Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn: U2 fans....

In New York City - Today!

The rumours are true - the band are set to appear in a few hours time in New York City. Details below.

U2 will make a brief TV taping at The Empire, Fulton Ferry State Park, east side of the East River, just north of Brooklyn Bridge.

This will be part of a TV shoot - if you are close enough and can get down there, word is that you should be there for 3pm! No tickets required. (Enter the park on Plymouth and Water Street; subway: A or C Trains to High Street or F Train to York Street.)

Great way to celebrate the release of 'How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb'

http://www.u2.com/

yup already sent an email to my supervisor, im leavin at 2 to head out there. im still trying to find out if they performing a bit, at least a song or 2 ya know. Heard they where driving up broadway today playing on their way over to mtv, can't beleive i fucking missed that >_<

they are actually driving around NYC till the show at 3...

U2 playing NYC from the back of a truck…

Robin contacted us to say U2 were playing in front of Columbia

University at approx 11:15 EST. Eyewitness reports confirm the rumour

we reported previously, saying the band are playing from the back of a

flatbed truck, and will be making random stops throughout the city all

day until the concert at 3. Let's hope they've buckled up!

they are actually driving around NYC till the show at 3...

U2 playing NYC from the back of a truck…

Robin contacted us to say U2 were playing in front of Columbia

University at approx 11:15 EST. Eyewitness reports confirm the rumour

we reported previously, saying the band are playing from the back of a

flatbed truck, and will be making random stops throughout the city all

day until the concert at 3. Let's hope they've buckled up!

so it will be a concert in brooklyn? they will be singing, im goin there anyway just in case i'm so fucking RETARDED excited :bounce::bowdown:

I went to bklyn. Lots of ppl walking there, I fig i'll get there around 230 and i'll be fine...man was I ever fucking wrong this is U fucking 2. There had to be at least 2000 people there probably more, it was HUGE! It was at Fulton park, few blocks away from the Lunatarium. There was LINES everywhere to get in, I was like no way am I gettin anywhere near the stage.

So I stand by the rocks waiting to see if I can catch a glimpse of them performing, waited for a little more than an hour and I see people walking away towards the gates. I start jetting and jump over the fence along with many crazed U2 fans and we quickly all shove eachother in a friendly manner towards the gates, after a few minutes I'M IN.

The cops are like no running....I sprinted all the way, we're being video taped screaming and all...yes I fucking screamed ok, I love U2 damn it. I got close enough to the stage, about 30 feet away. Waited for about another hour and we see them on the bridge on the flatbed, finally they arrive...

MAGIC, U2 is amazing. They started off with Vertigo and 4 other songs from their new album, AMAZING stuff, I can't wait to pick it up. They where gonna leave and people started yelling 1 more song 1 more song. He mentioned the weather was beautiful and POW

It was a beatiful daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, we went NUTS! then again, 1 more song 1 more song.

If you walk away, I will follow I WAS GOING BANNANAS, thats like an all time fav everyone was going crazy. So they step off stage but no one left, they kept screaming 1 more song 1 more song we love U2...

they come back and POW another song and then 1 more time they did Vertigo but with sooooooooo much energy this time around, EVERYONE was blown away. I sung to all the tunes I know with such enthuisasm with the others it was incredible.

I've seen em live before but never this close up, Bono talked n joked with the crowd, the heartfelt new tunes where stunning. The band feels more like a band now. Everyone contributes everything, it's not just Bono or The Edge, it's all of them. The positive energy they just radiate through their music and presence is beyond words.

I knew today would be special, I felt it but man never expected this

I went to bklyn. Lots of ppl walking there, I fig i'll get there around 230 and i'll be fine...man was I ever fucking wrong this is U fucking 2. There had to be at least 2000 people there probably more, it was HUGE! It was at Fulton park, few blocks away from the Lunatarium. There was LINES everywhere to get in, I was like no way am I gettin anywhere near the stage.

So I stand by the rocks waiting to see if I can catch a glimpse of them performing, waited for a little more than an hour and I see people walking away towards the gates. I start jetting and jump over the fence along with many crazed U2 fans and we quickly all shove eachother in a friendly manner towards the gates, after a few minutes I'M IN.

The cops are like no running....I sprinted all the way, we're being video taped screaming and all...yes I fucking screamed ok, I love U2 damn it. I got close enough to the stage, about 30 feet away. Waited for about another hour and we see them on the bridge on the flatbed, finally they arrive...

MAGIC, U2 is amazing. They started off with Vertigo and 4 other songs from their new album, AMAZING stuff, I can't wait to pick it up. They where gonna leave and people started yelling 1 more song 1 more song. He mentioned the weather was beautiful and POW

It was a beatiful daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, we went NUTS! then again, 1 more song 1 more song.

If you walk away, I will follow I WAS GOING BANNANAS, thats like an all time fav everyone was going crazy. So they step off stage but no one left, they kept screaming 1 more song 1 more song we love U2...

they come back and POW another song and then 1 more time they did Vertigo but with sooooooooo much energy this time around, EVERYONE was blown away. I sung to all the tunes I know with such enthuisasm with the others it was incredible.

I've seen em live before but never this close up, Bono talked n joked with the crowd, the heartfelt new tunes where stunning. The band feels more like a band now. Everyone contributes everything, it's not just Bono or The Edge, it's all of them. The positive energy they just radiate through their music and presence is beyond words.

I knew today would be special, I felt it but man never expected this

I am happy you got some suprised FUN

They were up at Columbia, around 11am. I saw a friend today who said she was on her way to class and when she came out of the subway on 116th, they were there rocking out... awesome

yah i ran out during work while they went up 5th ave n then passed rockefeller, they where doing footage for their new video, i should ran passed the camera ;op

Sounds like one of those concert experiences you will never forget! Im glad you enjoyed it. Thats cool that they played for so long. I was expecting 2 or 3 songs tops.... agghhh if only I would have had a few more hours notice! :bowdown:

Sounds like one of those concert experiences you will never forget! Im glad you enjoyed it. Thats cool that they played for so long. I was expecting 2 or 3 songs tops.... agghhh if only I would have had a few more hours notice! :bowdown:

i found out last minute and i'm like fuck work, this is one of those once in a lifetime shits.

Here's what they played in order

Vertigo

All Because Of You

Miracle Drug

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

City of Blinding Lights

Original of the Species

She's a Mystery To Me

and the encores included

Beautiful Day

I Will Follow

Out of Control

and Vertigo again with more energy this time

sickness :bowdown:

samurai; ...very nice review of the event....makes me so freaking jealous.

been following U2 since Joshua Tree....

yah it's def one of those once in a lifetime things, like when they sang on that rooftop. It's one of those things your like "fuck I wish I was there" and fuck I was there this time :hat:

i'm def hittin up the tour in 2005. Yah I been followin U2 since I was a lil kid, their sound has always hit me nice.