Clubplanet Nightlife Community

anyone see mr. p-didddddy @ crobar last night for SANDER?

the problem i have for p didddy is not because hes a rapper, its not my first choice of music, but ill quietly admit to dancing to it ( the hip-hop dj in crobar on fri was actually reall really good) my problem is that he makes music for money, not for the sake of music, id have the same problem for any one in the edm scene,

Hey diskofreak that dj in crobar was playin pharcyde I was impressed but anyway like a run on sentence P Diddy is not a rapper and if he thinks he is he sucks. He is a smart money maker and def a pop icon/ producer type. I think it got to his head his first go around with mase. I hope he doesn't latch on to one of our dj's and we become part of the exploited world like hiphop.

One.

:half:

Stop drinking that haterade people, like it or not p diddy makes thing happen and can only help the industry grow. Also he's not afriad to show up at any club and party. His fame and money doesnt keep him away from clubs like so many other do.

I concur with everyone here about P. Diddy's rhyming skills, but no one is mentioning about his producer skills. I give Sean Combs absolute respect for his early producer work with Mary J. Blige and Biggie.The man knows music. It was after his success producing tracks that he was put on the spotlight by the media for puting out his own albums. A lot of producers followed suit after seeing his albums sell as a prodcuer/artist. (Dr. Dre, Jermaine Dupri, Missy Elliot).

Of course now Combs is so involved with many facets in pop culture (business, fashion, movies, theater) everyone seems to forget how he made it to show biz in the first place. By making music.

Sean Combs has already did vocals for Erick Morillo on his first official album(a track which I think stinks IMO). I think P. Diddy could probably thrown down some good tracks, but I dont think he is going to try to make EDM anymore popular than it already is by hyping it up. [TRANCE OR DIE! T-shirts] heh heh