Clubplanet Nightlife Community

monster MASSIVE BULLSHIT (my review)

weyes

monster massive was crapass, in my opinion, though its start really spoiled the whole thing for me --- even though i tried not to let it.

my costume for halloween was flavor flav. i was going to be him last year, but i ended up not going anywhere, 'cause i was too tired from the night before. i just kept the costume in my closet for this year. as one can imagine, i'd been psyched all year to wear it. i had the whole thing down, all the way to gold teeth and a top hat.

but i got to the party, where the security assholes were frisking and such, and the head security lady says, "you can't bring that in," pointing at the clock around my neck.

"you're kidding," i say.

"no." she barks.

"why?" i ask, in a tone indicating that she's being ridiculous.

"because..." and she pauses while she searches for a reason, "you could be dancing and it could hit somebody."

"this is my whole costume," i say. "without this, i'm nobody."

"you have to throw it out," she says.

and that was it. i had a great costume for all of 20 minutes. i was BEYOND upset. halloween is my favorite day of the year - not just my favorite holiday. i like it more than my birthday. and this lady stripped it from me.

my friends had paid the extra $35 for VIP, 'cause they wanted the open vodka bar. i don't drink, so it didn't matter to me. it turned out, though, that they were only allowed to drink their drinks IN the VIP area, and had to stand 3 feet from the rest of the main room, which meant that i couldn't talk to them (it also meant that they could only be in the main room). there was a huge line for drinks in there, too, so my friends didn't even bother, and just paid for drinks all night.

most of the girls' bathroom stalls didn't have doors, and 2/3s of the working stalls were overflowing by 10pm.

bullshit. the party was bullshit. and, as i predicted, they cheated us out of the hour for the time change. i so enjoyed the one 2 years ago, too :( . i won't be going again.

Amanda.. hahah.. you're reviews are soo funny!!!

Maybe next time you gotta go with my friends who had a blast!!! I heard soo many good reviews about that event! Oh well.. until next year!!

I haven't gone out to an event in sooo long ..i feel like an old person :P....

Well at least you were able to wear your costume for awhile.. I didn't even dress up this year.. yup you guessed big time loser :)!

Sports Arena, right?

Went there for NYE last year (review somewhere here on the board). Have the same sort of complaints about S A from NYE ... I remember (slightly LOL) ... that security was very rude there too ... remember a spot in the evening when I couldnt find my buddy (at the time) so even w/ a guestband on I had to do major BSing to get back in the venue after I left seconds ago to look for the dude.

Inside, the VIP was ... well ... fair game for alotta interesting security conduct. Remember my girl (at the time too lol) doing the usual huggie huggie with the vip guy and him letting in 2 of us .. and then bigger huggie huggie and letting like 10 of us in. The vip area was bizzare cuz the lounge was the size of a small kitchen. Yeah you get to stand next to the stage but its a bit too close and there is no vibe in vip area. The worse was the drinks too - literally had a smart and final thing of cranberry and making a total of 4 possible diff drinks - thats it. not a bar. not a bar in any sense of the word lol

Overall, sports arena is cool for nye .. would do it again ... hope to do it again ... and agree with your comments about its problems. Obviously the probs S A has seem to repeat themselves .

yeah, lalate, my friends said that the vodka was lower, lower shelf, but i wouldn't've expected anything else. absolut don't come for free at the l.a. sports arena, unfortunately :no: ! that was another reason why they opted to buy their drinks; bad booze causes headaches in the morning.

my friends did, however, express interest in together as one for new year's, depending on the lineup, etc. i refuse to go to giant's event, so we'll see...