Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling's Review of Amika Friday's w/ Shawn Rudnick

Bling

Amika lounge and discotheque is truly the pinnacle of what south beach nitelife is all about. Tonite was an iunforgettable nite highlighted by gorgeous women, dancers, incredible music by Shawn and Rocky, an incredible vibe and.... did i say hot ass women ?

I arrived around 1030 pm as I knew it was a playboy private party that nite. Unfortunatly the club opened at 11 so I had to wait at least 30 min. Once 11 passed, they started to take people in the guest list line in. Since I was alone and a GUY. I had a long wait. Every girl in the line was basically brought to the front and let in first. It didnt really annoy me though as I knew the "PROMISED LAND" lay before me inside.

I entered and the first thing i noticed was that the room was darker (finally!!!) Inside, I bump into Lotto and Seth (great to hang with u guys most of the nite), as well as Pod, Biz, Carisa, Greg(stryke), Michelle and Rick. Also in the house was Buster who was dancin his ass off on the dj booth and on the platforms

Commanding the decks was of all people, Rocky Castro. I was definitly pleasently surprised to see him spinning at such a great venu.

As I stood by the booth a few of us got to taste what pod called the "rat poison" shot....... Great stuff. Afterwards, I followed it up with a Red bull vodka, so basically what I am saying is that : I WAS REALLLLLLLY HAPPY for a while

The club was slammed with beautiful women and dancers and playboy girls. I had originally thought I would take an entire roll of pics but it was quite hard to get pics with the dancers, though I did get a few. (cant wait to post em)

Shawn's set was truly incredible tonite. Starting off with some soulful house (very sheldonesque), he just built it up and up , higher and higher making the crowd dance in a fit of sound and fury.

Bomb after bomb, every track had me dancing and smiling. Shawn truly has the crown jewel of residencies in south beach. If i were a dj myself, Amika would be the club I would spin at. With gorgeous women all over the place and a fantastic vibe who would not want to play that room ?

Later on that nite a drummer added even more vibe to the room by pounding away to the beats that Shawn was delivering all nite long.

Speaking of the women..... Unfreakinbelievable!!! The dancers blew me away like never before at a club.

They had 5 or so dancers on the bar. One had a red corset, her bosom clearly accentuated!!! She was dancing on the bar with a hot blonde in black latex.. Later on hot girls from the crowd joined them up there as well.

Around this time, the guys started to tip the women dancing and putting dollar bills in their bra's, garter belts, etc. I had to join the fun!! As Dan's pics will show in the gallery!!!

Later on that nite the girl in the red corset went buck wild she was on the back bar and pouring water all over herself, dancing so damn sexy, grinding the bar and dancing with this other girl and kissing her at times...... WOW !!! Water was flying everywhere spraying even myself. It was great!!

Other dancers througout the nite were three girls dressed as Snow White, Little Bo Peep and Cinderella . So sexy..... They came out before that though wearing these glow in the dark type suits and very bright and colorful wigs.

Overall, their outfits truly accentuated the nite........ PURE unadulterated fantasy!!!

Between watching the incredible dancers perform, and hearing Shawn tear it up it was a spectacular nite.

Thanks again Shawn and Rocky for letting me chill in the booth for a bit. Great view from that booth no question about it.

Those of you who have not come out to ck out Amika on Friday's its an absoloute must........ next week I plan to attend as well, as a special opener from our very own boards will open for Shawn just like Rocky did tonite.