Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling's Review of Bad Boy Bill and Boris@Crobar

Bling

Whom can convert South Beach's infamous nightclub into a fit of sound and fury? Who can give birth to a sea of estatic clubgoers reveling in the waves of energy produced from his hands? BAD BOY BILL

Crobar and its patrons were not....could not be ready for what descended upon them. Boris one of New York's finest and Chicago House legend Bad Boy Bill created a tidal wave of energy and passion infusing all those along for the ride.

From the start, the beats were pounding. 11 pm, the mayhem began. Hard, pounding house music. The energy level was redlining at such an early hour that I anticipated a hurricane of beats and dancing bodies when all was said and done.

Bad Boy Bill took around midnight and with his entrance he brought along the history and spirit of Chicago house. The venu was at full capacity and then some. A stage was situated right before the dj booth to give the few clubbers up there the ability to watch Bad Boy Bill and Boris command the room with style.

I too found myself perched atop watching in awe at Bad Boy Bill's technical prowess. His scratching abilites and mixing abilities were fantastic. If "scratching" is an artform, then Bad Boy Bill is akin to Picasso and James Zabiela a Rembrandt. These two dj's are the only two dj's I have seen who's ability to scratch vinyls have floored me.

The vibe and energy within the hallowed hall of Crobar was as passionate and energetic as the music that Bill was expounding. He truly had complete control over the crowd. All he had to do is pull our strings and the crowd danced till they could no more. He truly was the puppetmaster and we were his "puppets".

Bad Boy Bill and Boris upon their return to their respective States, will have indeed left a lasting impression upon all those in attendance this evening.

The obligatory shoutouts.

It was a pleasure seeing a few board members out and about.

I had a great time hanging with you Becky(patois). Great to also see BCNJunkie(Jorge). Looking foward to reading both of your views on the nite as well. I also would like to shout out to Attomic as well as Lilly, Luis and Sasha who i saw very briefly, as I was all over the venu this evening. And of course it was awesome to see my beautiful coworker Sharon and her friends from L.A. Also in attendance was Buster (i cracked myself up when I told him . "Buster omg im dressed flashier then you are for once.... I was wearing my very shiny dragon shirt" ) Of course, great to see the host of this event Colby. (good to see ur feeling better after yesterday's ordeal) and last but not least Andrew Thomas.

His scratching abilites and mixing abilities were fantastic. If "scratching" is an artform, then Bad Boy Bill is akin to Picasso and James Zabiela a Rembrandt. These two dj's are the only two dj's I have seen who's ability to scratch vinyls have floored me.

Oh yeah, that's right...that was great to see BBB do that...I have some great memories of New York and a tag-team of DJs showing off their scratching skills....just amazing how they use the turntable just like percussion....it's like their drumpad...and BBB was always dead on with the track rhythm....incredible to watch!