Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Arafat's Funeral

tres-b

What a stupid comment. Palestinians never attacked the US. Maybe you have to try to imagine that there are people in this world who are mourning in another way than you do.

They were cheering in the street during 9/11 when the WTC came down...forgot about that one right?

fuck them...drop one bomb and 95% of the PLO would've been eliminated.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't necessarily say ALL of Hamas. Yes, definitely the military wing should die, the charter should be re-written and the humainitarian wing should be the only surviving part. It might even become a viable political party (sort of like ANC, African National congress).

Good thought, just not sure how the humanatarian wing can be split off.....perhaps teh only way is if they are true, they renounce Hamas a d everthing they stand for....take a lot of courage....

You mind your own close minded buisiness you mongol .

You are the most closed minded, ignorant, plain stupid babbling bafoon on the board....and post after post, thread after thread, has proven it. I enjoy pointing it out with ease, but trust me, your own moronic vomit proves it with even greater ease.

I know what you meant - in you r first statement you just said African countries - I thought you were referring to the North. As for S Africa - I dont put much faith in a country that throws people out of their homes (literally) and lets the farms get taken over by the poor just simply because they are poor. But I really do not want to get into that so I will concede S Africa to you (for now) As for Ireland - Ireland is split on this - They can sympathise for the Palestinians but They also have seen the devestaion of terrorism and many Irish Hate terrorism to the core - So IMO Ireland is a split therefor not a good example

Whoa, whoa, I don't know what you're talking about dude. You mean Zimbabwe. South Africa has always maintained that the land hand-over will be peaceful, and farmers will get compensated. There was once an incident a few years back, where squatters, sick of waiting for the govt to act, went onto someone farm and set up camp. They were forcefully evicted by the police. If there is any new stuff that I don't know of, please educate me.

Fuck Mugabe in Zimbabwe though - he IMHO is right up there with Saddam and Bin Laden. There are a majority of peopel in his country who do not want him in power but are completely terrorized by his goons - much like Saddam and IRaq.

Most people here believe that Palastinians deserve a country but have zero chance of getting it while terrorism, corruption, and violence define their people. The actions of few cast shadows over the whole cause and hinder the progression toward a Palestinian state.

Agreed . really .

Most people here believe that Palastinians deserve a country but have zero chance of getting it while terrorism, corruption, and violence define their people. The actions of few cast shadows over the whole cause and hinder the progression toward a Palestinian state.

I personally believe the settlers are up there with Hamas and Sharon, as an element that needs to be eradicated from the equation for there to be peace.

I agree with you there. Israel needs to bring them home, which they about to partially do in the Gaza Strip.

Well now Amy thats the question isn't it? Will Israel actually be able to do that? With many of the hard-core settlers threatening civil war, asking the army to disobey orders, etc? Time will tell I guess.

Whoa, whoa, I don't know what you're talking about dude. You mean Zimbabwe. South Africa has always maintained that the land hand-over will be peaceful, and farmers will get compensated. There was once an incident a few years back, where squatters, sick of waiting for the govt to act, went onto someone farm and set up camp. They were forcefully evicted by the police. If there is any new stuff that I don't know of, please educate me.

Fuck Mugabe in Zimbabwe though - he IMHO is right up there with Saddam and Bin Laden. There are a majority of peopel in his country who do not want him in power but are completely terrorized by his goons - much like Saddam and IRaq.

Zimbabwe. - No that about covers it for them - The People in S Africa are not getting fairly compensated to leave there homes. Anyway - Off topic.

I believ the Palestinians should be given there own state and most of the land given back to them. I also believe it wont stop the terrorism and violence. The ultimate goal is the elimination of Isreal

I personally believe the settlers are up there with Hamas and Sharon, as an element that needs to be eradicated from the equation for there to be peace.

I agree that the settlers are huge roadblocks. Having said that, I think the Israeli govt needs to offer some serious compensation for to these people in the way of real estate, money, new jobs, etc. for giving up their homes(yes I know they are settlers so lets not go into this point b/c it has become home to many of these people) and moving out of the occupied territories that were claimed after Israel was attacked.

I agree that the settlers are huge roadblocks. Having said that, I think the Israeli govt needs to offer some serious compensation for to these people in the way of real estate, money, new jobs, etc. for giving up their homes(yes I know they are settlers so lets not go into this point b/c it has become home to many of these people) and moving out of the occupied territories that were claimed after Israel was attacked.

They are being offered compensation, even early compensation upto something like $300 000 (ballpark figure, not sure ofthe exact number) per family! The ones causing the problem are the religious fanatics, the ones who believe the second coming is near and that they need to prepare the land for his coming or whatever these wackos think.

BTW, isn't it illegal (by Geneva conventions) to settle civilians onto an occupied land, without first making that land part of the occupying country?

They are being offered compensation, even early compensation upto something like $300 000 (ballpark figure, not sure ofthe exact number) per family! The ones causing the problem are the religious fanatics, the ones who believe the second coming is near and that they need to prepare the land for his coming or whatever these wackos think.

BTW, isn't it illegal (by Geneva conventions) to settle civilians onto an occupied land, without first making that land part of the occupying country?

I figured it would be something like that. I havent really looked into the particulars of how the settlers are being coaxed back to Israel proper. The religious fanatics in ANY religion are problems. As for the "second" coming, wouldnt it in fact be the First coming in the minds of Jews? :)

As for occupying land, the war that caused Israel to claim the land was an unprovoked offensive by Arab nations so Im not losing any sleep over taking some turf when you win. Having said that, I think they need to get the settlers out, give the Palestinians some land(West Bank or Gaza Strip) and move on. I only hope this is where the Palestinians stop. After so many years I wonder if the fight for them can end without eliminating Israel....

Well the Geneva convention is basically the U.S convention because we are the only ones who try to follow it.

Yes First time I agree with you Raver - Get those settlers out. I think we agree for different reasons - I think Isreal should do all they can for peace because I know it wont happen and the fault will then land entirely on the Palestinians (maybe then they will get new leadership). The way they are operating now (I dont really balme them) they look like the bad guys.

Israel had long ago promised the United States to remove all settlers... so they need to get on it.

there are no bad guys-good guys

If people think in those terms, there will never be a solution.

There are no Bad guys? Its thinking like that , that will lose this war for us. There are the Few Good that are willing to stand up and there are the Evil that want nothing more then Death. Billions of people in between - Its who those people support that will make the difference. "it is necessary only for a good man to do nothing for Evil to triumph"

there are no bad guys-good guys

If people think in those terms, there will never be a solution.

You are so right. Until now I didnt get it. I need to try and understand bin Laden and why he his a homicidal man who needs to be killed.

Give me a break. There is such thing as right and wrong, good and evil, black and white.