Clubplanet Nightlife Community

can u have fun at a club totally sober

NOT IN USE

theruner; I respect and fully understand your position....like I said ....I myself hardly ever use drugs while going out. But we need to distinguish between ppl who do drugs just to do drugs...just to get fucked up and those who just may need a slight "chemical" boost.

Be it a few drinks or even a hit of E - as long as your condition is such that no one would guess you are on something then it's all OK by me.

I too hate those who get fucked up....they are in no condition to be at a club or any other public place for that matter.....just stay home.

i apologize and will stay home next time...

theruner; I respect and fully understand your position....like I said ....I myself hardly ever use drugs while going out. But we need to distinguish between ppl who do drugs just to do drugs...just to get fucked up and those who just may need a slight "chemical" boost.

Be it a few drinks or even a hit of E - as long as your condition is such that no one would guess you are on something then it's all OK by me.

I too hate those who get fucked up....they are in no condition to be at a club or any other public place for that matter.....just stay home.

my thoughts exactly!!

I do it all the time, dont do drugs and dont drink at all. And i have the best times each night im out. Music is the drug people dancing is the high. Why do you need anything else.

you could not have said it any better!!! great statement. i have done both in the past but being sober at least to me is just as fun!! keep on dancing kid!! :bounce::bounce:

I do it all the time, dont do drugs and dont drink at all. And i have the best times each night im out. Music is the drug people dancing is the high. Why do you need anything else.

sorry gabe...my only reason to go out to a club is to listen to music while i am on drugs...:D

Yes....

When I first started going out I went sober.. Then I got into drugs big time.. Now I hardly touch stuff. I love going sober actually. I might be more shy, but owel !!! Now when I do stuff its more with friends ,and not in a club. I hate people seeing me fucked up.

I still can't believe the amount of stuff I use to do. 1/2 oz. of dust every 2 weeks. like 6 pills a night , god knows how much K. My head is still not the same =(

sorry gabe...my only reason to go out to a club is to listen to music while i am on drugs...:D

you rule......i love your replies...so true (regardless of what I may be or may not be doing nowadays).

I think a lot has to do with an age and a phase in ones life.... not so much music - it's just an excuse.

I know when I was doing drugs...I would have been doing them regardless of where I went out at night

• 4 weeks later...

RIP twilo days of 7 rolls... :laugh:

Anyway, I've noticed the older I get, the less I go out or do drugs. One of the best nights i had was at Space w/ Picotto and I was sober.. I haven't rolled in ages and I only do blow once in a blue moon.. All though I have to admit that I'd like a couple jars of K to have. I do miss that.. :laugh: But in the end, I drink a few here and there and thats good enough for me.

So to each their own.. I like seeing the fucked up e-tards.. it provides great entertainment for me.. I have no problem with people on drugs as long as they aren't driving and they are doing drugs in a responsible manner :)

i usually at least have a drink or 2.

i was thinking the other day and i remember when i used to go out and take pills i would spend so much less money because a pill or 2 would add up to 20-40 bucks + entry but drinks add up to 100 easily + entry. going out as a drinker is expensive

oh but anyway, can you have fun sober? i think YES but as much fun? doubtful. also when i am sober, i need something/someone really engaging to hold my attention, when i am high i can do anything and feel entertained. I would prefer dinner and jazz sober over going to a club. clubs get boring fast when your sober, it is like being in high school and watching a bunch of fucked up children run around blabbing about nonsense that you think is completely stupid and youre not relating to at all. its not that you cant have fun but more that there are other things which are more interesting to do sober. it all depends strongly on my mood, there are times the music can make me feel high & times i cant take it. then again, i cant remember the last time i didnt have at least 1 drink(or4) when i went out.

let them know sara. Ive never taken a drug and all of ya know how much fun i have everynight im out and thats a lot. If your ALTERING your mental state with alcohol and drugs to make a BETTER TIME maybe then you should change the music your listening to cause its obvious not enough.

silverbull - you must be my friggen twin, bro lol cuz im right up there w/ u on this one.

for nye - cuz i was driving - i just did one drink really. But hell, I danced 10 pm to 3:30 am to three different areas of music in a crowd totally over approx 7,000 people ... when my buds foudn me on the dancefloor making out with the girl, my sober ass was having so much fun I picked up both of my buddies in the air (one is like 170 lbs lol) ... i gave one 18 year old dude what he said was his best light show ever done to him (glow sticks) during a fast trance set inside .... i think around 3:30 in the morning, one dude in a white linen jacket and a white suit and a white shirt saw me dancing like a crazy mofo to some techno/break beats with rap overlay and started bonding with my chick and me just over the music.... inside, i met two peeps that went to burning man last year and drove to this party from denver and while chillin with them met 10 peeps that drove from new mexico for the party.

All I can say is ... when I sat in the car to drive back i screamed "ouch my legs" cuz when u are that possessed by the music in such a vibe and a wonderful setting u forget really where you are for one night. I turned to the girl and said "is it me, or does it seem like we went to another place for the night". A great party is suppose to be escape-ist. You achieve that through music and vibe and light.

and fyi, I did drink later. When we got home, I poured the champagne on both of us in the shower, drank from the bottle, and we had um ... lots of fun with alcohol then :devil: lol

let them know sara. Ive never taken a drug and all of ya know how much fun i have everynight im out and thats a lot. If your ALTERING your mental state with alcohol and drugs to make a BETTER TIME maybe then you should change the music your listening to cause its obvious not enough.

That's kind of nieve don't you think? I'm pretty sure drug and alcohol abuse has very little to do with the music you listen to