Clubplanet Nightlife Community

For the drum n bass heads of the board...

quoth

NYC needs some DnB.

I once tried going out with some freinds to a place i read was a "Drum n Bass Lounge". The description sounded great. We went there and it was a "top 40 type of place." Grr. We still got pissed drunk and had a good time, but yeah. DnB would be veeeeeeeeeeeryy nice.

btw, i lost my fav dnb cd and i just remembered how much i love it. :(

i think Avalon should really consider pulling in Dieselboy, Aphrodite or AK1200 for a DnB party night...not like they wouldn't attract a crowd...

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

indeed, i'd go anywhere in NYC for Dieselboy and I seen Aphrodite a few times, love him to. Not a fan of AK1200 though, too chaotic.

dsl was at sullivan room this summer with ak1200 and dara for their potd tour-- twas hot.

but there is plenty of dnb to be had in nyc right now: saturday direct drive @ rare, mondays konkrete jungle is still rocking, camoflauge is on tuesdays, plus I heard that Agency (they did the thursday nite dnb parties at avalon last winter) is doing a Friday nite room each week at Ikon...

Plenty of dnb around, just gotta look.

did anyone check out dieselboys "dungeon masters guide" cd??? i bought it a few weeks ago and i was pretty impressed with some tracks off of it.. had some weird remixes of sasha, tiesto, josh wink and dumonde... hot!!

but can someone please ID the track i mentioned above....

i think it's a track by both dj craze and adam f... they spun it at wmc and it was on the wmc movie... it was something like "chicago's war" or minnestoa cartel... something like that... please help... thanks

what about tronic treatment and robots? u saying those parties didnt take off?

Seriously.

The past year or so I've seen A LOT of breaks parties surface. I'm not even going to speak for Techno because i believe that speaks for itself...but ESPECIALLY since the start of the summer, breakbeat parties are more prominent. You seriously MUST know where to go/look for them.

For more specific info...nubreaks.com

edit: ...and even more specifically

Clap your hands everybody

If you got what it takes

'Cause I'm Kurtis Blow and I want you to know

That these are the breaks

Breakes on a bus brakes on a car

Breaks to make you a superstar

Breaks to win and breaks to lose

But these here breaks will rock your shoes

And these are the breaks

Break it up break it up break it up!

If your woman steps out with another man

(That's the breaks that's the breaks)

And she runs off with him to Japan

And the IRS says they want to chat

And you can't explain why you claimed your cat

And Ma Bell sends you a whopping bill

With eighteen phone calls to Brzil

And you borrowed money from the mob

And yesterday you lost your job

Well, these are the breaks

Break it up, break it up, break it up

Throw your hands up in the sky

And wave 'em 'round from side to side

And if youdeserve a break tonight

Somebody say alright!

(All right) Say ho-oo!

(Ho-oo!) And you don't stop

Keep on, somebody scream!

(Owwwww!) Break down!

Breaks on a stage, breaks on a screen

Breaks to make your wallet lean

Breaks run cold and breaks run hot

Some folks got 'em and some have not

But these are the breaks

Break it up, break it up, break it up!

Break down!

To the girl in brown, stop messing around

(Break it up, break it up)

To the guy in blue, whatcha gonna do?

To the girl in green, don't be so mean

And the guy in red, say what I said

Break down!

Brakes on a plane, brakes on a train

Breaks to make you go insane

Breaks in love, breaks in war

But we got the breaks to get you on the floor

And these are the breaks

Break down! Yo!

Just do it, just do it, just do it, do it, do it!

You say last week you met the perfect guy

(That's the breaks, that's the breaks)

And he promised you the stars in the sky

He said his Cadilac was gold

But he didn't say it was ten years old

He tok you out to the Red Coach grill

But he forgot the cash and you paid the bill

And he told you the story of his life

But he forgot the part about...his wife! Huh! Huh!

Well, these are the breaks!

Break down!

Seriously.

The past year or so I've seen A LOT of breaks parties surface. I'm not even going to speak for Techno because i believe that speaks for itself...but ESPECIALLY since the start of the summer, breakbeat parties are more prominent. You seriously MUST know where to go/look for them.

