Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Curse Has Not Been Reversed!

marconj

From the beginning of the season I predicted the Red Sox would finally beat the Yankees this year. The reason - pitching. You win with pitching, not offense and it finally caught up to them. In my opinion, El Duque should have started Game 7, not Brown and based on the results, not a bad idea.

The Yankees need to STOP spending so much money on homerun talent that fills the seats and get back to small ball that wins games - the same reason they lost last year in the World Series. Anyways I tip my hat to Red Sox, coming back after being down 3-0. The Yankees deserved to lose, Boston beat our best in Games 4 and 5. Unfortunately they had to make history against a team with the highest payroll of all time. Good signs from Alex though, with a little pitching help, we'll be back next year. No doubt! George should NEVER have let Pettite go, that was the first step of the Yankees undoing (even though he was hurt in Houston). Go National League, 1918 stands for the Sox not winning the World Series. They havent won anything yet!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah they should of kept pettite, and not signed vasquez. Are you even on planet earth. Pettites elbow was garbage, the yanks knew this, if he was in new york he would still have been out for the year.

Yankees biggest choke in history

dont sweat it...ur team will go out next year and buy more players...this time they should invest in buying some pitching....:tongue:

Make no mistake... If the Sox go on to win the WS, you will have bought a championship. The Sox may buy Buicks while the Yanks buy Cadilacs but almost all your key players have been bought...

Make no mistake... If the Sox go on to win the WS, you will have bought a championship. The Sox may buy Buicks while the Yanks buy Cadilacs but almost all your key players have been bought...

LOL he's not a Red Sox fan..

And Jesse - I know this already - Beltran is almost a DEFINITE now. I was telling some people last nite how Cashman was probally on the phone with Beltran's agent the minute the last out was recorded last nite.

settle down folks. DO i really care aout what happened in the 20's? Fuck no. I could give two shits about 26 rings. Thats like m ebringing up the celtics banners.Well not really cause they have not won since like the 80's but you get my point.

Anyway do not be mad next year the yanks will reload, and I will be the one crying, but for right now I WILL BE HAPPY GOD DAM IT AND YOU CAN NOT TAKE THAT FROM ME.

settle down folks. DO i really care aout what happened in the 20's? Fuck no. I could give two shits about 26 rings. Thats like m ebringing up the celtics banners.Well not really cause they have not won since like the 80's but you get my point.

Anyway do not be mad next year the yanks will reload, and I will be the one crying, but for right now I WILL BE HAPPY GOD DAM IT AND YOU CAN NOT TAKE THAT FROM ME.

but that is the point within the past 10 yrs yanks have been to 6 series and won 4 of them and have beaten boston a couple of times to do it ...alll with in the past 10 yrs

and no wouldnt tyr to take it away from you , i now know the feeling you sox fans have had hundres of times over

but you better make it count the next series cuz the 1918 chant will still ring in all of your chowderheads if you come up short

Just like nearly every team in the majors.

Sox fan? who said i was Red Sox fan? i am a Marlin fan..ooooppppssss...touchy subject as well....:tongue:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

thats funny that you would even bring this up.

yankees is around 187

the sox is what 122

St louis is around 90

houston is around 80

We are within 40 mill of houston

while you are 100 mill over

See we are in the same boat while you guys are not. So please do not bring up payroll and buying players.Thanks

LOL he's not a Red Sox fan..

And Jesse - I know this already - Beltran is almost a DEFINITE now. I was telling some people last nite how Cashman was probally on the phone with Beltran's agent the minute the last out was recorded last nite.

i swear...ur the only Yankee fan that i would consider marrying.... :love:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

thats funny that you would even bring this up.

yankees is around 187

the sox is what 122

St louis is around 90

houston is around 80

We are within 40 mill of houston

while you are 100 mill over

See we are in the same boat while you guys are not. So please do not bring up payroll and buying players.Thanks

That wasn't the point. The point was this.

