Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling's Review of Bruno and Lemoch @ LA Covacha

Bling

The night may have been cool and refreshing but the venue, crowd and music were steaming hot this nite. "Para los que perdieron hoy, usted perdió uno de los mejores noches que he estado personalmente a en meses. "

First off, I love the fact that LA Covacha is like 15 min from my house. Hearing quality music in my area is not something i am used to so that was a huge plus. I arrived around 11 pm and got in with no issues thanks to the CJ hookup.

La Covacha is situated a bit north of Dolphin Mall down a dark street. Parking was a piece of cake on a "dirt sidestreet" a half block away. La Covacha is all outdoors. The main area is very tropical with bars adorning the corners of the club. There is foliage strewn throughout and the dj booth was in the right hand corner of the club from the main entrance.

One thing I relish about Spanish clubs is "PEOPLE ACTUALLY DANCE" (not just jumping up and down like the clubs we frequent). I love to watch couples dance salsa and other latin dances. The women swaying their hips in unison to the latin beats. Los hombres twirling their mujeres around them... as if all the couples are "competing with one another for best dancers".

I was surprised to see a familiar face I have not seen for a long time. Macfunk (Andres) along with his cousin from Venezuela. I sat down at his table and had a drink (thanks for the hookup bro )

At first the music was not so great. The dj was playing really bad "Bar Mitzvah/Wedding type songs". After a while though, he started to drop really good latin songs.(my favorites being Shakira songs) .

Around 12 pm the House tent opened up.

The house tent area

I walked in and was floored. It was literally a mini Ultra. The tent closely resembled the tents at ULTRA, as well as the lighting setup. La Covacha along with CJ did a fantastic job setting it up. The tent was set up where the Parking lot usually is.

The place was slammed. Everyone was having a blast. The women were drop dead gorgeous (hermosa latinas throughout the venue).

It was great to see the following board members: Macfunk, Dan, Andrew Chibale, Diaga, Bruno and Ardis, Cedric along with the guy at the front door at space and Lemoch.

The opening sets.

Prior to Bruno and Lemoch's sets, two djs opened. They were absoloutely fantastic. Not sure if they are regulars at La Covacha but I definitly was into it.

Bruno and Lemoch's tag team set

I would have to rank this set as perhaps my favorite Bruno set I have ever heard. Though Bruno normally plays a lot darker, the kind of house he played tonite is what I love. Ardis mentioned to me on several occasions that the vibe was incredible in the place. I would have to agree. People dancing everywhere, smiles abounding.

Myself behind the stage along with the Junkies and DJ's were having a fantastic time. I had quite a few drinks. Thanks for everything Bruno and Ardis, as well as Dan for that killer Rum and coke at the end of the nite. That thing was strongggggggggg

Bruno and Lemoch played a variety of tracks. Ranging from just "damn good house" to latin house . (esp Lemoch.)

This was my first time hearing DJ Lemoch and I was impressed beyond compare. He brought his A game and I could not stop dancing (neither could Ardis and Diaga).....

Some of my favorite tracks of the nite included:

1) Lola's Theme-Shapeshifters

2) "Dirty Filthy" -Superchumbo

3) Syntax-(Nic Fanculli-Skylark remix)

and a sick track that went "take off your bra and panties" (it had a sick rock sound too it)

Thank you Bruno and Lemoch for treating me to such incredible sounds this evening. I also want to thank the owners of La Covacha for bringing such a fantastic event to your venue. It is always great to allow clubbers who dont normally go to Space, Crobar and what not, to experience the great sounds that our locals bring each and every week.

Also want to thank Pod for that fantastic pic taken of me. Cant wait to use it as my avatar on multiple messageboards.

Funny moments of nite..

1) Diaga coming in already with a few drinks in his system them complaining that they dont serve JAGER at LA Covacha (blasphemy i tell ya). I also must note that they dont serve Presidente beer either (ugh).

2) Andrew pushing Diaga's chair as he was talkin to me so that he got way too close to comfort . (ok that wasnt really funny to me.....)

3) Diaga writing ""Bling wazaaaaaaaaaaaaaa " on my sheet i was writing notes on. Andrew drawing a smiley face........ (yeah we were having too much damn fun tonite)

4) Diaga reminding me that I picked him as my least favorite finalist at last year's CJ finals in a review I did. LOL ...... (hah it came back to haunt me today LOL )

5) Diaga telling me that "he wants bruno to play some trance to finish the set. And my response..... NO!!! (yeah i said no. the house music was just too damn good to stop tonite)

Important Dates

Diaga will be spinnin at LA COVACHA December 10th (everyone from the board should come out and check out this party.)

Also Househeads keep your calender clear in January get ready for some incredible talent coming your way @ Space

Overall a fantastic party and one of the best I have attended in quite some time

NOTE TO LP AND BIZ (BOOK ROLAND ASAP . HE WILL ROCK THE PLACE )