Clubplanet Nightlife Community

If arafat dies is that good or bad?

jtk4

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dead--Fuck him. One way ticket to rot in hell. Arafat is a terrorist and a fraud. Hope he dies a painful death.

Now, emotion aside--short term, his death could be dangerous. A scary political vacuum, opportunity for Hamas and the rest of the muderers to take advantage of the situation, internal strife or even civil war, etc....

However, the fact remains that as long as Arafat was alive, there was going to be no peace. So, for the long term prospects of peace, his death is a good thing (as well as him rotting in hell).

Hopefully, a moderate can now arise that has been waiting for this opportuntiy. And if so, the world community (not just the U.S. or Europeans, but even more importantly-THE ARAB WORLD) must do everything in their power to support this person or group against those who have no desire for peace-no matter what.

If no moderate arises, then I guess the situation is no different than it is now, except there is one more terrorist dead.

Everytime a terrorist dies without killing anyone else it is good. In all seriousness, Yasser has been unable to work w/ anyone on a consistent basis. The process of healing and peace has a better chance with him out of the picture.

It's good if the Palestinians can get their act together and get a leader that's modeled on a Nelson Mandela or Gandhi. But that's not likely to happen. I'm willing to bet they're going to nominate some maniacal Islamic radical because they usually tend to have the most loyal followings-and then shit's really going to hit the fan.

It's good if the Palestinians can get their act together and get a leader that's modeled on a Nelson Mandela or Gandhi. But that's not likely to happen. I'm willing to bet they're going to nominate some maniacal Islamic radical because they usually tend to have the most loyal followings-and then shit's really going to hit the fan.

You do realize Nelson Mandela was a terrorist before he got jailed, right?

You do realize Nelson Mandela was a terrorist before he got jailed, right?

Please dont start defending Yasser the terrorist...

Stop now while I still have some faith in you. The man has stood in the way of peace for nearly 4 decades. He has never wanted peace or even a homeland. His only goals are killing Jews and keeping power.

Please dont start defending Yasser the terrorist...

Stop now while I still have some faith in you. The man has stood in the way of peace for nearly 4 decades. He has never wanted peace or even a homeland. His only goals are killing Jews and keeping power.

Defending Arafat? He might have been a terrorist and corrupt, but he was still the figurehead for the Palestinian people. I really don't care if you have faith in me or not, if you cannot respect a different opinion then you probably should not discuss with that person.

Jtk4 - tell me what was the ANC (African National COngress) involved in when Mandela was younger and the head of it? The ANC was a very militant organization. Check out the history of the ANC.

Defending Arafat? He might have been a terrorist and corrupt, but he was still the figurehead for the Palestinian people. I really don't care if you have faith in me or not, if you cannot respect a different opinion then you probably should not discuss with that person.

Jtk4 - tell me what was the ANC (African National COngress) involved in when Mandela was younger and the head of it? The ANC was a very militant organization. Check out the history of the ANC.

but you are comparing him to Mandela, who has actually accomplished a lot in S. Africa. Yasser was nothing more than a corrupt figurehead who has stood in the way of peace. I understand that Mandela's group was violent but that evolved over time. Yasser was a terrorist until the end(which will be here shortly if it hasnt arrived already)

but you are comparing him to Mandela, who has actually accomplished a lot in S. Africa. Yasser was nothing more than a corrupt figurehead who has stood in the way of peace. I understand that Mandela's group was violent but that evolved over time. Yasser was a terrorist until the end(which will be here shortly if it hasnt arrived already)

Tres-b do you even read all the posts on this thread?? I didn't bring up mandela, someone else did, and right next to Gandhi.

There was still a lot of violence from offshoots of the ANC right till the end in 1990. You cannot successfully defend the ANC as a peaceful organziation(pre-handover) while condemning Arafat's as completely terrorist.

Tres-b do you even read all the posts on this thread?? I didn't bring up mandela, someone else did, and right next to Gandhi.

There was still a lot of violence from offshoots of the ANC right till the end in 1990. You cannot successfully defend the ANC as a peaceful organziation(pre-handover) while condemning Arafat's as completely terrorist.

Yes I read it. Your assertation that Mandela was a terrorist was what I went after. And as my last post said, his organization evolved and became a positive force. Yasser became a corrupt figurehead who didnt work for peace.

Yes I read it. Your assertation that Mandela was a terrorist was what I went after. And as my last post said, his organization evolved and became a positive force. Yasser became a corrupt figurehead who didnt work for peace.

Do you deny that Mandela was a terrorist at one time?

Tres-b check out this site. Why would you consider MLK a terrorist? What armed struggle did he engage in? Which world leaders considered him a terrorist?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelson_Mandela

Nelson Mandela

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Nelson MandelaNelson Rolihlahla Mandela (born July 18, 1918) is a former President of South Africa, was one of its chief anti-apartheid activists, and was also an anti-apartheid saboteur and guerrilla leader. He is now almost universially considered to be a heroic freedom fighter, but during the time of the apartheid regime many Western politicians such as Margaret Thatcher and Ronald Reagan considered him a terrorist. He spent his childhood in the Thembu chiefdom before embarking on a career in law.

i think south africa has ties with both the us and england in the 80's. Until it became unpopular to have ties with them.

I do understand what you are saying though, one mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist.