Clubplanet Nightlife Community

roxy thanksgiving eve so overpriced

Everyone is so *shocked* about prices for events on Thanksgiving Eve and yet every year it's the same... Why are you soooo suprised? A club is in business to make a profit. Everyone and their brother treks out the night before Thanksgiving as they roll into town for the holiday, etc. and thus the owners know they can capitalize on this... And do you really think everyone there is actually there for the music or dj's? How many times can we have the discussion about how suprised we are when people come up and ask who the dj is... but they are helping the cash registers at the bar though!

Get over and stay home if you can't afford it

P.S. Rumor is New Year's ticket are pretty costly too - who knew!

mehhh... crobar is charging the same price they do for their saturday night party...

Everyone is so *shocked* about prices for events on Thanksgiving Eve and yet every year it's the same... Why are you soooo suprised? A club is in business to make a profit. Everyone and their brother treks out the night before Thanksgiving as they roll into town for the holiday, etc. and thus the owners know they can capitalize on this... And do you really think everyone there is actually there for the music or dj's? How many times can we have the discussion about how suprised we are when people come up and ask who the dj is... but they are helping the cash registers at the bar though!

Get over and stay home if you can't afford it

P.S. Rumor is New Year's ticket are pretty costly too - who knew!

first of all, i think it's a sin to charge what they do on nye. however it's slightly more justified because nye is the biggest party night of the year! yeah, of course club owners and promoters are going to charge a leg and an arm on days like thanksgiving eve, because it's a long weekend. that doesn't mean i support what they do. and by acquiescing and buying the tickets at the offered price, i'm directly supporting what i believe is complete bs. and yeah, concerts cost much more. if you get tickets near the front. and a concert is different, because the artists tour/visit the same places much less frequently than dj's do. yea yea, lawler doesn't come to nyc that often. but come on.. there are PLENTY of talented dj's (albeit less popular) that come to nyc on an even more irregular basis, who's parties are a small fraction of what roxy's parties cost.

I never said I agree with the practice and pay the price if you think it's unfair, but guess what...whining and complaining about it every year doesn't change a thing b/c all they care about is profits. The amount of people in the club on these nights will always outweigh those complaining about it so they could care less who wastes space on a messageboard whining about it.

You are dead-on right with saying to check out venues where music is actually at the focal point instead.

i love the dancefloor at roxy, esp for nights like this. it is open but that's good when you got a shitload of people in there. it's easier to get around when there's not so many stairs and turns all over the place. and it's not like the sound suffers, the sound system in there is tiiight.

are you kidding me? the sound system is terrible, IMO of course.It was only at the howells tenaglia party that it was finally done right. And it was made to be a roller ink and thats what it still is. Not one of my fave places to party. But like i always say if you love a dj so much then you go whereever he plays. And let me not even being about the lighint in that place. But all that is second to the music.

yea whining about it on a message board is not going to get me anywhere, you're right about that. it's just that i was so shocked the see that it was actually this expensive. and im not just talking about the $40 (which is not that surprising). i'm talking about the $5 handling fee + the $12 delivery feel. furthermore, they make it seem as if the $12 is not an option. like you HAVE to have it delivered to your home or else you can't get tickets. they didn't even advertise the tickets as being sold at satellite this time, unlike they normally do. it was the $19 surcharge that really got to me. anyways, i like roxy when the dj and the crowd are both on point. because it's so open, it has good ventilation, and there's alot of sitting room. basically, perfect for all the crackies. i remember when was there for avb and groove armada, i had alot of fun.

Im not paying $50 to get into Roxy and then have DT come on after 4am like he always does...If it was New Years Eve probably but not for Thanksgiving...Think i might just stay local...

Unless they offer an OPEN BAR...so yeah im stayin local haha