . The only thing I hate is that this party is once a month at Blue.

Speaking of Blue, they had the sound system finally set at an appropriate level. It was perfect.....

Around 415 I left just when Housedivision was takin the decks.

Till next week.......

...Around 415 I left just when Housedivision was takin the decks.

Till next week.......

How could you??? JC consistently drops some bugged-out funkiness whenever he spins. Check him out at Laundry Bar or The Whitelaw on saturdays. You won't be disappointed! :D