Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone Know of a Good Lounge to go to on Thurs?

After partying our booties off on Wed night, rising early to cook TDay dinner, and entertaining my family the whole day, I know Nicki and I will have cabin fever, and want to go out. But we may not be up for a big night, since we'll have S&D on Fri, and SF on Sat. So a lounge sounds like the perfect way to spend the evening.

Anyone have any ideas, and maybe care to join us?

------------------

icon9.giflove.gifbiggrin.gif

Peace Love Happiness y'all

DivaliciousNYC@aol.com

Theres this "little" lounge called Ballroom de Hammerstein.....where some guy named Oakenfold Paulowsky is supposedly spinning some kind of layed back lounge music. Please don't confuse this with Paul Oakenfold at Hammerstein Ballroom going on at the same time, same place.......

------------------

"The world is a better place because of those who refuse to believe they can't

fly."

stripper.gif

Originally posted by gq2727:

Theres this "little" lounge called Ballroom de Hammerstein.....where some guy named Oakenfold Paulowsky is supposedly spinning some kind of layed back lounge music. Please don't confuse this with Paul Oakenfold at Hammerstein Ballroom going on at the same time, same place.......

I know about Oakie at Hammer. But like I said, we son't be in the best shape...

------------------

DivaliciousNYC@aol.com

Originally posted by misskittie:

Leopard Lounge actaually is a fabulous place.

Its on 2nd & 5th.

Hey Kittie!

What kind of music do they play, and is there a bit of a dance floor in case I get the fever? Oh, and how is the crowd?

------------------

DivaliciousNYC@aol.com

[This message has been edited by divalicious (edited 11-21-2000).]

my poor little bootie, all partied off!!! smile.gif

so Betty Crocker and myself, Chef Boyardee, are going to be making magic in Monique's kitchen on Turkey Day, aka Chicken Day b/c we're cooking chickens....yep, let's find a lounge!!

------------------

jumpdei.gif Boink like a bunny!!!

Originally posted by divalicious:

I know about Oakie at Hammer. But like I said, we son't be in the best shape...

Note my sarcasm

cwm25.gif

Anyway...my recommendation for a really cool place to chill is APT...its on 13th bet. 9th Ave and Washington (meat packing dist)...right before Fressen. There is NO sign at all but the address is 419 W13th Street...you walk throught the fron two doors and then there is another door that looks like an Apartment front door....very chill and as of yet undiscovered...by the annoying masses......

------------------

fly."

stripper.gif

This is what I found online about Leopard lounge... http://www.digitalcity.com/newyork/bars/venue.dci?vid=20431

The crowd is mixed form young to old ...it doesnt get incredibly pakced on Thursdays to be truthful but its still comfy cozy and fun. The music upstairs is dancy weird beats I guess you can say ...dowwnstairs they play the old classics like Prince!Check it out!

------------------

tigger.gif

"Love is friendship set to music."

...E. Joseph Crossmann

AOL = MadamKittE

10th street lounge is really cool. drinks are a little pricey, but the atmosphere is great. it's on 10th street (hence the name smile.gif) between 1st & 2nd ave. it's not really obvious so you have to be careful not to pass it. there's a small metal plaque outside that has the name engraved. biggrin.gif

Check out Magnum......It's on West Broadway down in Soho (across W. Broadway from where the old Chaos used to be). The crowd and the vibe is great and Lenny Kravitz frequents the place.

------------------

The only difference between a saint and a sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.....Oscar Wilde

Thanks for all your help guys...

I've also heard of these places, does anyone have opinions on them?

Chelsea Lounge

Gemini Lounge

Lava Lounge

I used to go to Gemini all the time...its a real cozy spot with IMO the most comfortable couches in the city. The music varies by the night...worth calling to find out what they have when you want to go. Also, I promoted Lava when it first opened and its an ok place to chill...actually now that I think about it ....DEFINITELY go to H2K on 23rd St and 9th Avenue....it is such a great place to chill...TRUST ME...nice music (not blsting)...good drinks and a chill comfy atmosphere.

------------------

fly."

stripper.gif

There's a sexy little lounge called Crackonian Castle that I've heard is quaint AND relaxing. Come alone. 18 and over for the after hours please. It gets a little blue.

------------------

Too crazy for Boys Town, too much of a boy for Crazy Town.

Smithers, come here. I need you.

Thanks for all your help guys...

I've also heard of these places, does anyone have opinions on them?

Chelsea Lounge

Gemini Lounge

Lava Lounge

A bunch of us went to Lava Lounge before Twirl last time. Pretty cool place. Great architecture and feel, but a little pricey. They were playing hip hop that particular night, don't know if that is their standard play though....

cwm17.gif

Originally posted by gq2727:

Oakenfold Paulowsky, the Polka King? OH MY GOD! I've got all his albums. That guy plays a mean accordion. cwm12.gif

------------------

translucent_binary.gif

Originally posted by uknjx2:

my poor little bootie, all partied off!!! smile.gif

so Betty Crocker and myself, Chef Boyardee, are going to be making magic in Monique's kitchen on Turkey Day, aka Chicken Day b/c we're cooking chickens....yep, let's find a lounge!!

can i come over? my family's vegetarian

cwm14.gif

------------------

chronic is the answer...