Clubplanet Nightlife Community

satellite radio

jeffy1

i have XM... never tried Sirius, so i can't give a comparison...

but i do love XM very much. the electronic music stations (there's 3 of them) are ok. my only complaint is that they play a lot a lot of trance...but then there are certain time slots dedicated to dnb, house, and even downtempo... the comedy channels are a riot. the sports channels (espn, etc) are good if you're on the road during a game. there's a couple alt-rock stations i listen to every once in a while which play the good grunge and alt tunes from the 90s. the jazz stations are stellar...and there's a new downtempo/chill station which i click to every now and then to cure the road rage.

i have the Delphi SkyFi that came out last year....

Complete-Home-and-Car-lrg.jpg

i got the kit hooked up to my home stereo as well...it's nice to be able to take the unit from the car to the home stereo in no time...

Sirius has em already. i like my sirius. i like the online streaming that you can listen to anywhere on any computer. i think they are pretty close but i am happy with my choice. i am glad also that howard stern will be on sirius in jan 2006 when his radio contract ends.

My girfriend has XM in her car and it is awesome. I would say that the EDM channels on XM are a bit better than the ones on Sirrius(we get this free w/ Dish Network). Either one beats the hell out of the crappy stations that litter the airways here in Atlanta.

Howard Stern going to Sirrius gives them a boost, but is it enough to beat out XM? Only you can decide.

Sirius Satellite is the ish! I just bought it last night and it is easy to hook up. I mostly bought it because Dj Dreem is one of the Dj's for Channel 62 Remix. She plays hard house and tribal house. Alot of her productions and music by Peter Rauhofer, David Morales, Petyasb, Trypsin, Mike Cruz, Tony Moran, Sal Dano and more. GET SIRIUS NOT XM

Each service offers a different number of radio stations, so check on-line to see how many in what genre they have. Also XM is owned by clear channel I believe or at least that is what I read from other sites. Sirius also has more commericial free services and for a while was offering a lifetime subscription for 450, and Sirius has a higher monthly subscription rate then XM. A few years back XM sounded better(less noise in the codec) but I know they have changed their codec's algorithim and when I heard it could hardly tell, buit that is more of a personal thing. On a side note XM has more subscribers then sirius, but I do not think either are in dire financial troubles as of yet. Hope this helps.

Also XM is owned by clear channel I believe or at least that is what I read from other sites.

XM Satellite Radio Inc. is owned by American Mobile Satellite Corporation...

CC are merely investors alongside DIRECTV, GM, and a private investment group comprised of Columbia Capital, Telcom Ventures L.L.C., and Madison Dearborn Partners...combined, they made a $250 million investment in '99...

CC is simply a corporate shareholder, owning less than 3%...(not a significant amount of voting power at all). CC's involvement increasingly declines...and they actually look at XM as a competitor more than anything.