Here are your better players:

Damon - Free Agent signing

Foulke - Free Agent signing

Manny - Free agent signing

Ortiz - Waiver Claim (thunbs up to the Sox for this one)

Schilling - Trade but only because Arizona couldn't / wouldn't pay him

Pedro - Trade but only because Montreal couldn't / wouldn't pay him

Varitek - Farm System?

Trot - Farm System?

My point was the majority of your best players are either signings or acquired because other teams couldn't afford to keep them. Yes, I know the Yankees have a much higher payroll and it will probably only getting higher, but when you buy players it doesn't matter how much you pay for them it's still buying...

That wasn't the point. The point was this.

Here are your better players:

Damon - Free Agent signing

Foulke - Free Agent signing

Manny - Free agent signing

Ortiz - Waiver Claim (thunbs up to the Sox for this one)

Schilling - Trade but only because Arizona couldn't / wouldn't pay him

Pedro - Trade but only because Montreal couldn't / wouldn't pay him

Varitek - Farm System?

Trot - Farm System?

My point was the majority of your best players are either signings or acquired because other teams couldn't afford to keep them. Yes, I know the Yankees have a much higher payroll and it will probably only getting higher, but when you buy players it doesn't matter how much you pay for them it's still buying...

tek was a trade that we got from seattle. Heathcliff slocumb for tek and d-lowe.

The trades you should not count because we used prospects to get them . Pavano was used for pedro.

We did get manny, who we tried to dump last year, foulke, thank god, and damon, thank god. We do lose draft picks for these signings so has the yanks that is why our system was bare a couple years ago and why your is now. But the yanks lost well/pettit so i do believe they got some good picks this year.

All the teams that made the playoffs are the same boat.

st louis-rolen/walker

houston-clemens

yankees-yeah

angels-colon/escobar

you get the point.

what i was saying with the payroll is if we are driving a buick so are the stros and cards while the yanks are flying in their own personal jet.

tek was a trade that we got from seattle. Heathcliff slocumb for tek and d-lowe.

The trades you should not count because we used prospects to get them . Pavano was used for pedro.

We did get manny, who we tried to dump last year, foulke, thank god, and damon, thank god. We do lose draft picks for these signings so has the yanks that is why our system was bare a couple years ago and why your is now. But the yanks lost well/pettit so i do believe they got some good picks this year.

All the teams that made the playoffs are the same boat.

st louis-rolen/walker

houston-clemens

yankees-yeah

angels-colon/escobar

you get the point.

what i was saying with the payroll is if we are driving a buick so are the stros and cards while the yanks are flying in their own personal jet.

Yeah, but from 96-00 the only times we spent were to keep our own players. From 00-now we spent on Moose, Giambi, A-Rod etc and ironically enough we haven't won shit since then...

I don't agree with your point on the trades because they didn't trade those players because they wanted to they traded them because they HAD to... If you had Pedro and Schilling in their prime and could afford to keep them you would be crazy to trade them. In my opinion trading a superstar for 434531234345 prospects is the same thing as signing that player...

its not only about the money, some players will not sign with teams because they do not like the team/city/manager/owner whatever. The yanks had the best players coming up in the league but still needed to sign paul oniell from cincy.

The thing with trades is that it is a gamble not all trades work out and then you have a shitty player and no prospects. That is why a smart gm is very important. A

ONE LAST TIME

WHO THE FUCK CARES HOW MUCH IS SPENT

BOSTON AND NEWYORK COULD SPEND DOLLAR FOR DOLLAR

it doesnt matter

obviously since the yanks havt won a wotrd series since 2000

money doesnt buy chapionships

SO ONCE AND FOR ALL DROP THE FUCKIN SUBJECT OF PAYROLL!

its not only about the money, some players will not sign with teams because they do not like the team/city/manager/owner whatever. The yanks had the best players coming up in the league but still needed to sign paul oniell from cincy.

The thing with trades is that it is a gamble not all trades work out and then you have a shitty player and no prospects. That is why a smart gm is very important. A

We didn't sign O'Neil, we traded Roberto Kelly straight up for him. At the time Roberto Kelly was an All Star.