Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Top 100 DJs Poll results 2004

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

benny benassi spins... and he has a brother that also helps with the productions.. not sure if he spins out with him.. ..

benni is TERRIBLE. I had the displeasure of seeing him this summer in Europe @ the Entrance festival...they actually had him open the festival..TERRIBLE..he kept teasin the crowd with satisfaction...and then when he dropped it no one gave a shit.....at the same festival..2 days later..richie hawtin ripped eastern europe a new asshole...

Hi I'm new here, must agree with you that it was a shame to see DT drop so far in the Top 100, although not so much a surprise since he stays in New York most of the time. If you look at the tour schedules of the DJs who were at the top of the list, they tour the world most of the year.

I must admit I was happy to see Hernan Cattaneo and Chris Lawrence crack the top ten, was so tired of seeing the same old faces over and over. Would like to see more new faces next year.

Nate

Heres dts comments on this yrs poll:

Some of you are missing the plot . :P

This is DJ mags biggest issue and it is a "EUROPEAN" magazine first and foremost.

In a nutshell, you can basically say that TRANCE MUSIC wins again, right?

Tiesto is obviously the Main Man in the spotlight right now as he is the newcomer on the scene as opposed to Oakie, (who helped him get his start) Van Dyk, etc...

He's everywhere with sold out performances, an artist LP out, comp CD's and a DVD!

The man played at the Olympics and this is massive whether we love the music he plays or not.

I think for me, 40 is a GREAT # to be recognized at considering I did not travel much to Europe in the past 2 years. And once having made it as high as # 3 in DJ Mag just 3 years ago, well, that was enough of a HIGH for me! :D

I never expected that and I am still flattered and honored. Don't come down on anyone. It's all for the sake of goodness and fun.

Please don't argue over this "issue" :rolleyes: It's a poll and these are the most recognized DJ's at the moment according to readers and punters (probably mostly under 25)

I think it's also a great way to help boost many of these unheard of DJ's and help get them international gigs to get them on their way to a prosperous future in the entertainment biz. If they are not truly worthy, than their will always BE another bunch of new DJ's next year and then some ...

Try to see it as "most recognized DJ's" and NOT who is better than who ....

I like to believe that everyone one of us DJ's respect each other regardless if we appreciate each others styles or not. Yes, I think (IMO) Trance is somewhat silly and more for a younger audience, but I don't dislike the DJ's that play it and I don't think Trance styled DJ's dislike Cox, MAW or myself because we are more House, Techno and/or Tribal-ish etc...

Once again, the Category TRANCE is obviously the feature here and congratulations to ALL the DJ's, whether mentioned or not... :) It's just a magazine, and probably the best one out there.

I wish the USA had a Dance Music magazine that was as much about music and DJ's artist & producers, and not so much leaning towards clothing ads and tons of lighting and club gear. No disrespect meant to any US mags, there are several good ones like DJ Times, BPM...... But they don't inform us nearly as much as DJ when it comes to latest new talents or their incredible amount of reviews and charts. I also like Discoid magazine from Italy ....... It's all good kiddies ----->

THIS is the underground & my vote goes to for DJ VIBE as PRESIDENT of Modern House! LOL (but that's just my humble opinion) :P

...dt...

:bighug: