Clubplanet Nightlife Community

380 tons of high grade explosives lost in Iraq

kramadas

NBCNEWS: CACHE OF EXPLOSIVES VANISHED FROM SITE IN IRAQ BEFORE TROOPS ARRIVED...

."

Geez , I guess that makes it better ....fact remains that if the war was better planned out , there wouldn't be nearly 700 hundred big car bombs (360 tons divided by 500lb per car bomb) flouting around iraq .

pathetic !

Geez , I guess that makes it better ....fact remains that if the war was better planned out , there wouldn't be nearly 700 hundred big car bombs (360 tons divided by 500lb per car bomb) flouting around iraq .

pathetic !

So, with the true facts coming out now, you still believe that these missing weapons were because of poor planning?......interesting when you consider :An NBCNEWS crew embedded with troops moved in to secure the Al-Qaqaa weapons facility on April 10, 2003, one day after the liberation of Iraq. According to NBCNEWS, the HMX and RDX explosives were already missing when the American troops arrived.

One day......or perhaps the senior Bush offical quoted was right and Kerry and Edwards havea point: "Let me get this straight, are Mr. Kerry and Mr. Edwards now saying we did not go into Iraq soon enough? We should have invaded and liberated Iraq sooner?"

How about all the weapons cache that have been secured around the country? How about all the weapons that have been destroyed?...How about the weapons cache that we didn't know about because Iraq was one giant weapons depot dispersed throughout the country(thanks to the French and Russians, among others).....

BTW--there is another underlying point here, and hopefully you understand the agenda....then again, your track record has proven that you do not, so my long-standing recommendation still holds: get an adult to help you....

What is pathetic is that Kerry/Edwards are using this as another absurd attack on the President, and useful idiots like you jump on it...

So, with the true facts coming out now, you still believe that these missing weapons were because of poor planning?......interesting when you consider :An NBCNEWS crew embedded with troops moved in to secure the Al-Qaqaa weapons facility on April 10, 2003, one day after the liberation of Iraq. According to NBCNEWS, the HMX and RDX explosives were already missing when the American troops arrived.

One day......or perhaps the senior Bush offical quoted was right and Kerry and Edwards havea point: "Let me get this straight, are Mr. Kerry and Mr. Edwards now saying we did not go into Iraq soon enough? We should have invaded and liberated Iraq sooner?"

How about all the weapons cache that have been secured around the country? How about all the weapons that have been destroyed?...How about the weapons cache that we didn't know about because Iraq was one giant weapons depot dispersed throughout the country(thanks to the French and Russians, among others).....

BTW--there is another underlying point here, and hopefully you understand the agenda....then again, your track record has proven that you do not, so my long-standing recommendation still holds: get an adult to help you....

What is pathetic is that Kerry/Edwards are using this as another absurd attack on the President, and useful idiots like you jump on it...

Exactly right.

A clubber w/ a degree in Political Science who works in Commercial Real Estate and gets it done during the week...

Just because you have a masters, work at the WB and rave til dawn doesnt mean a I do the same.

And if it was such a big f'ing deal, maybe they should have stuck around to guard it until our troops arrived since it was missing before we got there.

didnt you go to the Univ. of Florida for school?

If this truns out to be true, I don't give a fuck what side you are on, Bush or Kerry, this is shameful and disgusting, and represents a serious, serious problem in this country......

60 MINS PLANNED BUSH MISSING EXPLOSIVES STORY FOR ELECTION EVE

News of missing explosives in Iraq -- first reported in April 2003 -- was being resurrected for a 60 MINUTES election eve broadcast designed to knock the Bush administration into a crises mode.

Jeff Fager, executive producer of the Sunday edition of 60 MINUTES, said in a statement that "our plan was to run the story on October 31, but it became clear that it wouldn't hold..."

