Clubplanet Nightlife Community

partyingout.com- kool one

what do you think of partyingout.com?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think of partyingout.com?

I was searching the web for some nightclub listing sites of us, got many but discovered a site which is something different from the rest.....

www.partyingout.com

A site which is new but has got a lot of functionalities.......

very kool design and got everything from party lisitings to arranging ....

also gotta instant messenger and match search.....

i love that site.....

There is no content in the events section and the forum buttons dont seem to appear, it also isnt built into the design of the main site. Clicking through the Mix Drink section I found nothing, The reviews section is empty as well and several other sections are without content. The navigation could be a little confusing for an averagage user too. this site needs a lot of work if it wants to step into the arena with the big boys.... I'll stick to rhythmizm and CP for now. With only 10 members there doesnt seem to be a large audience to promote events to either...

I help out with another website called ClubHunt.com and i just looked over your site. Since i am on a hunch that you guys are the people who run the site i will try and give you my honest opinion instead of bashing it like most people might.

First off, i wouldnt go public with the site or promote it on other boards, etc. until you have a decent amount of content and features for viewers to browse and checkout. For example, if i read your post, check it out and there is nothing there, there is a decnt chance i will forget about it in 2 minutes and probably never return.

If i were you i would ask everyone invloved to send out an email to all there friends, everyone they know and ask them to check out the site, register and post or whatever. This way when other people who just surf in go there the site will have some fresh content and not look so brand new. Also, its weird but noone wants to be the only person posting or reviewing- the more reviews and posts, the more other people will be drawn to join in and add to the discussion.

I do like the overall design of the site, it seems as though the designer of the site did a good job making it look professional and thorough. So imo it does have potential BUT you need info and stuff on there.

Just some advice... Getting people to your site, using your site and getting your site well known is not as easy as everyone thinks. CP has been around forever and is definitely at the top of the food chain. Nowadays with so many clubsites/nightlife sites out there it is definitely a challenge to break in and make an impact (especially in the tri-state area) but you just have to keep at it and network and make contacts with other people in related fields and things will happen.

Bottom line is, you get what you put in and dont expect it to just blow up and be off the hook the first few months- be realistic.

In my experiences 2 of the biggest features that keep users coming back is an active messageboard and photos. Also if you do parties or run lists im sure people would be keen to getting some kind of a deal- just be.

Good luck with everything and if you have any other questions feel free to pm me. Peace.

ps: If anyone would want to give a once over ClubHunt.com and give a review that would be great. Im curious to what others think about it. And before people go crazy and say that im spamming or any of that crap- this wasnt my intention and the mods can edit it immediately, if they feel necessary, no problem. thanks...

Im in a similar situation to the person above me. I co-own / run a site called BayRidgeNights.com which now has well over 2,000 members. So while technically you are "the competition" I will give you some pointers.

Things I noticed that need repair:

1. When people browse your site at a HIGH resolution (Im viewing @ 1280 x 12024) your sites header image repeats accross the top of your site.

2. When viewing your site in Firefox (The second largest web browser in the world) your navigation bar underneath the header image is crap. You see a few letters of some links, and the full text for others.

3. Where it says "Party Pics" and "Hottest" in the middle of the cover page the text doesnt line up with the images (in IE and Firefox)

4. In Firefox the "Party Pics" and "Hottest" text is centered between these images bracketdown.jpg where as in IE itws left justified.

5. You should add a "Register" link right next to the login boxes on the top of the screen. Thats where I expected them to be, not 6 lines down by the horizontal menu.

6. Polls dont seem to work in IE or Firefox. If you have poll voting for registered members only, then I suggest hiding the box completely from unregistered visitors.

7. Other than that, you really need to get some content in order. Some content Looks like its there, but when you click it says "We're sorry but there is no XXXXXXX that matched your search."