Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Aspiring DJ

cheetahba

I am in need of some serious help.... I really didn't know how clueless i was about this subject until i decided to buy turntables. I mix alot on my computer, and i figured why not try the real thing and go buy a table..... Now i know theres cd mixers, turntables and all this other stuff that i don't know about.... What's the pro's and con's on these, and in your opinion what's better for a beginer?

Also is there any way to record what I am mixing, while i am mixing it from a turntable?

xoxo

D

hey whats up man!

theres alot to explain...

regarding turntables.....SPEND THE MONEY AND BUY TECHNICS SL-1200'S

they are the industry standard, will last you centuries if you take care of them and are the most accurate tables out there....u cant go wrong. make sure u get good needles and good slipmats. i always get stanton needles. the trackmaster II RS. tables are an investment...

mixers - depends on what you want....you can get a mixer from 50 bucks up to like 5000....alot of mixers have little things like bullshit bpm counters, fx, ect. ect. but all you really need on your mixer is a 3 band eq, and good faders....if you use a bpm counter to beatmatch...u shouldnt be djing IMO...

cd turntables are AWESOME if u dont want to invest the money in a vinyl collection....but i love vinyl so i am bias. i use cd turntables for unreleased tracks, tracks i can only find on cd or playing my own productions....they are expensive but they offset the money you will invest in vinyl i guess

the way i record from my mixer is i take a hybrid wire (1/8 jack to RCA jacks) i connect to the "record" output on the back of the mixer and then run the wire to the Microphone input on my laptop and use a program called Total Recorder. U can also buy Live Cd recorders (Tascam makes a good one that i have as well) but it only records the length of a blank cd and isnt good for live sets....i usualy use my tascam cd recorder to make high quality Demos and mixes and i use my laptop to record my live sets

cheetah if u know anyone that plays the violin, send them to fkornre...ever since he stared in "fiddler on the roof" hes been obsessed with learning how to play for real..

WOW.... inside joke or what????

So I have another question..... If i get good at this.... which im sure i will because i have too much time on my hands, whats the 'chances' of me ever gettin to play my set to a crowd.... I prob have to start off at small shithole places n work my way up and spend alot of my time on this huh? Besides the fact that Im a girl and people always underestimate us.

WOW.... inside joke or what????

So I have another question..... If i get good at this.... which im sure i will because i have too much time on my hands, whats the 'chances' of me ever gettin to play my set to a crowd.... I prob have to start off at small shithole places n work my way up and spend alot of my time on this huh? Besides the fact that Im a girl and people always underestimate us.

you would probly have a easier time getting a gig than i would :laugh:

well what u have to do is just get your name out there...play live sets, open for people, hand your cd to promoters, club owners, get a following together....it takes a LONG time....i been djing since i was 15 and ive only been taking it seriously this year and ive gotten some decent spots....but yes it takes ALOT of time...its a rough business

you would probly have a easier time getting a gig than i would :laugh:

well what u have to do is just get your name out there...play live sets, open for people, hand your cd to promoters, club owners, get a following together....it takes a LONG time....i been djing since i was 15 and ive only been taking it seriously this year and ive gotten some decent spots....but yes it takes ALOT of time...its a rough business

:aaah: yea it sounds like its not going to be easy... but i love doing it so i might at as well try. Do you DJ in the tri state area?