Elizabeth Jensen at the LOS ANGELES TIMES details on Tuesday how CBS NEWS and 60 MINUTES lost the story [which repackaged previously reported information on a large cache of explosives missing in Iraq, first published and broadcast in 2003].

The story instead debuted in the NYT. The paper slugged the story about missing explosives from April 2003 as "exclusive."

An NBCNEWS crew embedded with troops moved in to secure the Al-Qaqaa weapons facility on April 10, 2003, one day after the liberation of Iraq.

According to NBCNEWS, the explosives were already missing when the American troops arrived.

It is not clear who exactly shopped an election eve repackaging of the missing explosives story.

The LA TIMES claims: The source on the story first went to 60 MINUTES but also expressed interest in working with the NY TIMES... "The tip was received last Wednesday."

CBSNEWS' plan to unleash the story just 24 hours before election day had one senior Bush official outraged.

"Darn, I wanted to see the forged documents to show how this was somehow covered up," the Bush source, who asked not to be named, mocked, recalling last months CBS airing of fraudulent Bush national guard letters.

Developing...

Blah Blah Blah you mongol.............Bush planned to invade iraq a few weeks after 9/11 !!! ... nearly 2 years before going INTO iraq , giving him ample time to plan out a pre and post war strategy .... HE DIDN'T ! ,,,,,fact remains he is the commander in chief ..& NEEDSSS TO TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY for fuck ups... and not go " but. but sen. kerry saw the same intelligence i did " lol .

i've never seen such load of BS from a presidents such as this . incredible !

Blah Blah Blah you mongol.............Bush planned to invade iraq a few weeks after 9/11 !!! ... nearly 2 years before going INTO iraq , giving him ample time to plan out a pre and post war strategy .... HE DIDN'T ! ,,,,,fact remains he is the commander in chief ..& NEEDSSS TO TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY for fuck ups... and not go " but. but sen. kerry saw the same intelligence i did " lol .

i've never seen such load of BS from a presidents such as this . incredible !

Wow

If this truns out to be true, I don't give a fuck what side you are on, Bush or Kerry, this is shameful and disgusting, and represents a serious, serious problem in this country......

60 MINS PLANNED BUSH MISSING EXPLOSIVES STORY FOR ELECTION EVE

News of missing explosives in Iraq -- first reported in April 2003 -- was being resurrected for a 60 MINUTES election eve broadcast designed to knock the Bush administration into a crises mode.

Jeff Fager, executive producer of the Sunday edition of 60 MINUTES, said in a statement that "our plan was to run the story on October 31, but it became clear that it wouldn't hold..."

Elizabeth Jensen at the LOS ANGELES TIMES details on Tuesday how CBS NEWS and 60 MINUTES lost the story [which repackaged previously reported information on a large cache of explosives missing in Iraq, first published and broadcast in 2003].

The story instead debuted in the NYT. The paper slugged the story about missing explosives from April 2003 as "exclusive."

An NBCNEWS crew embedded with troops moved in to secure the Al-Qaqaa weapons facility on April 10, 2003, one day after the liberation of Iraq.

According to NBCNEWS, the explosives were already missing when the American troops arrived.

It is not clear who exactly shopped an election eve repackaging of the missing explosives story.

The LA TIMES claims: The source on the story first went to 60 MINUTES but also expressed interest in working with the NY TIMES... "The tip was received last Wednesday."

CBSNEWS' plan to unleash the story just 24 hours before election day had one senior Bush official outraged.

"Darn, I wanted to see the forged documents to show how this was somehow covered up," the Bush source, who asked not to be named, mocked, recalling last months CBS airing of fraudulent Bush national guard letters.

Developing...

How would I know if you work retail??? My point was that Im not some club kid who just sits around and does nothing. When Im on here Im taking a break. Relax...Devry :rofl:

By the way, what do you do for the World Bank?

I don't know where you got your degree. Anybody on a clubbing messageboard is related in some way to clubbing (otherwise it is silly to be involved in PA on a clubbing messageboard).

