Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bar location?

Anyone think a bar in the lower east side would be good? (around Houston St.) I wanna open my own club but i figure a bar would be cheaper to start out with, heard that area is kinda dead though specially since sept. 11th, anyone know if this is true?

from your post - i think you need to do more research.

some things to think about....

east or west houston st?

is there anythig for sale there?

if yes, is the price only for the venue? you buying, renting, leasing?

does it include the liquor license? dancing license?

why'd the last owner leave?

what other forms of entertainment are close by? - direct competition?

you gettin' an angel investor?

Anyone think a bar in the lower east side would be good? (around Houston St.) I wanna open my own club but i figure a bar would be cheaper to start out with, heard that area is kinda dead though specially since sept. 11th, anyone know if this is true?

Nope its not dead at all around there, but exactly where on Houston St. are you talking about, you have to narrow it down. And you need to do research on a location and check it out yourself before even considering. The type of bar you might want to open up might not fit in that area, so just go for yourself and find out, you cant let others tell you what its like

liquor liscence is a beaucoup duckettes, and a cabaret lisc. is even harder to get... but keep in mind and im sure youve heard this before when buying real estate its location location location and when starting a business its management management management... also when picking a location, keep in mind the theme or venue youre catering too... if youre going to open up a certain something make sure its in a community that fits that demographic... but most importantly, get a very good lawyer to review all your paperwork and do the proper investigations on the properties youre looking at...