Clubplanet Nightlife Community

BUSH 2004 - It's Over !!!!!!!!

obby

I didnt know that even though Bush is up by only 3% and there's still hundreds of thousands of votes to count that the election is over

Can you say the Republicans are jumping the gun

not quite...but there are enough ballots in for Bush that it really doesnt matter how many arent counted in Ohio and other states that have yet to report to make a diff...lets hope he changes his mind on stem cell, although i doubt it...

...very classy comment on your part ....like a true super citizen .

Most appreciated my younge lad. We must continue this classy discusion over some Hor d'oerves and Belinis.

Funny how you have yet to confront the real classy comments originally posted by some of your friends in the beginning of this thread. I can almost bet that you where waiting for me to write something that would give you the opportunity to bite back.

Pity !!!!!

Sell your pity story to someone else and have fun arguing with yourself !!!!!

Ta Ta

Most appreciated my younge lad. We must continue this classy discousion over some hordervs.

Sell your pity store to someone else !!!!!

Ta Ta

Well, now Bush has to clean up the mess he created, plus try recover part of the enormous deficit, and god help him if there happens to be another terror attack.

The republican party might have some answering to do if stuff does not get better by 2006.

All I have to say Is Bush has gotten more votes then any Presidential candidate in History. And A higher Percentage of votes than any president since 1988. There are those of you on the Democrat side of the fence that are educated and have valid issues BUT its the Micheal Moore Bullshit that lost you the election. Did you think people will stand by and Let any President get beaten up with lies and propoganda. :gang::gang::gang::gang:

All I have to say Is Bush has gotten more votes then any Presidential candidate in History. And A higher Percentage of votes than any president since 1988. There are those of you on the Democrat side of the fence that are educated and have valid issues BUT its the Micheal Moore Bullshit that lost you the election. Did you think people will stand by and Let any President get beaten up with lies and propoganda. :gang::gang::gang::gang:

Where in the WORLD did you get those statistics?

More votes than any presidential candidate in History? Where is the proof

Higher % of votes? where is the proof?

President Bush did in fact get more votes than any president in US history. Previously, the record was held by President Reagan(I think).

As for %'s since 1988, I havent heard that one but it is easily checked. The # of votes received is a fact and I have heard it/seen it from several sources.

Its a fact - Here is a little advice look it up. Its funny cause If I said something ripping Bush you would all take it at face value (Micheal Moore HMm). Regan in 1984 held the previous record in most votes. Clinton did not come close on the popular vote because people just didnt care enough to come out and vote (they followed the leader) I will admit that Clinton did not get good percentages because of Ross Perot. But its all true :bounce:

Its a fact - Here is a little advice look it up. Its funny cause If I said something ripping Bush you would all take it at face value (Micheal Moore HMm). Regan in 1984 held the previous record in most votes. Clinton did not come close on the popular vote because people just didnt care enough to come out and vote (they followed the leader) I will admit that Clinton did not get good percentages because of Ross Perot. But its all true :bounce:

It is a commonly held opinion that King George the First would have defeated Clinton if Perot was not in the mix.

Turn off Michael Moore of the and turn on the news......it's all over....or wait until next years history books are pressed.

Nov 3, 3:44 PM (ET)

Standing at his desk in the Oval Office, President George W. Bush receives a phone call from...

Full Image

By John Whitesides, Political Correspondent

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Bush won re-election to a second four-year term over Democratic Sen. John Kerry on Wednesday and promised deeply divided Americans he would earn their support and trust.

"A new term is a new opportunity to reach out to the whole nation," he said in a victory speech in Washington. "When we come together and work together, there is no limit to the greatness of America."

Speaking directly to supporters of Kerry, Bush said: "I will need your support, and I will work to earn it. I will do all I can to deserve your trust."

Bush clinched victory in a bitter eight-month struggle for the White House when Kerry ended the suspense of a vote-counting battle in the decisive state of Ohio and conceded the election. Kerry called Bush and later told supporters in Boston's historic Faneuil Hall that "I hope we can begin the healing."

In a dispute that evoked memories of the prolonged election recount in Florida in 2000, delays in counting provisional and absentee ballots in Ohio had postponed the final outcome of the presidential election for hours.

Ohio's 20 electoral votes were the final hurdle to Bush capturing an Electoral College majority of 270 votes after a divisive campaign that focused on the war in Iraq, the battle against global terrorism and the economy.