Work in applications development - develop simulation tools to help analyze poverty trends, forecasting, etc in developing countries.

Feel free to sweep this under the rug:

From CNN.com

October 26, 2004

The mystery surrounding the disappearance of 380 tons of powerful explosives from a storage depot in Iraq has taken a new twist, after a network embedded with the U.S. military during the invasion of Iraq reported that the material had already vanished by the time American troops arrived.

NBC News reported that on April 10, 2003, its crew was embedded with the U.S. Army's 101st Airborne Division when troops arrived at the Al Qaqaa storage facility south of Baghdad.

While the troops found large stockpiles of conventional explosives, they did not find HMX or RDX, the types of powerful explosives that reportedly went missing, according to NBC.

The International Atomic Energy Agency revealed Monday that it had been told two weeks ago by the Iraqi government that 380 tons of HMX and RDX disappeared from Al Qaqaa after Saddam Hussein's government fell.

In a letter to the IAEA dated October 10, Iraq's director of planning, Mohammed Abbas, said the material disappeared sometime after Saddam's regime fell in April 2003 …

Baghdad fell on April 9, 2003. According to NBC, troops from the 101st Airborne arrived the next day to find that the material was already gone.

Prior to the Iraq war, the high-grade explosives at Al Qaqaa had been under the control of IAEA inspectors because the material could be used as a component in a nuclear weapon, IAEA spokeswoman Melissa Fleming said. IAEA and other U.N. inspectors left the country in March 2003 before the fighting began on March 19.

White House spokesman Scott McClellan said Monday that five days after the IAEA received the letter from the Iraqi government, the agency alerted U.S. officials in Vienna, who in turn told National Security Director Condoleezza Rice. She then alerted Bush, McClellan said.

Once U.S. officials were alerted, the multinational force in Iraq and the Iraq Survey Group, charged with hunting for weapons in Iraq, were both ordered to investigate what was missing and the possible circumstances, according to State Department spokesman Adam Ereli.

"We, from the very beginning of Operation Iraqi Freedom, did everything we could to secure arms caches throughout the country," Ereli said. "But given the number of arms and the number of caches and the extent of militarization of Iraq, it was impossible to provide 100 percent security for 100 percent of the sites, quite frankly."

The news of the missing explosives followed an IAEA report earlier this month that said high-end, dual-use machinery that could be used in a nuclear weapons program was missing from Iraq's nuclear facilities. …

She described Al Qaqaa as "massive" and said it is one of the most well-known storage sites. Besides the explosives, it also held large caches of artillery.

Fleming said the IAEA, which is based in Vienna, Austria, did not know whether some of the explosives may have been used in past attacks.

The IAEA said that before the war it inspected the Al Qaqaa facility multiple times and verified that the material was present in January 2003. The agency said the material was mentioned in reports to the U.N. Security Council that were made public.

Ereli said coalition forces searched 32 bunkers and 87 other buildings at the Al Qaqaa facility after the war for weapons of mass destruction. The troops found none, but did see indications of looting, he said. Bush declared an end to major combat operations in Iraq on May 1, 2003.

"Some explosive material at the time was discovered, although none of it carried IAEA seals, and this discovery was reported to coalition forces for removal of the material," Ereli said.

Ereli said coalition forces have cleared 10,033 weapons caches and destroyed 243,000 tons of munitions. Another 162,898 tons of munitions are at secure locations and awaiting destruction, he said. ...

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/10/26/iraq.explosives/index.html

Like I said. Kerry will try and win by focusing on the uninformed.

wait you are al missing the point, there is 380 tons of explosives missing. I do not give a fuck whose fault it is, that is cause for concern.

HELLO STEP OUT OF YOUR POLITICAL CACCONS AND TRY TO FOCUS ON THE REAL PROBLEMS.

thank you

wait you are al missing the point, there is 380 tons of explosives missing. I do not give a fuck whose fault it is, that is cause for concern.

