Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Discouraged

patois

I love running...but lately things have just not been going well for me and I don't feel like doing anything. Usually I really look forward to running...I was training for a marathon at this time last year and loved it...but right now I am just very discouraged. I want to get back into my routine but I am just really down right now. Any suggestions on how I can bounce back?

Don't feel alone. Everybody has been in this situation. here is my suggestion and it should work, unless you are having severe suppression and in need of meds.

You must go back to the routine you were doing when things were going good. Don't look for the motivation to do it. Just do it, even if you do not feel like it. Do this for day 1, day 2, day 3, ect....... the hopes is that after a week or 2 you will be back on tract and then hopefully the motivations will come.

One question? Have you had something bad happen to you? Have you recently tried to quit drugs or alcohol are you doing alcohol or drugs? Is there anything that could be causing your frustrations??

nautica

One question? Have you had something bad happen to you? Have you recently tried to quit drugs or alcohol are you doing alcohol or drugs? Is there anything that could be causing your frustrations??

nautica

Well, things aren't going so well...I've been out of work for a while and am still looking, additionally things are kinda haywire in my personal life. Luckily, no alcohol or drugs - just pigging out. Usually my fitness routine is my top priority and I'm trying to get back to that.

Seems like typical cause for depression. You have got to take the step and try to take care of this yourself. In the long run, you will appreciate this.

Start by getting back to your routine. DO NOT expect motivation to get you here. Set your alarm or what ever. Just make sure you do what your are suppose to do as far as your training is concerned. This may even help with the rest of your life. It will do you no good to sit and feel sorry about your being out of a job. One thing at a time. Start with what made you happy at one time: running. Then you can start taking care of the rest of your life.

Good luck

nautica

Seems like typical cause for depression. You have got to take the step and try to take care of this yourself. In the long run, you will appreciate this.

Start by getting back to your routine. DO NOT expect motivation to get you here. Set your alarm or what ever. Just make sure you do what your are suppose to do as far as your training is concerned. This may even help with the rest of your life. It will do you no good to sit and feel sorry about your being out of a job. One thing at a time. Start with what made you happy at one time: running. Then you can start taking care of the rest of your life.

Good luck

nautica

Thanks nautica - I appreciate it...actually did 6 miles tonight so hopefully I will be back in the groove soon.