"I would not give up this fight if there was a chance we could prevail," an emotional Kerry said in Boston. "There won't be enough outstanding votes for us to be able to win Ohio, and therefore we cannot win this election."

Bush begins his second term with the daunting challenges of a worsening insurgency in Iraq -- the aftermath of his decision to invade the country in 2003 -- and soaring federal budget deficits.

Republicans also celebrated expanded majorities in the House of Representatives and the Senate in results likely to build the president's mandate and ease Bush's conservative agenda in Congress.

Bush captured a majority of the popular vote, unlike the disputed 2000 election against Democrat Al Gore. With 99 percent of precincts reporting, Bush had 51 percent of votes against Kerry's 48 percent.

Kerry called Bush after meeting with running mate John Edwards and Sen. Edward Kennedy, his colleague from Massachusetts in the U.S. Senate.

"Sen. Kerry waged a spirited campaign and he and his supporters can be proud of their efforts," Bush said.

"DESPERATE NEED FOR UNITY"

Kerry said he congratulated Bush and they discussed the country's divisions and "the desperate need for unity, for finding the common ground, coming together. Today I hope that we can begin the healing."

The dispute over uncounted ballots in Ohio had thrown the presidential result into uncertainty, as Kerry vowed he would not concede until all the outstanding provisional and absentee ballots had been counted while Bush claimed victory.

White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card made a predawn appearance before Bush supporters to say Bush had a "statistically insurmountable" lead in Ohio and had won a majority of the popular vote.

Ohio's Republican Secretary of State Ken Blackwell had estimated as many as 175,000 provisional ballots could be cast, and counties reported as of Wednesday morning that 135,149 had been issued.

Republicans will hold at least 54 of the 100 Senate seats, three more than they now have, and widen their slim majority of the 435-member House in the new 109th Congress, set to convene on Jan. 3.

That will make it easier for Bush to push his conservative agenda through Congress, potentially making his tax cuts permanent and appointing more federal judges including possibly some U.S. Supreme Court justices.

"With a bigger majority, we can do even more exciting things," said House Majority leader Tom DeLay, a Republican from Texas.

Stocks soared on news of the win from Bush, with shares of major U.S. drug and defense companies rising on the expectation those industries would do well under Bush.

Allies like Russian President Vladimir Putin and Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi saw Bush's victory as bolstering the U.S.-declared "war on terror." But some disenchanted Europeans urged Bush to heal transatlantic rifts.

British Prime Minister Tony Blair, Bush's biggest ally in the war in Iraq, said in London the re-election of Bush came at a critical time when the world must unite to fight terrorism and Europe must rebuild its relationship with Bush.

"We must be relentless in our war against terrorism," Blair said. "We should work with President Bush on this agenda."

Long voter lines were reported across the United States on Tuesday and few major voting glitches were recorded in the final act of the long campaign.

With 270 electoral votes needed to win the White House, Bush had captured 29 states with 274 electoral votes. Kerry won 19 states and the District of Columbia and 252 votes. Bush held a lead of 3.5 million votes over Kerry nationwide with 99 percent of the precincts reporting.

If you know history then you know history has been made !!!!!!

President Bush did in fact get more votes than any president in US history. Previously, the record was held by President Reagan(I think).

As for %'s since 1988, I havent heard that one but it is easily checked. The # of votes received is a fact and I have heard it/seen it from several sources.

Well the first point is obvious: there are lots more people on this earth every new day, therefore more new voters. But hasn't there been a landslide election that tilted one candidate over the other so greatly that that would constitute the most ever?

And if this is the case, wouldn't Kerry be a close second to the most votes since he only had 3 mil less than Bush?

AND... im sure whoever will be elected int he next election will take the reign of most votes for the sole reason that in 2008 there will be many more people voting.

And to all you right-wingers: FOR THE LAST TIME IM NOT AN IDIOT WHO SPOONFEEDS INFORMATION DOLED OUT TO ME. I READ VARIOUS FORMS OF LITERATURE AND ONLY TAKE MICHAEL MOORE AT FACE VALUE.

now hopefully you'll all remember that :doh:

Here's a little advice: next time you say something, provide it with proof so it has cedibility, ok Mr. Bouncy :bounce:

:)

Turn off Micheal Moore and turn on the news.......or wait until next years history books are pressed.

Damn yo, i'd think you'd come up with something more clever than that :doh:

Listen, how hard is it to provide hard core evidence with all these statistics y'all are whipping out.