HELLO STEP OUT OF YOUR POLITICAL CACCONS AND TRY TO FOCUS ON THE REAL PROBLEMS.

thank you

I agree with you 100% but thats was not Kerry's intent was it??????

In a statement, Kerry senior adviser Joe Lockhart said, "the Bush administration must answer for what may be the most grave and catastrophic mistake in a tragic series of blunders in Iraq.

Some of the worst news to occur???

I would consider the massacre of 50 unarmed Iraqi solidiers in the desert worse news. But then again, I understand that these missing explosives are all the fault of President Bush so I understand why Mursa believes this is the worst news of the year.

How would this be worse. Not to mention the US is getting blamed for this also, by bushes buddy over there no-less. But i would take the 380 tons of explosives that could detonate a fucking nuclear devise as worse news then 50 dead soldiers. Just for the simple fact that this shit could kill 1000x more people.

How would this be worse. Not to mention the US is getting blamed for this also, by bushes buddy over there no-less. But i would take the 380 tons of explosives that could detonate a fucking nuclear devise as worse news then 50 dead soldiers. Just for the simple fact that this shit could kill 1000x more people.

That is assuming the explosives have been kept in one group. In other words, they could be using some here and some there making the nuclear device problem disappear. Lets hope this is the case.

cacoon that is what i meant to say.

well figure it this way 2000 pounds in a ton. 380x2000=760,000 pounds.

now we figure what 200 pounds per car bomb = 3800 car bombs.

I would say the going rate of people killed by car bomb is 15. 15x3800=57000 people killed.

sweet. glad i live here.

And the 50 dead isnt why I find this to be worse news. I find this to be worse news b/c these men were trying to serve their country. They wanted to help create peace in a new Iraq. Instead they were executed by their own countrymen. It just shows what a long road we have ahead of us there.

I think it's just fucking hillarious how you all missed the point. This was a hit job by your impartial media. just admit that the fucking media is biased damn. stop trying to bring other shit up to muddy the point of this thread. This shit happened a year and a half ago. we all knew that sites had missing weapons let it go you were Had by the media. just admit it and move on.

I think it's just fucking hillarious how you all missed the point. This was a hit job by your impartial media. just admit that the fucking media is biased damn. stop trying to bring other shit up to muddy the point of this thread. This shit happened a year and a half ago. we all knew that sites had missing weapons let it go you were Had by the media. just admit it and move on.

We established this point long ago. And I agree with you. The media wants to get Kerry elected. They are doing everything they can to accomplish this goal.

what?!?!?!?!

I am muddling the point.

380 TONS OF EXPLOSIVES ARE GONE. I do not care when they were taken or if anyone is at fault, I am worries because that is a fuck load of explosives. You are muddling the point by saying shit about the media, who gives a fuck about the media. When that shit gets smuggled into europe and these fuck bags blow up something there then maybe you will care.

380 tons would take more than 40 massive trucks to move. Do you guys really believe that 40 truck loads filled with 380 tons of bombs where moved right under our noses and bypassed out satellites, spy planes and troops ?????? Just can't accept this one yet !!!!!!

Perspective people perspective !!!!!!!

Please do not fall for Kerry's tactics. Again he is targeting the uninformed. Do your own research.

so you are saying it was not there to begin with?

I was also under the assumption that this was pretty dense shit, meaning it would not take up as much space as other shit.

Fact of the matter is that in any type of War, there needs to be a pre-plan and a post-war plan ..

... and clearly this wasn't followed .

What ever happened to intelligence ? How could we not know that there were 360 tons of high grade explosives in huge storage houses ?

This somewhat reinforces the theory that Bush rushed into War .

well if this was done before we were there then really there was nothing we could do. Now i do not know why we did not target this place with tomahawks. Maybe in a residential area?

BUt if this shit happened while we were there then someone made a whole bunch of money.