Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lower Back Exercises

Unfortunately, most of my back exercises don't target my lower back enough. I need more variety for back exercises. I tweak my routine every 3-4 weeks. I put a lot of emphasis on my back, and considered it to be relatively strong but after throwing it out this weekend, I realized, it's not strong enough.

Any info on lower back exercises would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ,

Roya

As an all around workout I would try to do like a baseball swing on the cable crossover machine.

Grab the cable ( With only the rubber ball or stopper ) stand in almost a batting stance and slowly continue into a swinging motion bringing both your arms down across your body and just like a baseball swing when you get about 1/2 way rotation with your arms start to rotate your hips/waist.

I love this motion. It is not only lower back. I hits lower back, some lats, some abs, some forearm...

Thanks!

I do deadlifts as well. I think I'm going have to incorporate some exercises on the free motion machine so I can target some smaller muscles.

Definately do hyper extensions as well. That is all lowerback. And they work wonders. If you want you can also hold a light weight after you get used to the motion to stress the area a little bit.

Definately do hyper extensions as well. That is all lowerback. And they work wonders. If you want you can also hold a light weight after you get used to the motion to stress the area a little bit.

Thanks for the info. The cable exercise you mentioned sounds good. I'm going to give it a shot once I'm back in the gym.

Thanks for the info. The cable exercise you mentioned sounds good. I'm going to give it a shot once I'm back in the gym.

No problem. If you are not comfortable with a correct swing of a bat. See if you can have someone show you. Cause if you do not do it correctly it will not hit the area that you are looking for. It is a precise movement. If your arms are too high and the rotation is not correct you will be more upper back and and arms.

No problem. If you are not comfortable with a correct swing of a bat. See if you can have someone show you. Cause if you do not do it correctly it will not hit the area that you are looking for. It is a precise movement. If your arms are too high and the rotation is not correct you will be more upper back and and arms.

I should be able to get guidance easily. I'm training for my PT certification. We've got a "hands-on" session.