Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I'm sick and tired of.......

Newjack promoters, DJs, door personel, etc. thinking that they run the city....

Whatever happened to putting in your dues and earning people's respect?

Does anyone feel me on this?

You'd never find someone who's been spinning for 2 years playing the main floor of the Palladium, or a 17 year old high school kid being a club's head promoter...

Sorry... had to vent.....aggghhhhhhh!

------------------

Upcoming Gigs:

Weds Nov. 22nd - (Thanksgiving Eve) - Plush, Long Island FREE ADMISSION!

Fri Nov. 24th - Cream, NYC

Sat Nov. 25th - Arena, Albany, NY

www.djrussreign.com

NY METS 2000 NL CHAMPS!

Guest crystalmethodny

Amen.

Newjack... LOL

Newjack Blowjobs?

Hmm, I've... heard... that term somewhere... in the past!

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

"I think of you, how I used to do on Sunday Afternoons."

www.extremegroove.com

Nah nothing in particular....

Just getting sick of seeing friends get screwed over by some "newjack blowjobs" lol

not that all newjacks are blowjobs either, so to the cool peeps I didn't mean to offend anyone smile.gif

Originally posted by blueangel:

Hmmmm . . .where is all this anger coming from? Did something happen recently? cwm13.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

Upcoming Gigs:

www.djrussreign.com

NY METS 2000 NL CHAMPS!

eh...it makes me sick, you know how i feel...i always voice my opinion, but just the way it goes, suck it up and work harder and it'll work out...gotta talk to you about something that im doing by the way...so give me a call when you get a chance or email me for my digits...its on the DL right now...

------------------

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

tit.gif

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

Vicious, if you are reading this, do you remember that article we were talking about writing at dinner @ the A/C DJ conference?

I think it's time smile.gif

------------------

Upcoming Gigs:

www.djrussreign.com

NY METS 2000 NL CHAMPS!

You know what I'm sick and tired of . . . the DJs who really can't mix at all but play the big clubs anyway! I totally agree with you there!

How do they do this?? I mean, can't the Manager hear?? I just don't get it! confused.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” - Leo Buscaglia angel.gif

Guest crystalmethodny

**rolling eyes**

Russ - Get Johnny on the phone, lets print the article! I'll persuade him by making him more pissed about someone!

LOL

------------------

www.extremegroove.com

I hear that Russ

The one thing that really pisses me off more then anything in this business is that , IT'S ALL ABOUT WHO KNOW & NOT HOW GOOD YOU ARE (as far as DJing goes) ...

You said it bro, it's all about paying your dues & mofos now-a-days just don't understand that ...

Some of these DJs out there don't have a clue about their music, equipment &/or style , their just in it to look cool, & to feel like their "down" or something ...

------------------

"Without sounding pretentious i don't view what i do as djin'....i look at it as makin' soundscapes with the music and the energy .....the clubs, and the people in the clubs (myself included) are the canvas.....let's paint!"

word. "ok, I'm opening up, let's play Dammit Janet, The Yanni Dub, Wack Ass M.F., and some 145 BPM techno at 10:15 in a lounge"

LMAO

Originally posted by frankie_pep:

I hear that Russ

The one thing that really pisses me off more then anything in this business is that , IT'S ALL ABOUT WHO KNOW & NOT HOW GOOD YOU ARE (as far as DJing goes) ...

You said it bro, it's all about paying your dues & mofos now-a-days just don't understand that ...

Some of these DJs out there don't have a clue about their music, equipment &/or style , their just in it to look cool, & to feel like their "down" or something ...

------------------

Upcoming Gigs:

www.djrussreign.com

NY METS 2000 NL CHAMPS!

HAHAHAHAHA LOL! Russ I heard you had that lounge vibe going! What's up kid? I share the feelings of this post too. Unfortunately all around the tri-state area, it's not how talented you are, it's who you know. Sadly, I don't really know anyone and have then talent so this screws me directly too. Russ mail me your addie to housetraxx@aol.com, so I can mail you out some original material.

Static cwm11.gif

none taken, I'm sure there are plenty of peeps who haven't heard of me many and plenty of others who have.... kinda proves my point...

I've been spinning for nine years, done more than 50 diff clubs in ten states, am the editor of a DJ mag, write for EQ and Keyboard mags, get booked through track central booking agency, and know basically everyone in the industry, and I'm still not where I want to be......(neither skill-wise nor exposure-wise; you can always get better right? or else what is there to strive for and keep you working hard)....

now how could someone who has been spinning for two years or less be further alond the line... that's all I was getting at smile.gif

Trust me, I wasn't tooting my own horn or anything, I'm very humble, as I'm sure anyone who knows me will tell you, and my original comments didn't really even have anything to do with myself....

well, at least this is interesting debate as opposed to the usual BS on the board lately smile.gif

Originally posted by JoelB:

No offense bro, but I've been around this scene a while, and I haven't heard your name prior to your posting on the board.

------------------

Upcoming Gigs:

www.djrussreign.com

NY METS 2000 NL CHAMPS!

I feel you Russ, opening a room is the right way, I was just telling another jock that it is a shame young kids can't appreciate the art of setting a room up, it is just as important and fullfilling as jamming a packed room. but all the new jacks want to prove they have the latest tracks burned on cd rather than work the room, they are djing for the other djs in the room instead of the crowd. Wow, I'm venting now, just keep it real and those fly by nights will keep coming and going-

peace

Marshall

Sounds like a plan lol..... I might die of starvation in the process, but every cause needs a martyr right? smile.gif

Originally posted by enyce2000:

Russ lets all go on Strike.....

Fawk these punk-ass wack-ass NEW JACKS

------------------

Upcoming Gigs:

www.djrussreign.com

NY METS 2000 NL CHAMPS!

Guest crystalmethodny

Well Russ...

I still think you're a dork like any true friend.

Even if EQ is the leading Professional Recording and Sound industry magazine in the world...

Even if Extreme Groove is going to become /the/ trade publication for the dance music industry...

Even if we are doing a party at the WMC...

I love you man!

------------------

www.extremegroove.com

Originally posted by russ reign:

Sounds like a plan lol..... I might die of starvation in the process, but every cause needs a martyr right? smile.gif

even though you weren't talking about your ravioli.........:P~~~~~~~~~~~

------------------

"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything."

lightinggirl@hotmail.com