For more specific info...nubreaks.com

edit: ...and even more specifically

upcoming breaks party.. :)

exactly my luv :heart:

breakbeat is coming up in nyc.......what i honestly think is going down the drain is trance.....i dont even know where to look for a trance party besides ikon...

i think i actually saw something somewhere about a tsunami party sometime soon....don't remember details tho.

there are just as many breaks parties as there have ever been (at least since 97, when i moved here), however, they are still MOSTLY held at small capacity lounges and they still are not as big or get as much attention as in other cities or countries.

All the BIG names in DNB and Breaks DJ's have tried playing big nights here in the city at one time or another and most of the parties were empty and had no vibe whatsoever. Thats why they dont return (except in the plump dj's case)

Having lived in Jacksonville, FL for a while, I am a HUGE fan of breakbeat, but have not seen a consistently good night here in the city for a while.

Also, i find that people call their parties "techbreakselectro.....yadayada" hillarious.

And being born and raised in Detroit, I guess the tech nights here are just uncomparable (presently).

just my 2 cents.

hey guys. this is elliott from The Agency (the guy who did the avalon parties). I have a party on thursdays at sullivan room (218 sullivan street --- between bleeker and west 3rd st) called DELUXE, now. i am bringing pendulum on thursday, nov 11th. next week, thursday, oct 21st, is marky and xrs. tonight at DELUXE is FAKTION. if you haven't heard the dj/ production foursome behind "america's longest running weekly", Konkrete Jungle, tonight you can for $2 before midnight and $5 after at sullivan room. the issue with the ikon friday party is that is was happening and is still being advertised by the club but was pulled by the club 3 days before the grand opening. keep posted to www.drumandbusinessasusual.com (drum and business as usual). This is the new The Agency website. it will be up soon. in the meantime stick to www.sullivanroom.com. thanks for the support and if i don't see you guys tonight (thursday october 14th), hopefully i will in the future.

this is a friends log in name. you can reach me at agencydnb@hotmail.com. if you would like to be part of the "agency nyc dnb wake up call" weekly email newsletter, just email me at the address above saying that you would like to be added to the Agency wakeup call mailout.

dnb is coming back but will not go nowhere without your support. for further info, go the the events section of the breakbeat science message board. www.breakbeatscience.com

hey guys. this is elliott from The Agency (the guy who did the avalon parties). I have a party on thursdays at sullivan room (218 sullivan street --- between bleeker and west 3rd st) called DELUXE, now. i am bringing pendulum on thursday, nov 11th. next week, thursday, oct 21st, is marky and xrs. tonight at DELUXE is FAKTION. if you haven't heard the dj/ production foursome behind "america's longest running weekly", Konkrete Jungle, tonight you can for $2 before midnight and $5 after at sullivan room. the issue with the ikon friday party is that is was happening and is still being advertised by the club but was pulled by the club 3 days before the grand opening. keep posted to www.drumandbusinessasusual.com (drum and business as usual). This is the new The Agency website. it will be up soon. in the meantime stick to www.sullivanroom.com. thanks for the support and if i don't see you guys tonight (thursday october 14th), hopefully i will in the future.

this is a friends log in name. you can reach me at agencydnb@hotmail.com. if you would like to be part of the "agency nyc dnb wake up call" weekly email newsletter, just email me at the address above saying that you would like to be added to the Agency wakeup call mailout.

dnb is coming back but will not go nowhere without your support. for further info, go the the events section of the breakbeat science message board. www.breakbeatscience.com

marky and xrs.... nice... i have one of their records and a remix i think.. i like the funky, jump uppity type jungle.. im not into the dark, gritty dnb.. who knows though... i say i'll go to a lot of events...

there are just as many breaks parties as there have ever been (at least since 97, when i moved here), however, they are still MOSTLY held at small capacity lounges and they still are not as big or get as much attention as in other cities or countries.

All the BIG names in DNB and Breaks DJ's have tried playing big nights here in the city at one time or another and most of the parties were empty and had no vibe whatsoever. Thats why they dont return (except in the plump dj's case)

Having lived in Jacksonville, FL for a while, I am a HUGE fan of breakbeat, but have not seen a consistently good night here in the city for a while.

Also, i find that people call their parties "techbreakselectro.....yadayada" hillarious.

And being born and raised in Detroit, I guess the tech nights here are just uncomparable (presently).

just my 2 cents.

since I was introduced to breakbeat, i've only heard of parties in smaller more intimate venues.

Once in a while they've tried bigger rooms, but...wouldn't you rather have breaks in a more intimate setting?

I know I would/ do.