Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pawn Shop Lounge???

nden1078

I was there for the opening. The crowd and music were just very strange. I didn't like it at all, but it does have some really great potential. Club openings almost always suck any way... The space works fine, it just didn't seem finished & sounded like ass (needed loads of bass) the mids were killin me. Security was way too obvious; every place you looked there was some big goon looming over you in a black suit (didn't work at all w/ the low brow kitch theme & was really obnoxious) It has some cool elements like the old Air Stream camper & School Bus but the overall decor needs a lot more as far as the details to pull it all together. Any theme spot gets tired real quick. They need to back it up with content. ie: good music & some original ideas. Not Paris Hilton lip syncing (opening night) which may have gotten them some press but please... there are a million ways to get great press without having to stoop that low. We're hoping to work on that for at least 1 night anyway. We'll bring in some extra sound, freak the place out w/ visuals, add - Dj Harvey, pack it w/ a funky ass Aquabooty crowd & shake well... :bounce: