Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dating a girl with a kid.

notallthere444

My freind just broke up with a girl that he loved becuase he knows it is the logical thing to do becuase she has a kid. I really dont know what kind of advice to give him because it comes down love VS Logic. I mean the babys father will always be around and the child will never be his own. Its a fucked up situation and i kinda am leaning towards beleiving he did the right thing,

Comments, Suggestions?

My freind just broke up with a girl that he loved becuase he knows it is the logical thing to do becuase she has a kid. I really dont know what kind of advice to give him because it comes down love VS Logic. I mean the babys father will always be around and the child will never be his own. Its a fucked up situation and i kinda am leaning towards beleiving he did the right thing,

Comments, Suggestions?

Why is it logical to break up with a girl if she has a kid? If you love her, you love her!

My dad married my mom even though she had a boy in another relationship. That didn't stop him from gettin jiggy with my mom and having a beautiful, handsome baby boy like me!

Love conquors all. Having a child from a previous relationship should not be the straw that breaks the bond. And if it is, that's stupid.

Why is it logical to break up with a girl if she has a kid? If you love her, you love her!

My dad married my mom even though she had a boy in another relationship. That didn't stop him from gettin jiggy with my mom and having a beautiful, handsome baby boy like me!

Love conquors all. Having a child from a previous relationship should not be the straw that breaks the bond. And if it is, that's stupid.

It is all about ideals and what you want. I’m sorry I don’t believe that there is one person for everyone and I don’t believe things are meant to be. I believe that people just meet and whatever. You can make a relationship what you want and a relationship is an investment. After the feeling of love passes and it gets down to the real shit love is not enough. The mind set that you have, that love will conquer all is the partial reason that the divorce rate is an all time high. People believe what you do and don’t think logically.

It is all about ideals and what you want. I’m sorry I don’t believe that there is one person for everyone and I don’t believe things are meant to be. I believe that people just meet and whatever. You can make a relationship what you want and a relationship is an investment. After the feeling of love passes and it gets down to the real shit love is not enough. The mind set that you have, that love will conquer all is the partial reason that the divorce rate is an all time high. People believe what you do and don’t think logically.

im sorry that you feel that way

I know plenty of people that have gotten into relationships with sig. others that have had children in other relationships. That is just a common thing in modern culture. Whether their old spouse passed away, divorced, broke up, or one was illegitimate.

I don't believe there is someone for everyone, but i do believe that love is the most powerful force on this planet (more powerful than money, and i;ll debate that, but on another thread), and love can bring 2 people together despite them having kids or whatnot...

It's not always easy having a sig. other with a kid. Even if you love the kid, there are alwasy factors that effect the relationship. Maybe the ex or kid's other parent is a real pain to deal with or talks shit, etc. I love my honey's daughter but things are not always as easy as just loving them. Good luck!

It's not always easy having a sig. other with a kid. Even if you love the kid, there are alwasy factors that effect the relationship. Maybe the ex or kid's other parent is a real pain to deal with or talks shit, etc. I love my honey's daughter but things are not always as easy as just loving them. Good luck!

I see what you're saying, but why even deal with your sig other's ex? SHouldn't they be out of the picture by now :confused:

there will be one point in the relationship that will bring u down. Theres gonna be a point where no matter what or how much you've done to that child, u will have to deal with 4 cold words. there can be one night where its getting late and you ask that child to put their bike away. and they'll come back and the 4 words are "your not my daddy." It will be like a smack in the face or a kick to the stomach. Very painful words to deal with.

I see what you're saying, but why even deal with your sig other's ex? Shouldn't they be out of the picture by now :confused:

they were never actually together but they still have to communicate for the kids sake and my honey is always getting shit from this chic cuz of whatever the reason of the week is. she's always broke, can't pay her bills, talks shit cuz we live together but aren't married, late to pick the kid up, late to drop her off or does stuff on his weekend. it never stops! i love my fiance and will be there for him til the end but it isn't always easy.

I see what you're saying. Loving the kid and having a comfortable relationship is not a guarantee. Some kids may be bitter at you for what they think is trying to take their other parent's place. Sometimes problems between the parent and child rub off on your relatuionship with their parent. I'm not saying that love is the answer to everything and that it will solve all problems with the child, just that without due reason I don't agree with breaking up just because the other has a child and you don't want him/her in your life. That may or may not be the reason why his friend broke up with the woman, and this may not be as easy done as said, I'm just saying that if nothing negative is in the way then hopefully your love for the parent would equate to loving and accepting the child. But again, sometimes easier said than done. I'm not in that situation, and I have seen many times within my circles of friends and family, situations where there was adversity or some other problem that led to conflict between the person and their partner's child. Easier said than done, but hopefully love could ease the friction or negate it completely.

there will be one point in the relationship that will bring u down. Theres gonna be a point where no matter what or how much you've done to that child, u will have to deal with 4 cold words. there can be one night where its getting late and you ask that child to put their bike away. and they'll come back and the 4 words are "your not my daddy." It will be like a smack in the face or a kick to the stomach. Very painful words to deal with.

Point taken, point agreed with. I had a friend who was in love with his lady and very fond of the daughter, but those 4 words hurt him very bad.