Instead of making me do YOUR research, you provide it to us so we see it's relevance.

UMMMM _ oklahoma City? I guess that dosent count as terrorism? Keep getting your facts from John Stewart.

um i did not get my facts from John Stewart it was all over the news last night. i just found what jon Stewart said was funny

Which someone else pointed out was oak city was a white boy from middle america. Some middle eastern man moves into middle america the place would go ape shit

Iraq will be a sucess. Free elections in Afghanistan - Russia 10 years and many soilders dead - they withdraw similar with England. US - less then 3 years and free elections. Libiya Give us there WMDs and opens the country to free trade. Pakistan becomes a ally of US. Iraq Will have free elections. The extreme Muslim Factionalist are trying so desperatly to stop us in Iraq but it wont happen. Do you think those terrorist like Zakarwi (sp?) would be working a 9 - 5 job if we were not in Iraq? Or would he be using his resources to attack America and or its intrests? The front on the war on terror is now in Iraq - better then here. Over 72% of the Military polled said they were voting For Bush. Most importantly the most dangerous country Iran is now surrounded and cut off

Yeah i can see Iran is really scared. They just passed a nuclear bill with all of their parliament screaming death to america

Kerry just ran a really bad election, being a woman I am interested in women's issues. I just read a web page on why Kerry did so poorly with women and I agree on all of them...

* Terrorism was the #1 concern with women and women trusted Bush to do a better job. We know what he will do and with Kerry it is a gamble.

* John Edwards talked a lot about killing the terrorists but Kerry never talked like that and women voters wanted to hear that.

* Issues. He didn't spell out where he stood on a lot of things. Things stayed vague. Women didn't like that.

* Jobs. A big concern, but Kerry didn't start talking about them until late in the game. He said he had a plan to stop jobs from being shipped overseas, but he never said what it was. Other people said he was going to provide tax cuts and incentives to keep the jobs here but it all seemed vague.

Had Kerry hammered Bush more on the jobs issue in places like Ohio he probably would have won.

* Iraq. He said he had a plan to fix Iraq, but didn't say what it was. Women were afraid he would stop funding the war or do something else to cause us to lose with disgrace.

Personally I think he would probably do very well running the war and I would have liked to see some fresh energy, it is a scary thing to put someone new in charge.

* Taxes. Women don't want to pay higher taxes. As a new homeowner, I appreciate the Bush tax cuts. Kerry didn't say he was going to eliminate them for my tax bracket, but you never know with all that spending he proposed.

* His wife. Women did not like that crazy, foreign, lady.

Here's a little advice: next time you say something, provide it with proof so it has cedibility, ok Mr. Bouncy :bounce:

:)

Bush 59,000,000 - Kerry 55,400,000 - Regan was the highest with about 55,000,000. So you can saY Kerry got the second maybe third highest votes for presidency in History and still lost. Look it up Mr Credibility

Yeah i can see Iran is really scared. They just passed a nuclear bill with all of their parliament screaming death to america
Go Back and read my post again. Carefully this time - I said Iran is not scared because they know that US intervention (military) in Iran would be political suicide. They know that this country is not ready for that. Read it again. I am accepting apologies all day J/K

Kerry just ran a really bad election, being a woman I am interested in women's issues. I just read a web page on why Kerry did so poorly with women and I agree on all of them...

* Terrorism was the #1 concern with women and women trusted Bush to do a better job. We know what he will do and with Kerry it is a gamble.

* John Edwards talked a lot about killing the terrorists but Kerry never talked like that and women voters wanted to hear that.

* Issues. He didn't spell out where he stood on a lot of things. Things stayed vague. Women didn't like that.

* Jobs. A big concern, but Kerry didn't start talking about them until late in the game. He said he had a plan to stop jobs from being shipped overseas, but he never said what it was. Other people said he was going to provide tax cuts and incentives to keep the jobs here but it all seemed vague.

Had Kerry hammered Bush more on the jobs issue in places like Ohio he probably would have won.

* Iraq. He said he had a plan to fix Iraq, but didn't say what it was. Women were afraid he would stop funding the war or do something else to cause us to lose with disgrace.

Personally I think he would probably do very well running the war and I would have liked to see some fresh energy, it is a scary thing to put someone new in charge.

* Taxes. Women don't want to pay higher taxes. As a new homeowner, I appreciate the Bush tax cuts. Kerry didn't say he was going to eliminate them for my tax bracket, but you never know with all that spending he proposed.

