The Smiths / Morrissey

OMD

Ministry ('81-'84)

The Cure

Yaz

Pet Shop Boys

Erasure

Frankie Goes To Hollywood

The list goes on & on & on ...... I have a HUGE collection of this type of stuff, let me know if your interested.

very interested... been on this newwave kick the past couple of weeks... dont know why, now searching out new tracks... thanks for the help...

depeche mode recently released a massive "best of" set, including a disc of remixes.

goldfrapp's remix of "halo" is dreamy :drool:

you may want to look into some electroclash producers as well if you like this sound.

New Order

Depeche Mode

Human League

Dead Or Alive

Tears For Fears

The Smiths / Morrissey

OMD

Ministry ('81-'84)

The Cure

Yaz

Pet Shop Boys

Erasure

The list goes on & on & on ...... I have a HUGE collection of this type of stuff, let me know if your interested.

I must also add The Cars, Talk Talk, Missing Persons, Thomas Dolby, Flock of Seagulls...and even Duran Duran can be considered New Wave to some extent.

Btw Yaz is one of my fave bands EVER...check out the whole album of Upstairs at Eric's...was soo ahead of it's time.

Also random tidbit of music info: original keyboardist to DM (a la Just Can't Get Enough), quit DM then formed Yaz, then headed over to form Erasure. That's why all those bands (Well, DM in their early yrs anyway) have a similar sound :).

• 5 months later...
New Order

Depeche Mode

Human League

Dead Or Alive

Tears For Fears

The Smiths / Morrissey

OMD

Ministry ('81-'84)

The Cure

Yaz

Pet Shop Boys

Erasure

I love this type of shit man. Def interested in getting some $hit from ya... :bounce:

Also, forgot to mention the bands:

Red Flag

Celebrate the Nun

and the others I know were already mentioned. The natural progression for me after new wave was techno in the late 80s, early 90s and then house and trance later.

As for Yaz's 'Upstairs at Eric's, just bought the LP vinyl on eBay! Def one of the best albums ever IMO. Like some1 else said, way way b4 its time.

Some1 mentioned a person leaving DM to Yaz then to Erasure. The person was Vince Clarke, IMO, one of the pioneers in electronic music. He produced sounds for all these bands that was unparelled.

He's still with Erasure, who happened to be one of my fav bands. They have a new single out 'Breathe.'

OMD - 'So In Love' is one of my all-time favs

and who could forget 'Everything Counts' by DM.

Also, Allison Moyet of Yaz came out with an album in 1993-1994. Single from the album that was good was 'Whispering your name.'

Im surprised no1 mentioned some industrial bands like Front 242?! Awesome band with some bangin dance tunes from back n the day.

Also, forgot to mention the bands:

Red Flag

Celebrate the Nun

and the others I know were already mentioned. The natural progression for me after new wave was techno in the late 80s, early 90s and then house and trance later.

As for Yaz's 'Upstairs at Eric's, just bought the LP vinyl on eBay! Def one of the best albums ever IMO. Like some1 else said, way way b4 its time.

Some1 mentioned a person leaving DM to Yaz then to Erasure. The person was Vince Clarke, IMO, one of the pioneers in electronic music. He produced sounds for all these bands that was unparelled.

He's still with Erasure, who happened to be one of my fav bands. They have a new single out 'Breathe.'

OMD - 'So In Love' is one of my all-time favs

and who could forget 'Everything Counts' by DM.

Also, Allison Moyet of Yaz came out with an album in 1993-1994. Single from the album that was good was 'Whispering your name.'

Im surprised no1 mentioned some industrial bands like Front 242?! Awesome band with some bangin dance tunes from back n the day.

Nice! I have two copies of Upstairs at Eric's on LP myself ;)

I love Alison Moyet's voice...very deep and soulful. Funny though, when I was younger I always thought it was a guy singing...it wasn't till I got older that I realized it was a girl.

As for the industrial bands, I'm not quite sure you can consider them in the new wave category (more dark dance if anything), though they are very much synth inspired as well. I always considered industrial...well, just industrial. If anybody is interested in that though, obviously Ministry and NIN (Pretty Hate Machine is still Trent's best album EVER IMO) are key bands to check out.