Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling's Review of Edgar V @ Space

Bling

PVD WHO????? Unlike Ferry Corsten who has consistently delievered incredible sets as well as Tiesto, Paul Van Dyk @ Space has been consistently subpar. Tonite was all about Edgar V. His opening house set was awesome and his closing set in which stayed till 7:45 am where he was still playing to a half full main room was the BEST SET I HAVE HEARD THIS YEAR!!! (even surpassing Tiesto at WMC on Magik Muzik nite...)

The set was truly epic that only those that were there can understand what I am talking about.

I arrived around 11:30 really worried about the parking situation but to my surprise Space handled the 18+ party great. When I arrived, Cedric was playing in the lounge and inside PVD was playing for the younger crowd. ARound 12 he finished his set and the Space staff moved the 18+ crowd out the back door so to avoid congestion in the lounge area. (very well done... bravo!!!)

Massive shoutouts go out to all the TA's and Cpers in attendance. The Cpers included: Koky and Leo, Maribel and Doug, Relik, Renzo and Grooveeric (Koky, renzo and eric also are TA's). It was great to finally see Issel(sotuchick) again ( I dug your hair even though you said you dont like it). Great to see Nadia and her friend from Orlando and later on for Edgar's afterhours set Flip . (u got there for the best part of the nite)

The Ta's included: HappyKandy (melissa) I was happily surprised to see you. Colleen (had a blast dancing with you), Melly Mel (always lookin hot)...

Ryan and Rachel, RZO, Arturo and Harold, Damon (I am a TA just look at how freakin nuts i was during edgar's set LOL)....Raul, Vero, Miriam, Amber, Ben, Felipe, Smokey, Dr.Dave and MJM420 (also on CP) If I am missing anyone forgive me LOL.

I was surprised to not see Trancebrat in attendance :( we missed you.

Edgar's opener

This house opener was even better then when he opened for Ferry. THe set started off with very uplifting house (lots of female vocals). Then it slowly progressed to darker and harder house.

My favorite track of his opener was the one that goes "I WANNA SPEND TIMEEEEEEEE WITH YOU!!!"

Around 2:15-2:30 Paul Van DYK took the decks

PVD Set

First off, the place was disgusting packed it was extremely annyong. it was WMC packed. No room at all unlike at Ferry. Right off the start Pvd started with that hard trance that just went nowhere. There was only one track in the first 90 min that had me dancing ( a vocal)

The last 45 min of his set was better. For about 25 min or so he played back to back to back old skool tracks off his Global Cd. That had me dancing up front in front of the podiums for sure. Nothing tops old school Paul Van Dyk.

His set though lasted a paltry 3 hrs..... unlike Tiesto who played 3 hrs last time (because of a hurricane closing in on us), I could note no reason why Paul could not play a bit more. Politics I guess.(and not Politics of Dancing btw)

During the set I went to the lounge to just lean on the wall "bored." during this time got to thank seansuz for being cool as hell and hooking me up with a drink ticket :) (that vodka tonic was strongggggggggggggggg )

Edgar V closing set....

EPIC, SUPERB..... I AM AT A LOSS FOR WORDS. Edgar V is God!!! Tonite Edgar V delievered a closing set that I will never forget. He played vocals, trance, hard trance... he played it all. I could not stop dancing, I actually thought I had 3 heartattacks during the set. OMFG I DIE, OMFG I DIE, OMFG I DIEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

The hardcore Edgar fans were still there: Damon, eric, renzo, koky and leo... For those that missed this...... u missed the set of the year. AT some points I seriously thought i was gonna pass out from dancing so hard on the platform and on the floor, jumping, screaming.... beggging for more....

Edgar V is the real deal people. At 7 am the place was still goin off the main room was still going nuts. I have been in the main room many times at 7 am at space recently and I have not seen it that full at that time for quite a while.

Edgar massive props to you and your masterpiece of a set tonite..

Next time PVD is in town I said to myself at first: "I wont be attending" But then I thought.. wait a sec Edgar will probably open and close again and if he does. Im definitly there :)

In closing I would like to just say one more thing: Edgar mutha@#$#$# VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV :)

(ok everyone this is my one crazy review for the year. back to my normal stuff next time lol)

Just wanted to say had a GREAT night with everyone!! Thought PVD was ok, no big deal, however EDGAR V, YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!! If it wasn't for it being Thanksgiving yesterday, I would have stayed all morning long!! It was so hard to leave, b/c EVERY song he played just made me want to stay!! We are really lucky to have this great DJ, b/c so few times are you able to hear such great trance music. Thanks for making the night so memorable, cause if it wasnt for Edgar, the night would not have been the same!!!

EDGAR V YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)

ps. This is Maribel, BTW!

I finally got to see Edgar perform and all I am gonna say is...Uncle V count me in as one of your new FANS!!!!!!! You are the Mozart of trance music! :bowdown:

You never seen Edgar perform... are you serious...?

wow, I first saw Edgar at one of our groove radio raves (1998-9), and ever since I heard him spin I know he was going to cause a ripple in Miami that would effect many people. That night he jammed and the night at PVDCACA he just owned SPACE!

- now edgar if u reading this... where is my CD for that plug I just posted........ :)

What a night.It was great hanging with the friends that made it out,Doug,Maribel,Issel good looking out homegirl you said you were going and you did,Flip you da man homie appearing for the afterhours,Renzo,Eric,MDamon, and the rest of the folks that were there.Even though most of you guys didnt like PVDS set I enjoyed it,it wasnt as good as the sets hes been throwing down all year but whatever,knowing Edgar was closing I really didnt give a shyt about how PVDs set was.The real show started when Edgar took over the decks,it was on.Most of the crew had left but that wasnt going to keep me from leaving,stayed till the end,till the bouncers started kicking everyone out of the dance floor :mad:Cause if Edgar wouldve spun till 10 am or 11 am I for sure would have stayed,bombs aways,Robo showed up late but he showed up.After hearing and jamming to an awesome set in the mainroom had no choice but to head on over to the terrace.Chilled for a bit till like 9:30 am and decided to call it quits.

Despite Space isnt the same from what it use to be,I managed to have alot of fun and its always worth seeing Edgar for afterhours :dj:Thanks alot HOMIE for a monster set..... :cool:U know if it wasnt for the bouncers i'll still be in that shyt.

Till next time..