Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling's Review of Cafeteria

Bling

This past Wednesday, I was not sure if I was going to be "IN" or not. I originally wanted to go to Amika to check out A3 tv's second year party w/ Darude, but when I found out Vida Guerra was hosting I changed my mind.

I got to Cafeteria reallllllllly early as I worked till 7 pm then pretty much chilled in Lincoln Road. I got there early so I called Rocky to ask when he woud get there. LOL. While I was waiting Shawn Rudnick pulled up in his SUV and 5 min later Rocky along with Dan.

Being the first time going to Cafeteria on a Non-Roland nite i was not sure what to expect. I was not disappointed.

Lots of board members were "IN" despite it being a lot less crowded then I normally see it on Roland nites. Also, there was a lot of guys and hardly any females (in large part due to Vida being there and uhh her large part )

Cpers and Junkies in da house included : Renzo, Grooveeric, Koky, Turbo (rick), Karin, Ardis, Diaga, Rolly, Andrew Chibale, Biz, David Orth, Digital7, Miriam and Michelle.

Rocky was first to take the decks around 1030 pm. THe nite started off with a soulful flair. Shawn even told me "Im gonna play some deep house for ya bling cuz i know u like it " (good stuff)

Standout track played in the nite for me was:

1) eSamba-classic patio track (always fun to hear)

Also I noticed throught the nites, Shawn and Rocky threw down some tracks by: "Junior Jack, Little Louie Vega, some Defected stuff and even Prince!!!"

The music ranged from vocal house to funky house then it shifted over toward some 80's old skool stuff. Not really hip hop but more soo "rock" at certain times.

The vibe though I thought was lacking. Not many people were dancing. It was more a huge social gathering. Not that that is bad but I didnt feel the vibe that I felt the previous time when Roland spun.

Of course the obligatory industry folks showed up including Bruno, and Cedric.

Around 1 am or so Bruno took the decks. As he was using Shawn's vinyls and cd's of course, he sounded a lot different then he normally does. Nevertheless the second he took the decks he definitly made the room his own as Rocky and Shawn had done. With a noticeable harder undertone, Bruno started to throw down some good stuff.

The hostess to this party was Vida Guerra. She arrived around 12 w/ her crew. Unfortunately she just went right to the back little booth and just sat down. She was interviewed by "The Roof" back there as well. I was disappointed she didnt really mingle with anyone or take pics. A big difference from our very own Tonie who was an awesome hostess. I was told later on after I left around 115 she did come out and mingle with everyone which is really cool

Neverthless, Vida still looked really hot. Wearing some jeans and a blue sexy top. When she walked past me I almost forgot how short she was!!!! She must be 5'0 -5'2 tops!!

As always had fun watching the spokesperson of Cafeteria dance like only she can. Michelle was sporting off her funkyness as always. Tried to get round 2 of "holding hands" pic but she wasnt going for it

Overall, had a very nice time at Cafeteria and will be back "IN" when Roland returns

Damn Bling, you didnt even go to Amika?? Thats not a very nice way to treat Buster...the guy that introduced you to Tiesto. :tongue:

:( i know....... on a wed its sooooo tough. just started talkin to shawn and rocky and it was already past 12 by the time i looked and the list cut off :( plus amika wasnt open yet when i passed by around 1015 and cafeteria was it was hot as balls out :(

party sounded awesome based on becky's great review :)