Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Adding oatmeal to shakes

ovrdose

anybody here try it, i was really lazy today and didn't feel like cooking anything before heading to the gym so i just threw in a half cup or so of oatmeal into the blender with the rest of my shake. tastes pretty good, but being uncooked does it affect the digestion as far as how long it takes?

also anybody know any other good sources of carbs to make a homemade MR shake? i already have a half a banana in there as well with milk...delicious

uncooked oats are fine. But, why did you feel you needed it. Are you shooting for a certain amount of protein and carbs or did you just want to throw something into the blender to eat???

I guess what I am asking is: Did your shake mix not already have x protein and x carbs or was it just protein???

Nautica

yea i just didn't feel like cooking a meal, i hadn't eaten any carbs since lunch and didn't wanna feel dead at the gym. i use ON protein and it has like a gram or two per serving so there's nothing in there as far as carbs go.

i got the idea from this recipe that i saw online for protein pancakes, they have cottage cheese, oatmeal, egg whites, and some sweetener and vanilla mixed in for flavoring. i've made them a whole bunch of times and they were really good btw, mmm, i think i'll make some tonight.