I am curious - I voted for Bush but I am pro choice to an extent. I am Morally against abortion but Legally for Pro choice. How do you feel about Partial Birth abortion?? I will always be against that.

what are your vews on abortion? on education in the schools? i know you have to virtually drive everywhere in AZ, you like the higher energy prices? i know i'm not.

i think bush got the soccer mom vote in large numbers. kerry's first part of the campaign focused on the economy and on jobs, but people kept on saying to concentrate on irak.

he mentioned all the jobs bing shipped overseas and the tax breaks coprorations were recieveing from the governmnet by doing so.

on taxes he said that he would raise them if you made over 200k. i dont make 200k and did not see any difference in my tax returmn the last 3 years. further i see a deficit that is getting bigger and bigger which my kids will probably end up paying for.

he wanted more spending for "No Child Left Behind" is that bad? no.

he wanted more spending for health care. is that bad? no.

he wanted to put more into social security. is that bad? no.

a lot of $$$ has been spent on Iraq and the country is on the verge of ending up in the hands of fundamentalists, another Iran. Osama is still at large and plotting more acts as we speak. It was a mistake going to Iraq, Osama should have been taken care off first and then focus on the other terrorist issues.

alot of that $$$ bieng used in Iarq sure could have done A LOT of good in the public schools, in the hospitals, in the community health clinics, in medication for senior citizens.

and as for mrs. bush, i'd rather be with a woman that has her views on issues and speaks up for them instead of being with a woman whose only goal is to get married, have kids, clean the kitchen and do my laundry. i admire a woman with education, personality, decisiveness, and who isn't afraid to have a high ball once in a while.

I am curious - I voted for Bush but I am pro choice to an extent. I am Morally against abortion but Legally for Pro choice. How do you feel about Partial Birth abortion?? I will always be against that.

each case has to be seen on an individual basis.

i believe a woman should have right to an abortion if:

-the mother's life is at serious risk,

-she was raped, and

-a case of incest.

if that is the case, she should have a right to abort if it falls within the first trimester during pregnancy or depending the medical point of view of her physician.

i do not believe a woman should have a right to abort if,

-her boyfreind got her pregnant and i jsut dont want a baby right now.

what are your views on sex educaton in schools? we all know teenagers a sexually active? abstinence only sex education or complete sex education that includes abstinence, sexually transmitted diseases, HIV/AIDS, & condoms?

and yes, btw, i am catholic and go to chuch quite often.

what are your vews on abortion? on education in the schools? i know you have to virtually drive everywhere in AZ, you like the higher energy prices? i know i'm not.

i think bush got the soccer mom vote in large numbers. kerry's first part of the campaign focused on the economy and on jobs, but people kept on saying to concentrate on irak.

he mentioned all the jobs bing shipped overseas and the tax breaks coprorations were recieveing from the governmnet by doing so.

on taxes he said that he would raise them if you made over 200k. i dont make 200k and did not see any difference in my tax returmn the last 3 years. further i see a deficit that is getting bigger and bigger which my kids will probably end up paying for.

he wanted more spending for "No Child Left Behind" is that bad? no.

he wanted more spending for health care. is that bad? no.

he wanted to put more into social security. is that bad? no.

a lot of $$$ has been spent on Iraq and the country is on the verge of ending up in the hands of fundamentalists, another Iran. Osama is still at large and plotting more acts as we speak. It was a mistake going to Iraq, Osama should have been taken care off first and then focus on the other terrorist issues.

alot of that $$$ bieng used in Iarq sure could have done A LOT of good in the public schools, in the hospitals, in the community health clinics, in medication for senior citizens.

and as for mrs. bush, i'd rather be with a woman that has her views on issues and speaks up for them instead of being with a woman whose only goal is to get married, have kids, clean the kitchen and do my laundry. i admire a woman with education, personality, decisiveness, and who isn't afraid to have a high ball once in a while.

I'm not saying that is bad, I'm just telling you dems why you lost the election. Alot of voters (me included) were undecided swing voters. Iraq and terrorism were the big issues in this election and the issues you listed weren't as important to female voters. We don't want to pay for more stuff while the work is still unfinished in Iraq, and that is going to take many years. Why did we send those guys over there if we weren't planning to win? We need to put all our focus on that for a while.

Laura Bush was a teacher for 10 years. She certainly has an education and I like her a lot. And Laura Bush does have a cocktail every once in a while, according to an article I read about her in Oprah Magazine.